Reload this Page >

Jobs in Alicante

Jobs in Alicante

Old Nov 19th 2014, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

alicante2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs in Alicante

Hello,

I recently moved to Alicante and am now looking for work. I speak some Spanish but am no where near fluent enough to sit through an interview or to use it in a business context. So I am looking for international companies that recruit English speakers (project management / administration) / academies (I have experience teaching TEFL).

My problem is that I do not know where to start! I have been told that it's who you know which is difficult as I am new to the city. Are they recruitment agencies/newspapers?

Any advice or recommendations on how to go about finding work in Span or even suggestions of companies to contact would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Many thanks in advance.

alicante2014
Old Nov 20th 2014, 12:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in Alicante

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 20th 2014, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alicante2014
Hello,

I recently moved to Alicante and am now looking for work. I speak some Spanish but am no where near fluent enough to sit through an interview or to use it in a business context. So I am looking for international companies that recruit English speakers (project management / administration) / academies (I have experience teaching TEFL).

My problem is that I do not know where to start! I have been told that it's who you know which is difficult as I am new to the city. Are they recruitment agencies/newspapers?

Any advice or recommendations on how to go about finding work in Span or even suggestions of companies to contact would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Many thanks in advance.

alicante2014
I'd suggest any of the companies broadcasting on Spanish TV,all you'll need to be able to do is take DVD's out of box sets and place them in a machine in the correct date order.They must have positions open as they have nobody working there at the moment who can manage it!
Old Nov 20th 2014, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

blueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the rough

Bearing in mind the unemployment situation for Spanish natives, your only choice is to use your TEFL experience. I taught English in Spain nearly 3 years ago and it seems that the crisis is advantageous for English teachers, there is a massive demand for TEFL to kids.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:43 pm
Relocationist

Wise Man is an unknown quantity at this point

try milanuncios.com. There you can find lots of offers for English teachers. These are direct inquiries by the employers so you will not depend on some stupid hiring company and be able to contact the employer directly. Thats how I got employed.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I found a part time teaching position through milanuncios.

alicante2014
Old Jan 12th 2015, 10:54 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Good news , please update us on how this pans out for you
Old Jan 25th 2015, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

The pay is poor, the hours are awful and the school director is very unorganised! Back to the drawing board!
Old Jan 25th 2015, 10:55 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps it will be easier to find a better job whilst you are in employment?
Old Jan 25th 2015, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

That is true! :-)
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

blueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the roughblueeyes is a jewel in the rough

Hi Alicante2014. I found my teaching job through TEFL.Com. It still has a good selection of jobs in Spain currently and for September. One of the downsides of EFL teaching in Spain, and in other parts of Europe, is that it is pot luck. You are working for a private organisation, sometimes run by a Director Owner who is under pressure to make a profit but also please parents paying a lot of money, so it can be very insecure. I hope you have better luck in your next post. BE.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi blueeyes,

Thank you very much for the tip, I will have a look now.

I have certainly encountered the pressured Director who sees the academy as a business and isn't too bothered about progress of students...!

Thanks again,

A2014
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 3:23 am
Just Joined

catalicante is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again,

I have been offered a new position so would like to hand in my notice for my current job. Does anybody know what the notice period Is in Spain? I'm on a part time ten hour fixed term contract. I am still waiting for the copy of my contract. I signed it but the had to get it stamped somewhere.

I am working as a TEFL teacher and have been at this school for three weeks.

Any information would be greatly appreciate.

Many thanks

a2014