Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:52 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Sooty and Sweep,, have a lot to answer for..
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Abyss-Rover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Racist?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:55 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abyss-Rover
Racist?
More hands up bums, probably.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:12 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

They're victims.They were the ones with a hand up them.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:31 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

sung to the tune of Wild Rover (no Nay Never)

Sooty and Sweep they're both on the fiddle
And so is the fellow who sits in the middle
He's names Harry Corbett
The twisted old creep
He's got one hand up Sooty
And the other up Sweep
And it's no nay never....
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

It was Orville who always gave me the creeps.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Domino
Yes Rose, I remember those days well, affairs were rife, one night stands were part of life. I will admit that at times it was fun.
But the pendulum has swung the otherway.
All of a sudden the fluffy bunnies are running around proclaiming everything is wrong, building up on their racist, sexist, and any other "-ist" they can get their hands on.

one of the biggest jokes is they spend all day telling everyone they should be nicer to large families and coloured people. Then go back home to their suburban idyll, all white, professional husband and 2.5 children.

going OT - the harpie named Suzanne Moore they let on to R4's Today prog this morning appears to be the the arch enemy of men (but has 3 kids by 3 different fathers), and IM(male)O the worst possible advert for women in all directions.
A wolf in sheep's clothing.
I've never heard of her but there do seem to be a number of women in the media trying to cash in on the Savile scandal complaining of experiences that are by no means comparable with the targeting of underage kids. They are just making fools of themselves IMO.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
I've never heard of her but there do seem to be a number of women in the media trying to cash in on the Savile scandal complaining of experiences that are by no means comparable with the targeting of underage kids. They are just making fools of themselves IMO.
Abuse is abuse. No one is looking foolish for coming forward after years of not being brave enough. They are building up the picture that abuse was rife in the BBC for years. Comments like yours is why there is still a problem of people coming forward and admitting someone abused them.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

I agree abuse is abuse no matter what -----BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!! --------- to either "jump on the bandwagon" or to claim no-one would listen , and years later state they are still taumatised by the events which happened 30 /40 years ago is somewhat hard to be believed.

From what I have heard on T.V. and I can only go by that, none of the claiments looked as if they had suffered years of torment --angst ---whatever --- and if they had why didn't they persue the matter, I am sure the SUN or one of the other gutter press would have been only too happy to drag down a prominent figure.

But ---suddenly ---- there's talk of a payout, and out of the woodwork squirm all these traumatised people claiming they were abused.

Now as I said earlier --abuse is abuse and should be punished, --- BUT !!!!! --- I would suggest the abuse that was inflicted on those that was in no way encouraged, for example, those perhaps in hospital etc, but those youngsters that were willing to flaunt themselves at these "stars" must take some of the blame, whats the old saying --- never look a gift horse in the mouth --- Of course these "stars" should have known better --- of course they should all have the morals of a saint --- I mean , don't WE ALL live by that mantra --- yeah right.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:13 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
I agree abuse is abuse no matter what -----BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!! --------- to either "jump on the bandwagon" or to claim no-one would listen , and years later state they are still taumatised by the events which happened 30 /40 years ago is somewhat hard to be believed.

From what I have heard on T.V. and I can only go by that, none of the claiments looked as if they had suffered years of torment --angst ---whatever --- and if they had why didn't they persue the matter, I am sure the SUN or one of the other gutter press would have been only too happy to drag down a prominent figure.

But ---suddenly ---- there's talk of a payout, and out of the woodwork squirm all these traumatised people claiming they were abused.

Now as I said earlier --abuse is abuse and should be punished, --- BUT !!!!! --- I would suggest the abuse that was inflicted on those that was in no way encouraged, for example, those perhaps in hospital etc, but those youngsters that were willing to flaunt themselves at these "stars" must take some of the blame, whats the old saying --- never look a gift horse in the mouth --- Of course these "stars" should have known better --- of course they should all have the morals of a saint --- I mean , don't WE ALL live by that mantra --- yeah right.
Clearly, it's all ifs and BUTs!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I havent commented on this thread so far, but you can take this as you like

For anyone to suggest that these alleged molestations could be blamed in any way on the young people involved is terrible whatever the circumstance. It's like saying that a rape is OK, just because a woman went out in a very short skirt one night and encouraged rape.

How can anyone possibly tell what someone who has suffered years of torment looks like
Old Oct 17th 2012, 3:54 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

let me assure the readerr of this, one thing is for certain, the abuse etc that is going on within a five mile radius of where you live right now is far greater than that allegedly carried out by our so called celebrities,
Meantime I await with interest, evidence to substantiate this very far reaching allegation.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:07 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

For anyone to suggest that these alleged molestations could be blamed in any way on the young people involved is terrible whatever the circumstance. It's like saying that a rape is OK, just because a woman went out in a very short skirt one night and encouraged rape.

How can anyone possibly tell what someone who has suffered years of torment looks like

I'm not disagreeing as such, but I can assure you that when I was 14/15 I had a few friends who thought nothing of going to concerts and gigs and would happily plan and brag to "get" the lead singer (one girl I knew even claimed that the lead singer of a major pop band got her pregnant - it wasnt true, but nonetheless, she wasnt ashamed and certainly not raped). Not all teenage girls are delicate, innocent little flowers. Of course that doesnt account for all teenage girls, but lets not underestimate them all either!!!! Not all men are strong enough to resist the full force of a teenage girl dressed to the nines and able to seduce!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:56 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Hear hear Those ideas went out in the 70's....I hope!! Also lets not forget some were a lot younger than 15.

He was accused of rape before he was famous and ran a sleazy dance hall in Leeds. The Police dropped the case as they did about another 6 over a period of 30 years. They did "come out of the woodwork" but no one listened
Old Oct 17th 2012, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

As the saying goes "'lest we forget" the rule of law is "innocent, until proven guilty" and tabloid press is probably only a step or two above rat droppings.

Savile may or may not have been guilty, but until someone comes forward with solid proof he was guilty, we must presume he was innocent....

After all, is that not what you would want, if YOU were the one accused of a crime?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.