Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ken and I Are Retiring To South Spain In The Near Future Really Need Some Help

Ken and I Are Retiring To South Spain In The Near Future Really Need Some Help

Old Feb 26th 2019, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Location: Scotland and Ukraine ������������ Scotland and Ukraine
KenandBernadette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ken and I Are Retiring To South Spain In The Near Future Really Need Some Help

Hello Everyone

New To BE...Really Near Some Expert Expat Advice .....
Ken and I Are Retiring To South Of Spain In Near Future.
We Are Flying Out In March To Begin Our search...
some of the Areas We Have looked at on Line Seem So Cheap...
for Instance Vinuella...Fabulous Houses With Lake Views....
is There Something Wrong with This Area...
Is there A Site Where We can get the “Nitty Gritty “ About All The Different Areas In South Of Spain...

Kindest Regards
Bee
Old Feb 26th 2019, 8:28 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ken and I Are Retiring To South Spain In The Near Future Really Need Some He

Check the properties have all the correct legal documentation, as many in the Vinuela area are illegal builds or don't have all the correct licences and subsequent paperwork
Old Feb 26th 2019, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ken and I Are Retiring To South Spain In The Near Future Really Need Some He

Originally Posted by KenandBernadette
Hello Everyone

Is there A Site Where We can get the “Nitty Gritty “ About All The Different Areas In South Of Spain...

Kindest Regards
Bee
There is nothing wrong with the Vihuela area and there are many expats in and around the area. However do take independent thorough legal advice on any properties you consider as many in the Campo area around there are illegal builds. I know people who have bought that area and had issues.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank You Bob..🙂
Old Feb 26th 2019, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank You the Golfer � ����
Old Feb 26th 2019, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The Axarquia area of which Vineula is part is a beautiful area of Spain. There are many lovely villages in the area all with their own character. You really do need to visit and stay and travel around the area to decide what will suit you. There are coastal/beach areas countryside to mountain areas it is very varied. Do you want to live in a village , Campo or urbanisation? You will have an idea what your dream is but if I were you I would try by visiting and staying in the area of choice before buying.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bob
Ken and I have visited Spain Numerous Times and Have Friends Near Colmenar and My Brother Has a Place In Ardales...
We Definitely Don’t want to Live in a “Scheme” or Urbanisation...We Need To Think of Our Auld Age and Think about 24 Hour Medical Centres and Hospital, and perhaps public transport in the eventuality of us both having to give up driving...
A Few Estate Agents Have said they want to show us round...
I am Very Wary , as I don’t know the Estate Agency System In Spain, I can see that some homes are listed with several Agents, 1 Agent said that if we bought a home from him we would have to pay a 2% fee...
When I questioned this...and said that I thought that the seller paid the fees...he said that it was very common in Spain for buyer to also buyer a fee...
I told him to get lost...and deleted him and his portfolio of properties...
I am told it is a buyers Market in Spain Just now....
can Any of you Expert Expats Confirm....
Any Help would Be So Appreciated.� ����� ����

Kindest Regards
Bee
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Certainly a buyer's market I bought in Spain 11years ago and properties still for sale were for sale then. Many are now asking nearly 50% lower than they were then but still can't sell. Campo houses/villas tend to sell better than village properties. Spanish estate agents are a particular breed selling fees in Spain are extortionate. You are right to consider getting older not driving etc. Some villages are better served than others by busses many villages as you will know in the area are very hilly, vinuela is not hilly but I don't know about transport links. People who were happy in the village I'm in we're happy here 11 years ago but more are now considering moving to the coast because flatter and amenities.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank You So Much for All This Invaluable Information Bob..🙂
Old Feb 27th 2019, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank You So Much for All This Invaluable Information Bob..🙂
You are welcome I am no expert but have been through the process and had to deal with the financial crash when £ all but hit parity, property slump and decrease in value of property we bought and currently the totally unexpected brexit fiasco. Hence I say make sure the whole package area , house and lifestyle is for you before committing hard cash. I love having a house in Spain but believe me it is far from plain sailing. However if its what you want and you have researched well (you are starting off well by seeking info on here, ask any question someone will be able to offer advice an opinion) also read through previous threads as this type of question with lots of replies has been asked numerous times. Good luck and I hope you end up with your ideal home in Spain.

Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Thank You Bob🙂
Old Feb 27th 2019, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone

Kindest Regards
Bee
Hi people in your situation are often advised to rent first before committing larger sums to buy.
That way they can establish that a property or area suits their needs, whilst also giving the opportunity to explore the areas more easily.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Fred
Thank You....but renting is not an option...we live 3 weeks out of 4 in Ukraine just now...
kindest regards

bee
Old Feb 28th 2019, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Fred. Rent First - Buy Later! - Even if you are buying the cheapest of properties, it is still an expensive outgoing. You might get the residence of your dreams and a month later a difficult neighbour can make life fairly difficult for you. We all can recommend resorts/areas for you, but you are taking the word of some of us faceless people.
The Bottom Line:- When you sign, you're responsible. There is no point in backing a nag in a thoroughbred horse race. Ensure you're on the thoroughbred.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fred
Thank You....but renting is not an option...we live 3 weeks out of 4 in Ukraine just now...
kindest regards

bee
Why can you not rent in spain if you are only here for one week out of each month?