Jobs for boys?

Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Linka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs for boys?

Hi, My family and I love in Moriara on the Costa Blanca and have done for the last couple of years. My Son Joe who is 17 is an A level student at the Lady Elizabeth School in Jalon.
He needs to get a part time weekend job. Does anyone know of anything in our area or places worth trying. He worked at a Painter in the summer holidays.
Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thank you .

Linka
Old Oct 14th 2008, 3:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs for boys?

Originally Posted by Linka
Hi, My family and I love in Moriara on the Costa Blanca and have done for the last couple of years. My Son Joe who is 17 is an A level student at the Lady Elizabeth School in Jalon.
He needs to get a part time weekend job. Does anyone know of anything in our area or places worth trying. He worked at a Painter in the summer holidays.
Any help would be very gratefully received.

Thank you .

Linka
most english teenagers I know seem to end up at scallops for holiday/weekend jobs

I've seen quite a few ads in shop windows in Javea in the past couple of weeks for dependientes
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, what a swift reply. Maybe Scallops is the way forward.

Linka
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, what a swift reply. Maybe Scallops is the way forward.

Linka
he should just try going around all the shops etc - not a great time of year tho tbh

how's his spanish?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

His Spanish is not bad, He got a B in his GCSE. It would be great if he had the chance to speak it. Iceland were looking last week but we didn't see the advert and they have closed the applications now. I think we are going to try Monroes Carvery as they are always busy. It is a silly time of the year to be trying though. I just thinkat 17 its important that he learns that money doesn't just drop from the sky!!

So How long have you bee here in Spain? Where abouts are you?

Linka
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

His Spanish is not bad, He got a B in his GCSE. It would be great if he had the chance to speak it. Iceland were looking last week but we didn't see the advert and they have closed the applications now. I think we are going to try Monroes Carvery as they are always busy. It is a silly time of the year to be trying though. I just thinkat 17 its important that he learns that money doesn't just drop from the sky!!

So How long have you bee here in Spain? Where abouts are you?

Linka
we're in Javea - we've been here 5 years

my 12 (nearly 13 as she keeps reminding me!) year old dd can't wait to be old enough to get a job - but I'm not sure what the law says

she wants to save up for one of those cars you can have on a scooter licence - they're not cheap, so it will take quite a while!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Well she has plenty of time if she is only twelve! I wish my boys were as keen. Thats boys for you!