Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

journey from Santander to Chiclana

journey from Santander to Chiclana

Old Oct 4th 2006, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

GB2CADIZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile journey from Santander to Chiclana

Has anyone made the journey from plymouth to santander and on to Chiclana with car?
My parents are on their way at end of October for winter can anyone give a rough idea of how long a journey it is?
(they'll probably have divorced by the time they reach Chiclana!)

Last edited by GB2CADIZ; Oct 4th 2006 at 4:51 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Barrosa Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: journey from Santander to Chiclana

Originally Posted by GB2CADIZ
Has anyone made the journey from plymouth to santander and on to Chiclana with car?
My parents are on their way at end of October for winter can anyone give a rough idea of how long a journey it is?
Hi, we did he trip, tell them to get a cabin coming over so they can get some sleep. We were going to break up the trip and stay overnight, but once we got going decided to just keep on driving. The road were great and it was an easy drive, however it is a long drive, so the may decide to break it up and stay somewhere overnight. I would have to pull out the map if you need to know the route, so pm me if you want me to look it up for you. Just a word of caution though, we got robbed in Madrid, we were pulled over by what we thought were Police and in a matter of about 3 minutes they took our money and disappeared into the traffic. So if someone tries to flag them down, tell them to keep on driving, look like you are calling someone on their Mobile and hopefully they will leave you alone. Hope they have a good trip
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

We have done it and it is worth getting an outside double berth cabin. Doesn´t cost much more and for the comfort it is worth every penny, especially as it can be a rough trip. It is also worth staying overnight but apart from that it is a spectacular journey and very enjoyable.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:09 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GB2CADIZ
We are over next week, and I know our expat neighbours who are coming over to live in Chiclana permanently were driving down last week. They were planning to do it non stop in about 12 hours, two people driving, but will let you know how they got on when I return. Spanish roadsbeing so good I am sure it is feasible. Scandinavian friends drove over to us last October from Alicante in about 4 hours in a Ford Focus....
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

It took me & my M8 about 8hrs continuous driving
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poollounger
We are over next week, and I know our expat neighbours who are coming over to live in Chiclana permanently were driving down last week. They were planning to do it non stop in about 12 hours, two people driving, but will let you know how they got on when I return. Spanish roadsbeing so good I am sure it is feasible. Scandinavian friends drove over to us last October from Alicante in about 4 hours in a Ford Focus....
Hi poolounger I would be interested to know of their route from Alicante, we are travelling to Murica in two weeks and previously it has taken nearly 7 hours, obviously we have taken the wrong route, Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:36 am

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Agnes
Hi poolounger I would be interested to know of their route from Alicante, we are travelling to Murica in two weeks and previously it has taken nearly 7 hours, obviously we have taken the wrong route, Thanks
I will try to find out......I believe they took the inland route rather than following the coast.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
IT MAY BE FEASIBLE BUT WHY KILL YOURSELF AND NOT ENJOY THE SCENERY.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Too true, good advice glynis.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Too true, good advice glynis.
Well that's what I would do but I think they are keen to get out there and settle down.. different perspective when you are already living out there....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glynis
IT MAY BE FEASIBLE BUT WHY KILL YOURSELF AND NOT ENJOY THE SCENERY.
I agree totally. A little birdie told me that it is your birthday today. If so Happy Birthday, and have a good one.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I agree totally. A little birdie told me that it is your birthday today. If so Happy Birthday, and have a good one.
So who is the birdie ´cos I´ll set my cat on him/her? :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glynis
So who is the birdie ´cos I´ll set my cat on him/her? :scared:
mycadiz.biz on the info page lists birthdays. Hope that you are having a good one
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mycadiz.biz on the info page lists birthdays. Hope that you are having a good one
Yes, although I had to make my own tea this morning!! Going out tonight but have complained that it would be nice to be suprised!!!