Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

just lost channel 5 & fiver

just lost channel 5 & fiver

Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default just lost channel 5 & fiver

hi, yes it went last week on a 2m dish, pace 2600, old sky card.

All Sky went - I used to watch Sky 3 but sadly no more.

I retuned with my digisat finder & am getting 83 signal strength, rebooted everything...to no avail. Now just bbc & itv.

Do I just need a new sky card, & has anyone got one, Denia area.

Cheers
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:50 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just lost channel 5 & fiver

Originally Posted by poolboy
hi, yes it went last week on a 2m dish, pace 2600, old sky card.
All Sky went - I used to watch Sky 3 but sadly no more.
I retuned with my digisat finder & am getting 83 signal strength, rebooted everything...to no avail. Now just bbc & itv.
Do I just need a new sky card, & has anyone got one, Denia area.
Cheers
it all depends on what is the message on the screen....and until you say what that is i cannot help you...
i bet if you have lost 5, then the message on the screen is "this is the wrong card for this set top box"....can you confirm
and can you confirm that you are using a sky subscription card (like sky1), or just the freesatfromsky card (ie only five, fiver etc)

Last edited by The Guy; Jun 7th 2009 at 5:57 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

hi thanks for prompt response. Don't know what sky card I have, I used to get main channels till last week, ie, non subscrip ones.

Main loss is c5 & fiver.

Message is something like not avail but I can't remember exactly, it searches on reboot but with no success. Also, I used to get ITV 24 7 now it breaks up.

Would a new card help & where do I get one.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:12 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

again it depends on the messageon the screen....

if it says "this is the wrong card for this set top box" then your sky card has not been paired up to the box.
normally this would not matter for the FTV channels (like Five) or the "6 mixes" channels, but would matter for sky sports and movies.

However, it is also being used as part of the sky card change.
the new cards must be activated in the correct box, and if you have this message for even Five, then it means that your new sky card has been sent to the uk address your sky card is registered. before you do anything with this new card you must call sky and get your card paired to the box...or call your installer who should have done all of this for you already....as you wil not be able to ciew ANY sky / encrypted channels AT ALL!

If the message for Five is a red "Channel Unavailable", then make sure your sky card is in the correct slot of the box....the card must be in the "Viewing card" slot for Five to be added to the EPG listing...go to Sky1 and see the message...if it is "insert card" then your card is not or incorrectly in the slot...

(sometimes in the past when the box has rebooted after a software update....when this has happened, unplug the box from the power, take out the card, reconnect power, boot up box (maybe doing the old frequency change to help the box boot up), get a picture, go to sky1, get the insert card message, insert card, wait, and you should get Sky1 and Five should have reloaded into the EPG)

your ITV will be different as if a sky box is booted without a sky card in it will default the BBC1 regions to london and ITV1 region to Central SW...

So as i said it all depends what the messages are on the screen....

Hope this helps, if not call me (no is via the link below!)

Last edited by The Guy; Jun 7th 2009 at 6:23 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks, will try tomorrow. Looks like a reboot without card, insert card, then c5 reappears.

If not I call you!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:25 pm

from the sounds of it you have a card / box boot up issue.. try the above proces and all should work..if not call..i am due in Denia area definatly on tuesday, but can push a monday call if Mitzyboy does not keep me up at his house for long....
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:26 am
Account Closed

maisymay is an unknown quantity at this point

We lost 5 but went to freqency settings
Frequency 12422
Polarisation H
FEC 2/3
S.R. 27.5
his worked for us and we have 5 perfectly