KIA cars

Old Nov 6th 2015, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all
Default KIA cars

does anyone have any opinion on KIA motors in spain. my old renault died and neeed to get a new car. Price wise the Kia deal seems good.
Old Nov 6th 2015, 4:54 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIA cars

Originally Posted by dunmovin
does anyone have any opinion on KIA motors in spain. my old renault died and neeed to get a new car. Price wise the Kia deal seems good.
I guess they are as good as any other dealer (mate had one & he was happy) and do they not come with a 7 year warranty ?
Poor resale of course but not an issue if its a keeper & if it suits why not.

Worth reading "honest john" website for owners feedback/faults/good-bad on the model you have your eye on as this will give you a bit of a better idea (IMO)

Last edited by VFR; Nov 6th 2015 at 4:57 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2015, 5:52 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

They are not considered so downmarket as used to be the case and now having built up their reputation there is nothing like the price gap that used to exist against other popular brands.
My own experience with them has been excellent, never a single problem.
I'm not surprised they have enough confidence to offer a seven year guarantee which I don't think any other manufacturer can match.
If I buy a car from a Far East manufacturer, I prefer one that has actually been manufactured in the Far East, as I believe in general that their quality control is still overall superior to that in some, though maybe not all, European factories.
Old Nov 6th 2015, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

thanks will check the site. looking at a kia rio or dacia sandero(not too impressed with sales service from dacia, but cerainly cheap cars)
Old Nov 6th 2015, 5:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Some models are built in Europe. The Kia Ceed is built in Slovakia.

The Dacia models seem very popular in Spain, especially the big SUV. It's cheap but the price creeps up if you add some extras. It's basically a recycled Renault made in a Renault factory in Romania. They also make a small car, the Sandero, but that also comes as a baby SUV called the Stepway.

The best engine is the new small turbo petrol, straight out of the latest Renaults.

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 6th 2015 at 6:13 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2015, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

looked at the stepway...seemed fine but wife thought it was too big and cost a lot more, what really naffed me off was the 5 week wait to buy either model, which was adding 500 euros for a hire car, whereas kia could give me a 1.2 rio in three days =plus under plan pive 8 they would discount the new car by around 2,000 euros and dispose of the old one. the 4x4 dacia duster is what the local police use and that was what got me interested in dacia but far more expensive
Old Nov 6th 2015, 7:04 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin
looked at the stepway...seemed fine but wife thought it was too big and cost a lot more, what really naffed me off was the 5 week wait to buy either model, which was adding 500 euros for a hire car, whereas kia could give me a 1.2 rio in three days =plus under plan pive 8 they would discount the new car by around 2,000 euros and dispose of the old one. the 4x4 dacia duster is what the local police use and that was what got me interested in dacia but far more expensive
I think its was the Rio that my mate had & he had that for at least 8 years and was still fine when he traded it in, well apart from all the bumps & bruises.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about

I Have a kia truck , had it from new , its nearly 10 years old now

Had no major problems , very pleased with it !

Cheers Tony
Old Nov 10th 2015, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VFR
I guess they are as good as any other dealer (mate had one & he was happy) and do they not come with a 7 year warranty ?
Poor resale of course but not an issue if its a keeper & if it suits why not.

Worth reading "honest john" website for owners feedback/faults/good-bad on the model you have your eye on as this will give you a bit of a better idea (IMO)
Agree about consulting the Honest John site for reviews, but having done so for many many models, the vast majority seem to have countless "cons", which is very confusing IMO. Having said that, the Lexus IS range seems good, but of course somewhat up-market.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Had a Sportage for 8 years and I love it, no problems and nice to drive.