Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

kennels ? Gandia-Valencia

kennels ? Gandia-Valencia

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default kennels ? Gandia-Valencia

does anyone know of any kennels preferably somewhere between Gandia- Valencia - ned one for a few days when we go back to UK in October

I was told that there was a new one in Oliva but dont know where ?
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kennels ? Gandia-Valencia

Originally Posted by spain
does anyone know of any kennels preferably somewhere between Gandia- Valencia - ned one for a few days when we go back to UK in October

think I found the one in Oliva - called Woofers, any experience of it ??
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:40 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No I've never stayed there
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:54 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

there is a kennels near to us in Barxeta called barking barxeta, I popped in there one day to look at a stray dog that needed a home, they didnt know i was coming and i was most impressed its only a small kennels but was very clean and the 2 dogs in the kennels had clean bowls with plenty of water and food, and kennels were clean.
not sure but i think its www.barking-barxeta.co.uk or www.barkingbarxeta.co.uk either way if you cant find it ask again here and i will check it out
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:02 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
there is a kennels near to us in Barxeta called barking barxeta, I popped in there one day to look at a stray dog that needed a home, they didnt know i was coming and i was most impressed its only a small kennels but was very clean and the 2 dogs in the kennels had clean bowls with plenty of water and food, and kennels were clean.
not sure but i think its www.barking-barxeta.co.uk or www.barkingbarxeta.co.uk either way if you cant find it ask again here and i will check it out
its www.barkingbarxeta.co.uk telephone number is 685615348
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

its www.barkingbarxeta.co.uk telephone number is 685615348
thanks appreciate that, will give them a call
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

would just like to say although my dog was booked in to "woofers" he didnt end up going

the guy that runs the place is a totally rude man (and Ive spoken to few after working at British Gas complaints department )

when I booked he asked what time I would be dropping the dog off, I said about 5pm

20 past 5 he rings me and says "are you lost or what, youre late" (charming)unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had been delayed so hadnt even set off, he said if I could get there by 6pm it would be ok - I apologised for being late but said I wouldnt be there by 6pm but I was definitely going (as we were going to Barcelona) he hung up

as soon as I got back home I phoned again - he said "he has a life outside the kennels" (fair enough) and "he was sick of F**king people not turning up on time, there is a deadline of 6pm - again fair enough but he didnt mention that fact when I booked

anyway, in the end he told me "not to worry about it" (which I wasnt) and hung up

Ive got to say I think he is the rudest man I have spoken to for a long time and if this is how he conducts his business Im surprised he has one !!!!

this was the day before our weekend getaway so I was panicking a bit, phoned barking barxetas who were fully booked, then remembered another place we had seen, so popped down there and spoke to a lovely Spanish lady and booked the dog in

so a big thumbs down for the rude man at woofers

and a thumbs up for the lady at San Anton its 10€ a night and includes food - website is www.residenciacaninasananton.com

oh and BTW - Barcelona was great, a bit of whirlwind tour but we had a good time, saw the sights and also went to Barcelona FC
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:24 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spain,

I don't understand how people like that stay in business and thrive. It just defies reason.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a good place to leave your dog and you had a nice time in Barcelona. I haven't met anyone who hasn't enjoyed that beautiful city. We too will be visiting soon, although it will only be a flying visit to retrieve my passport.

How is your dog's treatment going?

Martha
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Spain,

I don't understand how people like that stay in business and thrive. It just defies reason.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a good place to leave your dog and you had a nice time in Barcelona. I haven't met anyone who hasn't enjoyed that beautiful city. We too will be visiting soon, although it will only be a flying visit to retrieve my passport.

How is your dog's treatment going?

Martha

yeah ok at the moment thanks - hes finished his first course of jabs - 2nd lot to start in a couple of weeks

hes still on pills daily and the vet has said that we will see how far the disease has progressed once he has his next blood test after the injections have all finished - but have heard of dogs living with it so he could well be ok (although need life long medication)
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:16 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everything turns out for the best
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I have often found that kennel owners lack communication skills. Sometimes I think that people who are good with animals are not so good with people. Not that I am making any excuses for this bloke, I would have done exactly what you did and took my business elsewhere.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

English run, and they do sometimes take abandoned dogs through PEPA, I have spoken to the owners several times, when we were involved with PEPA, and they seem very nice people.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
English run, and they do sometimes take abandoned dogs through PEPA, I have spoken to the owners several times, when we were involved with PEPA, and they seem very nice people.
yeah actually when I phoned (think her name was Margaret) she was very friendly and helpful and gave me another number of someone who might of been able to help me a bit further inland - she sounded a real dog lover

but now I have found this local Spanish one Iwill use them from now on