Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Joanna Lumley Hunting Dog Campaign

Joanna Lumley Hunting Dog Campaign

Old May 7th 2016, 9:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joanna Lumley Hunting Dog Campaign

Joanna Lumley demands end to Spain's hunting dog cruelty - The Local

I hope she helps to make a difference.

"The British actress has joined a campaign demanding that Spain put a stop to the barbaric cruelty suffered by its hunting dogs."

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; May 7th 2016 at 9:45 pm.
Old May 10th 2016, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joanna Lumley Hunting Dog Campaign

Good luck there then! She can shout what she wants from her comfy London pad, but what the Spaniards think and take notice of is entirely up to them.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liana12433
Good luck there then! She can shout what she wants from her comfy London pad, but what the Spaniards think and take notice of is entirely up to them.
Especially given that nobody in Spain knows who she is

Stop the news, some foreign actress has said something!
Old May 11th 2016, 9:48 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Especially given that nobody in Spain knows who she is

Stop the news, some foreign actress has said something!
Very well known and very popular lady Worldwide from many films which have enjoyed global success and acclaim over the past forty years incl such as James Bond films and also very famous in Theatre.

Very well thought of and highly respected for using her popularity to very good effect in helping genuine good causes with great success.

I have little doubt that the vast majority of Spaniards will at some time or other have watched her films and will more than likely recognise her.
Old May 11th 2016, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I have little doubt that the vast majority of Spaniards will at some time or other have watched her films and will more than likely recognise her.
My wife is a big cinema fan and has never heard of her. And she lived in the UK for 6 years!

She isnt exactly a big star. Most British people know her because of UK TV programmes that arent shown in Spain

This is an example of British people living in an expat bubble
Old May 11th 2016, 11:37 am
On the road again.

Judging from your previous posts I would suggest it's more likely a case of your wife having hid herself in a bubble in the UK.

To get back to the topic do you not think it's shocking the sort of lives and deaths many of these poor hunting dogs have to endure.

Maybe you also live in a bubble if you haven't come across similar starving neglected ill treated animals that I have myself.
Old May 11th 2016, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

She's joined the campaign not running it. Good luck to all involved.
Old May 11th 2016, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point

She needs to concentrate on animal abuse in the UK. Spain is a country steeped in traditions and some of them do not conform with what other people think. There are plenty of stories of cats, dogs and horses in the UK. It does not matter if she was in a few things, poke your nose in a country where it is not wanted expect to get it chewed. For the record |I work with livestock here in Spain and my company takes animal welfare very seriously.
If certain things in a country offend you there is an easy answer.........
Old May 11th 2016, 5:36 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Liana12433
She needs to concentrate on animal abuse in the UK. Spain is a country steeped in traditions and some of them do not conform with what other people think. There are plenty of stories of cats, dogs and horses in the UK. It does not matter if she was in a few things, poke your nose in a country where it is not wanted expect to get it chewed. For the record |I work with livestock here in Spain and my company takes animal welfare very seriously.
If certain things in a country offend you there is an easy answer.........
As with many of these organisations this is actually a joint concern involving Spanish people also who are very concerned about the tragic lives of hunting dogs.