Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:25 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by dunmovin
As the saying goes "'lest we forget" the rule of law is "innocent, until proven guilty" and tabloid press is probably only a step or two above rat droppings.

Savile may or may not have been guilty, but until someone comes forward with solid proof he was guilty, we must presume he was innocent....

After all, is that not what you would want, if YOU were the one accused of a crime?
Theres also that other saying, "theres no smoke without fire", but guilty or not, he was in a difficult environment. I guess what I'm saying is that I dont believe that he was guilty in all cases. An opportunist maybe, but from what I can see, there is a fair bit of "jumping on the band wagon" and in alot of the cases it wasnt clear cut rape or abuse. IMO The gutter press and indeed some of the alleged victims are exaggerating!

Actually I'm also sick of reading about it - every morning theres a yet another horror revealed

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dunmovin
As the saying goes "'lest we forget" the rule of law is "innocent, until proven guilty" and tabloid press is probably only a step or two above rat droppings.

Savile may or may not have been guilty, but until someone comes forward with solid proof he was guilty, we must presume he was innocent....

After all, is that not what you would want, if YOU were the one accused of a crime?
At last a ----- non vigilante" ------ ther are too many people on this thread that would hang a man just on say-so.

Too many on here belive that a person is guilty simply because the gutterpress and media imply such things. What Saville, or any "star" come to that, has done is only hearsay UNTIL PROVEN IN A COURT OF LAW. Then and only then should the hounds bay for his /her blood.

Jojojojojo, hit the nail right on the head, I well remember, as a lad girls in my school bragging , and implying what went on when attending a "gig", whether it did or not is another matter entirely.

And why is it that most of those that saying these young girls are defenless innocents against a man , and in the next breath say , all these young things are very mature and all knowing when one of them appears in public as a strumpet.

We are supposed to an intelligent enlightened society that firmly believes in the rule of law ---yeah right --- just remember that retired teacher hounded by the gutterpress and the media ----- AND WAS TOTALLY INNOCENT -- but then i dare you vigilantes will be muttering under your breath --- MMMmmmmm no smoke without fire ,
Old Oct 17th 2012, 7:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just interested in what proof people expect there to be.....
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:13 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm just interested in what proof people expect there to be.....
I guess the obvious would be pregnancies - no one has come along with a child who was fathered by Mr. Savile (well, one, but the DNA was negative). Maybe he was too clever and made sure that he........... well took precautions!!??

The media is having a field day with this and "no smoke without fire", but at the same time I think people are simply now saying anything they want and the media are exaggerating and printing it all - in the end there is no real proof as such, just hearsay and gossip. Is it fair to assume he's guilty of all of it - he's dead and cant comment??!!!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 8:59 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I guess the obvious would be pregnancies - no one has come along with a child who was fathered by Mr. Savile (well, one, but the DNA was negative). Maybe he was too clever and made sure that he........... well took precautions!!??

The media is having a field day with this and "no smoke without fire", but at the same time I think people are simply now saying anything they want and the media are exaggerating and printing it all - in the end there is no real proof as such, just hearsay and gossip. Is it fair to assume he's guilty of all of it - he's dead and cant comment??!!!

Jo xxx
You are assuming that penetrative abuse is the only form of abuse. What about if he forced girls to fondle him? Which, by the way he did...... how do we go about proving that?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

The "BURDEN OF PROOF" falls to the accuser and that is the law. Rumour and gossip,even with the aid of the jackals of the tabloids serve no truth.

If this was the case, anyone could accuse anyone else of some hideous deed and get them convicted.

Savile might have been a famous personality, be even his memory deserves the same right we all expect for ourselves. Which is to deemed innocent until proven guilty.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:57 pm
squeaky clean

You are assuming that penetrative abuse is the only form of abuse. What about if he forced girls to fondle him? Which, by the way he did...... how do we go about proving that?
Indeed - were they forced?? Did it really happen?? Who knows??! I guess corroborated statements and maybe photos??? But its very tenuous and I doubt all stories will be genuine - which makes it very unfair.

I doubt he is totally innocent, but at the same time, I question many of the new revelations. The media is like a runaway train with it! Like I say, I'm sick of the story now and think that, ok, take his knighthood away, take his superstar status away but then leave it. Theres no benefits from dragging it all out 30 odd years later.

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

There is one BBC manager who claims he walked into Jimmy Saviles dressing room and caught him in the act. I suppose that could be considered proof although its only his word against the deceased. Begs the question why he did nothing about it at the time, although there are also those who said they tried and got told to shut up.
What about all the nurses at Stoke Mandeville who claim they told the children to pretend to be asleep when Jimmy Savile visited? Must have had their reasons surely?
Hopefully the police will carry out a through investigation.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:00 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

So why did he hang out at the Jersey boys home.....
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Abuse is abuse. No one is looking foolish for coming forward after years of not being brave enough. They are building up the picture that abuse was rife in the BBC for years. Comments like yours is why there is still a problem of people coming forward and admitting someone abused them.
The trouble is that what some people are claiming as 'abuse' seems to be stretching the point a bit. If a colleague puts his hand on your arm, is that abuse? What about your bottom?
OK one claims that a 'fellow DJ' put his hands up her jumper while she was on air so she couldn't say anything about it. Maybe that was abuse? She was in her 20's at the time. Could she really have been so traumatised?
I agree its unpleasant behaviour but most adult women would be capable of handling it at the time. It's very hard to believe they were scarred for life by such behaviour.
In contrast fondling innocent young teenagers and pressurising them to perform sex acts is clearly abuse. To my mind not the same thing at all.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:07 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jackytoo
So why did he hang out at the Jersey boys home.....

I read that it was just a childrens home, not a boys only?? This is where the media is getting carried away. This is stuff that shouldnt be in the public domain cos of the rumours and sensationalising.

Like I say, I doubt he's totally innocent, but I'll be many of the kids were thrilled to be visited by a celebrity and maybe he felt that he was doing some good - or massaging his ego??? We dont know - thats the point. We are lead by what the gutter press want us to believe and this is "news"!!

I dont like this attitude that all of these 15/16yo girls were poor, innocent and naive. Er........... thats not my experience at all, having been a 14/15yo girl with friends of that age and having four daughters! But who knows??? Not the Sun newspaper reporters thats for sure

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:10 pm
Straw Man.

Indeed - were they forced?? Did it really happen?? Who knows??! I guess corroborated statements and maybe photos??? But its very tenuous and I doubt all stories will be genuine - which makes it very unfair.

I doubt he is totally innocent, but at the same time, I question many of the new revelations. The media is like a runaway train with it! Like I say, I'm sick of the story now and think that, ok, take his knighthood away, take his superstar status away but then leave it. Theres no benefits from dragging it all out 30 odd years later.

Jo xxx
Do you know anyone who has been molested? I'm only asking because I'd say that for them, the muddying of his name and the shame it will bring him is probably the very least they would expect.

Some police forces are now admitting that they received calls at the time and in many cases dropped any investigations. People have said that it was his connection to Maggie that made him invincible but lets not forget that she was not the only Politician and even Leader that he was close to.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:13 pm
Straw Man.

Since Bil can't be with us anymore I shall post this on his behalf......

"Did you see that after sending his gravestone to landfill, they tore out the roses planted there? So now there is just a small hole with no bush. It's what Jimmy would have wanted."
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:18 pm
squeaky clean

Do you know anyone who has been molested? I'm only asking because I'd say that for them, the muddying of his name and the shame it will bring him is probably the very least they would expect.
Ok, since you ask. When I was a child I had an uncle who, it was "known" amongst my female cousins "YOU NEVER SIT ON UNCLE TEDS LAP". I actually DID sit on his lap once and found out what they meant. I was about 11 and got off his lap again as soon as I could?? Hey, it was one of those things and certainly hasnt affected my life!!!! In fact I remember phoning one of my cousins and telling her what happened and we compared notes and had a laugh - "I told you so" she said! It was never really mentioned again.

My uncle is long since dead, I went to his funeral and thought nothing of it

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:22 pm
Straw Man.

Ok, since you ask. When I was a child I had an uncle who, it was "known" amongst my female cousins "YOU NEVER SIT ON UNCLE TEDS LAP". I actually DID sit on his lap once and found out what they meant. I was about 11 and got off his lap again as soon as I could?? Hey, it was one of those things and certainly hasnt affected my life!!!! In fact I remember phoning one of my cousins and telling her what happened and we compared notes and had a laugh - "I told you so" she said! It was never really mentioned again.

My uncle is long since dead, I went to his funeral and thought nothing of it

Jo xxx
Do you think thats as far as your uncle ever went? With other children I mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.