Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

jobs for gas fitters in spain????

jobs for gas fitters in spain????

Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

leec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs for gas fitters in spain????

Hello everybody,

My wife and myself are seriously considering moving to spain but i am unsure of the job prospects for gas fitters/service engineers in spain.
if anybody has any info on agencies or companies who may take on gas personel we would be very interested to here from you
I am aware that a company called gas natural is the main supplier of narural gas in spain, and that outside of that it is all bottled gas.
I wondered whether new builds may need engineers, or hotels/restauants etc.. may need appliances seviced/fitted??

Thank you for your help in advance.

regards.

Leec.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough
Default Re: jobs for gas fitters in spain????

Hello leec.

Gas installations in spain are carried out by plumbers, who also issue "Boletines" and certificates of installation.

There is always a healthy demand for qualified plumbers that can issue paperwork.

With regards to natural gas, that is still limited to the big cities, most of your work will come from bottled gas installations.

good luck

David
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

leec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello David,

Thankyou for your reply,

What do they consider to be a 'qualified' plumber in spain, would my gas qualifications counted as an equivalent qualification.
do you know of any companies or agencies who would employ me?
What qualifications do you need to issue installation certificates?

What is a 'boletine' ?

Thankyou again for your reply, hope to hear from you again.

regards.

Lee.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 9:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

A boletine is similar to a Corgi certificate in the UK.
I dont think they have corgi registration here, but there must be some Spanish equivilent, but I would imagine you would need to be fluent in Spanish to get it and also need the relevent business licences etc.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

David will become famous soon enoughDavid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by leec
Hello David,

Thankyou for your reply,

What do they consider to be a 'qualified' plumber in spain, would my gas qualifications counted as an equivalent qualification.
do you know of any companies or agencies who would employ me?
What qualifications do you need to issue installation certificates?

What is a 'boletine' ?

Thankyou again for your reply, hope to hear from you again.

regards.

Lee.
Hello Lee,

A qualified plumber in Spain holds a 'Carnet de instalador autorizado' This is a certificate that is issued by a competent authority, this could be college, Formacion Profesional, or possibly distance learning. The level of Spanish you require would be more than the basic conversational Spanish.

Another option is to offer to work alongside a registered plumber as a mate and learn the techniques and language used before putting yourself forward for your certificate.

With regards to the Boletin. In Spain before an installation electrical or plumbing can be registered with the electricity or water board a Boletin must be issued by an authorised tradesman. This certifies that the installation meets minimum requirements and is safe for use. All new houses must have Boletines before either electricity or water can be connected to them, and a licence of First Occupation issued. In some areas Boletines are required even when a change of ownership occurs.

All the best

David