Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jobs during winter in Spain

Jobs during winter in Spain

Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:27 am
Just Joined

AmyCanterdale95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Jobs during winter in Spain

Hi, my family and I are moving to the Malaga area in summer 2019 and I am trying to see what jobs are available in the winter as I know during the summer months I will be ok for work. I am a senior care assistant, I can also be a waitress and I have worked in retail too. My Spanish is pretty basic also. If anyone has any information that would be great. Thankyou
Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs during winter in Spain

Originally Posted by AmyCanterdale95
Hi, my family and I are moving to the Malaga area in summer 2019 and I am trying to see what jobs are available in the winter as I know during the summer months I will be ok for work. I am a senior care assistant, I can also be a waitress and I have worked in retail too. My Spanish is pretty basic also. If anyone has any information that would be great. Thankyou
Hi, can you specify who "my family" is and whether some one else is the main bread-winner?
The local folk will be able to advise better than me, but if you're the only one working anywhere, your income from the unskilled work you mentioned would IMO be insufficient if you have a spouse and dependents in tow. Meanwhile you've got time to get your level of Spanish high enough to compete with job-seeking Spaniards when you arrive. For more stable employment, check whether you'd need to pass a language exam in your line of work and whether your UK qualifications can be validated in Spain.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 9:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, can you specify who "my family" is and whether some one else is the main bread-winner?
The local folk will be able to advise better than me, but if you're the only one working anywhere, your income from the unskilled work you mentioned would IMO be insufficient if you have a spouse and dependents in tow. Meanwhile you've got time to get your level of Spanish high enough to compete with job-seeking Spaniards when you arrive. For more stable employment, check whether you'd need to pass a language exam in your line of work and whether your UK qualifications can be validated in Spain.
and, we keep saying this but 2019 is probably the worst time to be moving to another EU country as no-one, not even the politicians in any of the countries know what effect Brexit will have, if ti does have any.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Amy, what summer work do you have lined up?
Old Jun 18th 2018, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the upturn in Spain finding work is still very difficult, especially for newcomers. I would think very carefully about making this move and don't burn any bridges.