Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

JUST ARRIVED IN SPAIN - CAR FINANCING?

JUST ARRIVED IN SPAIN - CAR FINANCING?

Old Sep 2nd 2020, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

dr_zito is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JUST ARRIVED IN SPAIN - CAR FINANCING?

Hi, we have just arrived in Spain and I would like to purchase a car with the financing system known as "renting". However without a credit score or. banking history it seems difficult. Does anyone know a way to finance your car? Using a credit card and paying monthly instalments? Showing tax returns from abroad?

Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:48 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JUST ARRIVED IN SPAIN - CAR FINANCING?

What car, new or 2nd hand, and where are you? Audi dealer I used in are very easy to deal with. https://www.gruposala.com/audi
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
What car, new or 2nd hand, and where are you? Audi dealer I used in are very easy to deal with. https://www.gruposala.com/audi
New or used
Madrid

What I would like is to have the option of leasing/renting.

Will check, thanks!
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 9:08 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck :-)
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 12:16 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dr_zito
Hi, we have just arrived in Spain and I would like to purchase a car with the financing system known as "renting". However without a credit score or. banking history it seems difficult. Does anyone know a way to finance your car? Using a credit card and paying monthly instalments? Showing tax returns from abroad?

Thanks!
Hi from the France forum. When we leased a new car 3 years ago, we had to provide a thick dossier (Bank Statements proving our joint income (both Pensioners, but workers would have to show payslips, too), as well as the official Income Tax Notice for the year before as a double check; proof of domicile (Utility Bills, Property Deeds or rental receipts, the French equivalents of Council Tax (property and occupancy). And, of course, our Bank's references to set up the monthly transfers. You wouldn't be able to do this in France.
You must surely first open a Bank Account and discuss the financial side with the Manager before you approach a garage/dealer? I obviously don't know whether a Spanish lessor would sign a lease with some one who has just arrived in Spain. Unless you want guaranteed coverage for repairs during the 3 years, wouldn't it be simpler to buy outright, negotiating a loan with your new Bank? I'm a bit sensitive on this subject, as I bought our leased car this year and it was a nightmare to get the lessor's name taken off the car registration document (although a lot of hassle was caused by Covid-19). As there were no repairs, I regret not having bought it outright at the time, it would have worked out much cheaper....
HTH, although things might be different in Spain....
Old Sep 4th 2020, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Great info! thanks!!
Old Sep 4th 2020, 3:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you are a resident, expect to be asked for a copy of your padrón, last year’s Spanish tax declaration and possibly official details of the actual income declared ie. pension statements etc.