British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Journey time for the uk to spain, (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/journey-time-uk-spain-402971/)

the sun is shining Oct 18th 2006 7:29 pm

Journey time for the uk to spain,

Hi,
We are leaving on the 28th of jan 07, and we are thinking it will take about three days.
How long has it took some ppl?
We will be going down through france.

Cannister Oct 18th 2006 8:36 pm

Re: Journey time for the uk to spain,

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,
We are leaving on the 28th of jan 07, and we are thinking it will take about three days.

Should take less than that ! I did it many years ago in 1 day mind you it was a Ford Capri Ghia . and was pretty damn quick..

Hope this helps

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 18th 2006 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cannister
Should take less than that ! I did it many years ago in 1 day mind you it was a Ford Capri Ghia . and was pretty damn quick..

Hope this helps

Didnt have the rubettes on the tape did it by any chance?

rugbymatt Oct 18th 2006 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Didnt have the rubettes on the tape did it by any chance?

God your quick! You should have been a copper!

pwwm Oct 18th 2006 9:32 pm

Two days with an overnight stop, but then it will be January, might be bad weather.
pwwm

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 18th 2006 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
God your quick! You should have been a copper!

I know. Quick outa the blocks me.

In response to the OP....3 days would be a nice leisurely drive depending on where you are going from and to.

jae Oct 21st 2006 11:56 am

Hi there,
We drove in april 2005 and it took us 3 days, that was from the midlands(uk), to algeciras.
We set off early each morning and only drove until it started to get dark, obviously stopping every so often. It was a great journey, the roads are very good, as are the services and hotels.
We did get lost but only a couple of times, we followed a route planner from the internet. It was a good route but we found it easier to follow the map once we new the route.
Hope this helps, good luck!!!
Janie

Mercedes Oct 21st 2006 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,

Why not allow a few days to a week and stop and see some of the places etc along the way. I'm going to have to drive my car back from the UK so thought I may make a bit of tourist trip as well.

jae Oct 21st 2006 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Why not allow a few days to a week and stop and see some of the places etc along the way. I'm going to have to drive my car back from the UK so thought I may make a bit of tourist trip as well.

I totally agree!!!
That's what we intend to do next time we take this journey!

brisca Oct 29th 2006 7:52 pm

I'd have a good think and plan beforehand. We planned on stopping twice en route. I felt very uneasy sleeping in the first hotel with all our precious things in the van outside, didnt sleep well at all. So much so I just slept in the van the 2nd night. Whats a couple of nights poor sleep? You have the rest of your life to catch up on it! If i was doing it again I'd go for rural b + b's that cant be seen from the road. Better still ask them if you can park in their garage. Maybe I'm just un trusting and over cautious but I definitely wouldn't sightsee on the way! Anyway good luck!

Miss Naughty Oct 29th 2006 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by brisca
I'd have a good think and plan beforehand. We planned on stopping twice en route. I felt very uneasy sleeping in the first hotel with all our precious things in the van outside, didnt sleep well at all. So much so I just slept in the van the 2nd night. Whats a couple of nights poor sleep? You have the rest of your life to catch up on it! If i was doing it again I'd go for rural b + b's that cant be seen from the road. Better still ask them if you can park in their garage. Maybe I'm just un trusting and over cautious but I definitely wouldn't sightsee on the way! Anyway good luck!

Hi,
I am travelling in Jan and i am a little worried over leaving my personal possessions in the car and trailer :scared:

robbs Oct 30th 2006 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
I am travelling in Jan and i am a little worried over leaving my personal possessions in the car and trailer :scared:

We travelled the long way round from Calais to Perpignon and then to Barcelona and onto Coin it took us 4 nights although we took it in turns with the driving, all the places we stayed had garaging to keep our car and valuables safe, from 2 star hotels to 4 star just ask it will cost only a few euros more per night but worth it