British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Job information sharing on the forum? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/job-information-sharing-forum-684781/)

angiescarr Sep 10th 2010 6:07 am

Job information sharing on the forum?

Given 'la crisis' and the many struggling brits there are now on this forum, Shouldn't there be some kind of jobs board or jobs information swap permanently on the forum?
just an idea Mods.
BTW I'm not jobseeking but my husband is. And I've read loads of posts where people aren't sure how far they can go in offering their skills/asking for info about work in their areas.

lynnxa Sep 10th 2010 6:21 am

Re: Job information sharing on the forum?

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8838231)
Given 'la crisis' and the many struggling brits there are now on this forum, Shouldn't there be some kind of jobs board or jobs information swap permanently on the forum?
just an idea Mods.
BTW I'm not jobseeking but my husband is. And I've read loads of posts where people aren't sure how far they can go in offering their skills/asking for info about work in their areas.

like this you mean??

British Expats working abroad forum;)

angiescarr Sep 10th 2010 6:58 am

Originally Posted by lynnxa (Post 8838246)

Ahh Yes. Just like this. Thanks lynxxa.:thumbup: But maybe also something more relevant to Spain? Maybe a support network within the Spanish forum?

jdr Sep 10th 2010 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by angiescarr (Post 8838320)
Ahh Yes. Just like this. Thanks lynxxa.:thumbup: But maybe also something more relevant to Spain? Maybe a support network within the Spanish forum?

Too dangerous, I need a plumber, you recomend Bodge and Scarper, I get crap job and ripped off or my furniture etc removed and all hell breaks loose.
After all it is only contact by cyberspace mainly, anybody could be anybody till you actually meet them.
I don`t think Mr I B would be too happy either having his site put into possible problems.
You could always set a site up yourself. ;);)

angiescarr Sep 10th 2010 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8838902)
Too dangerous, I need a plumber, you recomend Bodge and Scarper, I get crap job and ripped off or my furniture etc removed and all hell breaks loose.
After all it is only contact by cyberspace mainly, anybody could be anybody till you actually meet them.
I don`t think Mr I B would be too happy either having his site put into possible problems.

I'm talking about *employment* though. Not 'mr Bodge' the plumber (sorry plumbers out there, I don't really mean to pick on you). Employers, proper interviews..... you know the kind of thing.

Fred James Sep 10th 2010 5:56 pm

As Lynxxa has pointed out, there are specific sections in the British Expats discussion groups designed to cater for this so please feel free to use them..

jackytoo Sep 10th 2010 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 8838902)

Good thinking:thumbup: