Reload this Page >

Just An Idea At The Moment - Lanzarote

Just An Idea At The Moment - Lanzarote

Old Jul 7th 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

RandomlySet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just An Idea At The Moment - Lanzarote

Morning all,

You may remember last year I was asking about moving to NYC. Well, the job opportunity I was "promised" looks less and less likely.

Soooo...................

Our lass mentioned a few months ago, the idea of moving to Lanzarote.

Her step-dad goes out there 4 times a year (for the past 10+ years), she goes once or twice and on one of those I'll join her.

She's currently out there now, and everyone she's spoken with says it's cheap to live out there. But does that mean the wages are low too?

Granted it's not a huge island, but we always stay in Puerto del Carmen. Her step dad's friend (let's call him John) moved out here 20ish years ago and has a few apartments (I believe he is now the chairman of the committee of an apartment complex). So I think somewhere around there would be nice, but from what I gather, "John" and his wife live in Tias.

Anyway, some background about me and my partner. We're both in our young 30s, no kids, 1 dog and a house. She is a receptionist within the NHS, and I have background as an E-Commerce Manager for the last 6 years (well, I changed roll within the company 3 months ago to IT Systems Analyst).

The first thing I guess I would need to know is, other than bar/restaurant work, what job opportunities are there out there? I think if we was to move, we'd seriously have to consider setting up our own business (probably food based).

Secondly, costs. What would I be looking at in terms of fees etc to move out there? Then what would monthly bills be like?

Thanks in advance,

Mat
Old Jul 7th 2017, 12:17 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just An Idea At The Moment - Lanzarote

The Canary islands are a fantastic archipelago in which to live, providing you have an income and speak Spanish, otherwise life might be somewhat difficult, wages are low unemployment is high, 40% here.