Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Julian Assange.

Julian Assange.

Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:11 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Julian Assange.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
What evidence have you of the US govt as a whole is applying political pressure to Sweden and the UK?

The notion of Ecuador as a democratic country concerned with the upholding of human rights is about as farcical as its possible to be.

Surely its obvious to anyone with half a brain that Ecuador is simply using Assange as a pawn to try and regain some politicalcredibility.

What evidence is there that the US is seriously interested in extraditing him apart from a single remark by one senator ?

Sweden does NOT allow extradition to a country for a case which could result in the death penalty !

Anyone who thinks they'll make an exception for this sad specimen of humanity doesn't know a damned thing about Sweden.

You seem to be lapping up every ridiculous sob story and ficticious excuse this pathetic creature comes out with.
None so blind as those who cannot see?
From the Guardian
The evidence that the US seeks to prosecute and extradite Assange is substantial. There is no question that the Obama justice department has convened an active grand jury to investigate whether WikiLeaks violated the draconian Espionage Act of 1917. Key senators from President Obama's party, including Senate intelligence committee chairwoman Dianne Feinstein, have publicly called for his prosecution under that statute. A leaked email from the security firm Stratfor – hardly a dispositive source, but still probative – indicated that a sealed indictment has already been obtained against him. Prominent American figures in both parties have demanded Assange's lifelong imprisonment, called him a terrorist, and even advocated his assassination.
As I said, I am not defending JA. He is just one of many individuals who have been persecuted by the USA government agencies.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Lets face it, he has pissed off the Yanks big time by publicly airing their internal corruption and cover ups....So, consequently they are after him by whatever means and he will play the game with all his cards for as far as he can go to avoid being banged up in solitary learning how to water board!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Beast
Lets face it, he has pissed off the Yanks big time by publicly airing their internal corruption and cover ups....So, consequently they are after him by whatever means and he will play the game with all his cards for as far as he can go to avoid being banged up in solitary learning how to water board!
What if he actually raped those girls?
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:09 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
The evidence seems pretty thin.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
The evidence seems pretty thin.
Have you seen it? The girls lodged a complaint the very next day, respectively. I'm not saying either way but if he is guilty of doing it, this will put back the "cause" of getting women to come forward by years. If it was me, I'd want to clear my name but in all fairness, Assange isn't normal, his mum is even less so and she pulls the strings!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

The Swedish principle prosecutor has stated that he is not guilty of rape....

''A Stockholm prosecutor issued the arrest warrant on Friday, saying Assange was suspected of rape and molestation in two separate cases. But chief prosecutor Eva Finne withdrew the warrant within 24 hours.

"I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," Finne said in a brief statement.

Karin Rosander, a spokeswoman for the Swedish Prosecution Authority, said Assange remains suspected of molestation, a less serious charge that would not lead to an arrest warrant.''

If the man is guilty of whatever charges he should face them in the country of source with the guarantee of not being shipped to America to become a neighbour of Bradley Manning.....
This will run and run as JA has a font of info that could tear down the walls of Washington
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:21 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

None so blind as those who cannot see?
From the Guardian

As I said, I am not defending JA. He is just one of many individuals who have been persecuted by the USA government agencies.
How on earth can you claim they've persecuted him ?
They haven't even got close to him in any way yet.

I take most of the Guardian lefty nonsense with a pinch of salt and in any event there is nothing concrete there to say for sure they will even attempt to extradite him.
They are entitled to have their own investigation into what occurred but as yet there is no evidence of any persecution or genuine attempts to seriously pressurise any othe country.

In any event as I stated Sweden could not extradite him to face any charges that could result in the death penalty so it most likely all a storm in a tea cup.

My bet is that all he has to worry about are the charges regarding sexual offences.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:25 pm
Straw Man.

The Swedish principle prosecutor has stated that he is not guilty of rape....

''A Stockholm prosecutor issued the arrest warrant on Friday, saying Assange was suspected of rape and molestation in two separate cases. But chief prosecutor Eva Finne withdrew the warrant within 24 hours.

"I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape," Finne said in a brief statement.

Karin Rosander, a spokeswoman for the Swedish Prosecution Authority, said Assange remains suspected of molestation, a less serious charge that would not lead to an arrest warrant.''
[B][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If the man is guilty of whatever charges he should face them in the country of source with the guarantee of not being shipped to America to become a neighbour of Bradley Manning.....
This will run and run as JA has a font of info that could tear down the walls of Washington
I agree, and that is my problem with this whole case. I personally think the guy is a creepy weasel, many who have worked with him have told of the temper tantrums and blind rages he gets in. The guys not right in any way but to ship him to America because he has embarrassed them? Not sure that sits right with me.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 5:28 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

This will run and run as JA has a font of info that could tear down the walls of Washington[/FONT][/B]
So what evidence do you have to back that claim ???

I haven't seen anything to say they consider him as anything more than unimportant small fry in the greater scheme of things.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:16 pm
Started off with nothing

Have you seen it? The girls lodged a complaint the very next day, respectively. I'm not saying either way but if he is guilty of doing it, this will put back the "cause" of getting women to come forward by years. If it was me, I'd want to clear my name but in all fairness, Assange isn't normal, his mum is even less so and she pulls the strings!
Hey I am not defending JA. I would like to see him stand trial but the case against him does seem a little thin.

The evidence is out there if one can keep an open mind>
The Mail on Sunday managed to obtain copies of the women’s police statements, which were made available to the media in Sweden. These were heavily edited by the police.

100 pages of interview transcipts were later posted on the web
“Miss A.”, told police that her consensual encounter with Assange became violent when Assange pinned her to the bed as she attempted to reach for a condom. He then allegedly released her and agreed to wear the condom, but did something to it that caused it to rip, and continued to have sex.
Miss W., also initially had consensual relations with Assange using a condom. But later, as they shared a bed, Assange allegedly began having sex with her while she was asleep — the basis of the rape allegation.
Is that rape? Mr Assange certainly appears promiscuous, but there's nothing illegal about that. He did have sex with the two women, but it appears it was consensual - until they found out about each other.

Woman A's accusation is she consented to protected sex, but he deliberately split the condom before intercourse. It may be despicable, but is that rape.

Woman B's accusation of rape is ludicrous. Woman gets raped, goes out to buy rapist breakfast, buys him a trainticket and sees him off, asks if he will call her.

The women did not go to the police until after they had talked with each other and found out they had both had sex with Mr Assange.

It gets better, in this article from Crikey where the women are named, 'Woman A' is Ardin and 'Woman B' is Wilén.
In the case of Ardin it is clear that she has thrown a party in Assange’s honour at her flat after the “crime” and tweeted to her followers that she is with the “the world’s coolest smartest people, it’s amazing!”. Go on the internet and see for yourself. That Ardin has sought unsuccessfully to delete these exculpatory tweets from the public record should be a matter of grave concern. That she has published on the internet a guide on how to get revenge on cheating boyfriends ever graver.
Woman gets raped, then throws party in rapists' honour. Come on, is she a credible witness?

While the spotlight is on Julian Assange and the decision of the Ecuadorean government, let us not forget Bradley Manning the former US soldier accused of leaking government material to Wikileaks. He has been detained without trial for over 800 days.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:24 pm
Started off with nothing

Conspiracy or a cover up ............ who knows.

Revealed: Assange ‘rape’ accuser linked to notorious CIA operative
One of the women accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of sex crimes appears to have worked with a group that has connections to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Source: rawstory.com

Last edited by missile; Aug 17th 2012 at 6:27 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

You can't judge a person by how he looks, and I won't add to that, but the whole question of diplomatic immunity and related laws covering the whole world seem to be endangered by one man, not a UK citizen, cowering in the embassy of an undemocratic country hardly known to the civilised world.

Sweden is a civilised, democratic country and they've made their case throughout the legal system of another civilised country, and I feel that we should stick with the law as it stands. If he leaves the embassy, he should be arrested and sent to Sweden, as decided by the highest courts in our land.

This process has nothing whatsoever to do with the US, a red herring pervading the entire argument.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:23 pm
Straw Man.

Conspiracy or a cover up ............ who knows.
I would seriously question both sources.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:10 pm
On the road again.

The fact he has been granted political asylum is totally irrelevant under the present circumstances.

He only has a choice of two very simple options.

1, Stay in the embassy until his dying days, or
2, Come outside,get his collar felt and banged off to Sweden.

I imagine Washington will be laughing their heads off, seeing him getting his come uppance without them even raising a finger.

He's cowering in there like a rat in sewerage pipe with the only exit guarded by an eager pack of Jack Russells.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The Brits, in a similar situation with Pinochet, who certainly raped, f**ked and shot practically everyone he met, didn't seem to want their guest to be interrogated in Spain for !!crimes against humanity!! so, why is Assange more dangerous than Pinochet? Is he a serial rapist? Won't the Swedes come and have a chat with him in London (or don't they trust the British judicial system?)? Would the Americans care to deny that they want to extradite and possibly even execute Assange (a foreign citizen)?
Would we, the People, rather NOT know what our liege-lords and masters are doing? Keep the news white-bread and thank Goodness for 'The Sun' and the 'EWN' hey?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.