Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by HBG
We need to be careful not to overreact just because of one nonce who is now being exposed. And to blame it on the flower power 60s is off target.

When that period started the penalty for buggering a man was life imprisonment, and people were still being hanged. Great works of literature were banned, and people beat the hell out of their children because it was legal.

We have a much better and more educated society now, but a few nonces will always slip the net; we shouldn't sacrifice our freedom for them.
True but surely if the information/complaint is there against a person then it should be followed up in order that they do not slip the net. saville maybe dead and gone and so may some of the others, however it seems that some are still around. You even now have Savilles nephew backing up what has been said? The Genie would seem to be out of the bottle now andwont go back in so let it take it,s course.
There is a little girl missing presumed murdered by some weirdo that preys on little girls which is more tragic than any of this although it appears that it is more than likely now that one 15 year old killed herself because of they way she was abused by the likes of Saville and co. That was seemingly poorly investigated at the time. I say let the truth come out.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:19 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
True but surely if the information/complaint is there against a person then it should be followed up in order that they do not slip the net. saville maybe dead and gone and so may some of the others, however it seems that some are still around. You even now have Savilles nephew backing up what has been said? The Genie would seem to be out of the bottle now andwont go back in so let it take it,s course.
There is a little girl missing presumed murdered by some weirdo that preys on little girls which is more tragic than any of this although it appears that it is more than likely now that one 15 year old killed herself because of they way she was abused by the likes of Saville and co. That was seemingly poorly investigated at the time. I say let the truth come out.
I'm all for all those tragic cases to be investigated, and talking about the current Wales case, I believe there should be a way to by-pass the many daft rules that have sprung up over the years,

For those exceptional weirdos that prey on young kids, the police should be allowed to water-board the bastards until they are taken to where the child was abandoned.

The water-boarding doesn't have to be a sophisticated affair, holding the pedos head in the toilet bowl and flushing it was quite good enough in the past.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I'm all for all those tragic cases to be investigated, and talking about the current Wales case, I believe there should be a way to by-pass the many daft rules that have sprung up over the years,

For those exceptional weirdos that prey on young kids, the police should be allowed to water-board the bastards until they are taken to where the child was abandoned.

The water-boarding doesn't have to be a sophisticated affair, holding the pedos head in the toilet bowl and flushing it was quite good enough in the past.
Yes full agree
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:44 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I have read that he regularly took her for trips in his car/van. So he was known to the family and the child.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:52 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

oh dear, you will have all the Rights fluffy bunnies rushing round now

not wishing to disagree with you, perhaps if the police were all as straight as Dixon then that might be fine, but wasnt it a police sergeant who was having sex with women in the cells in Cambridge under suspicious conditions.?
Should he not be water boarded by his colleagues?

I believe we have gone soft on crime, when a man gets less prison time for murder or rape than a man who steals £5million or more from his own company then the thought is...........don't steal, but rape or murder isnt so bad.
crime against person always means less time than crime against property.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:11 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that at least one person was able to criticise the guy while he was still alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-Britain.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...t-brigade.html

Bods at the Beeb claim to be shocked by claims that Sir Jimmy Savile was a paedophile, but some of us (within the constraints of libel law) did say as much while he was alive.

I included him in a 2008 book, Fifty People Who Buggered Up Britain, hinting heavily that the man was a raging weirdo who should never have been allowed to present children’s TV shows. My editor was amazed we received no complaint from Savile. I did not share his surprise.

Sebastian Coe tells a story about a time when he and Savile were publicising a charity run. As the pair of them jogged around Regent’s Park, Savile gave folded pieces of paper to every girl they passed. He explained each piece of paper bore his telephone number. ‘On the law of averages, one in three of these girls will give me a call,’ he explained.

Savile was a palpable freak, almost a caricature fiddler. He was indulged by the BBC because, with his man-of-the-people airs, his long hair, horrible clothes and air of ‘yoof’, he satisfied the demands of the BBC’s egalitarianism. The children he seduced were victims of political dogma.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Domino
I believe we have gone soft on crime, when a man gets less prison time for murder or rape than a man who steals £5million or more from his own company then the thought is...........don't steal, but rape or murder isnt so bad.
crime against person always means less time than crime against property.
Dom yes when they did away with the death penalty I believe most people thought that life meant for life re a life sentence for murder and the likes. The only ones that that seems to have fit the bill with were Brady and Hindley and I certainly have no sympathy with them. But since then it has been gradualy watered down to the joke that we now have. I think you are though laying that wrongly at the door of the police. Most police I know would welcome life meaning life if not the death penalty, but they are just part of the Criminal Justice System. They are not responsible for sentencing merely putting the offender before the court with the best evidence they can to obtain a conviction. Sentencing is in the hands of the courts. Of course also we have the CPS as well to consider.

Other thing and it is not an excuse but we now have the Human Rights Act. Problem there is that anyonone sentenced must have a determined sentence given and I do not believe you can give a sentence of natural life because it is not a predetermined length of time. For me if you don't agree with a death penalty (I do by the way) then natural life would be appropriate. This is why the likes of the Yorkshire Ripper and I believe Brady are currently held under the Mental Health regulations and why there are lawyers trying to get them into the criminal justice system as being sane, they would then have to be given a sentence/minimum tariff.

Two other things firstly I accept your view on Police conduct and the fact that it is not acceptable, however what you describe does not come anywhere near the situation of little April's abduction and whatever or indeed Savilles abuse of minors. Although having read an article in MOS it seems that back in the early days he did befriend senior'ish cops as a means of defence. This would not surprise me back then but I can say that in todays police such abuses are not tolerated rightly so I do not like or ever wanted to work with bent cops. These days or certainly where I was they are found out investigated and sacked or prosecuted and rightly so.
Secondly anyone convicted of child abuse/murder etc how on earth can you say you have reabilitated them? They should be in prison for the rest of their life and if let out be under much closer scrutiny than they are now, even though things are better now than 10 years ago things still need to change.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I often watch these documentaries showing police in live action carrying out their duties.
They go through some diabolical situations quite often very risky and much of the time having to endure loads of abuse, all just to bring some scumbag to justice.
Having seen what's occurred I really despair at the sort of sentences or minor slap on the wrist handed out by the Courts, only for the same process to be repeated time and time again.

In addition the average cop has to spend 75% of his time dealing with paperwork and red tape simply to try and get the case to Court to begin with.
On top of that there is layer upon layer of police bureaucracy to deal with from so many above them who never even set foot out on the streets and are simply sitting there doing nothing other than covering their arses whist waiting for their pensions.

Whilst Cameron has had to cut their numbers to be hoped he can cut out some of the deadwood, streamline the system and maintain a good presence on the streets where it matters most.

I would also make it obligatory for judges and magistrates to spend at least three months of every year living on a Manchester council estate in the hope it would bring them to their senses.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Well Ive read all this before---we should do this --- we should do that --- life should mean life etc etc etc etc ---boringggggggggggg.

If you really want things to happen the way you think they should why not vote for a party such as the B.N.P. They are an idealalistic bunch that I daresay would agree with most of your wants.

The trouble is though, when a push becomes a shove, none of us have the guts to step out our "comfort zone" and vote in a party that just might adhere to your demands --bring back hanging --- life means life -- etc etc etc.

What has gone on, IF all the allegations are true is but a mere snowflake in a snowstorm when you compare the abuses the protestant -- catholic --- muslim --- faiths have bestowed upon their followers over time.

A lot of celebrity names are coming under the cosh at this moment in time, whether they are proven though is another matter, and let me assure the readerr of this, one thing is for certain, the abuse etc that is going on within a five mile radius of where you live right now is far greater than that allegedly carried out by our so called celebrities, but heyyy, that doesn't matter does it as they are neither celebrity status --or dead, so not newsworthy.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RichardP
Well Ive read all this before---we should do this --- we should do that --- life should mean life etc etc etc etc ---boringggggggggggg.

If you really want things to happen the way you think they should why not vote for a party such as the B.N.P. They are an idealalistic bunch that I daresay would agree with most of your wants.

The trouble is though, when a push becomes a shove, none of us have the guts to step out our "comfort zone" and vote in a party that just might adhere to your demands --bring back hanging --- life means life -- etc etc etc.

What has gone on, IF all the allegations are true is but a mere snowflake in a snowstorm when you compare the abuses the protestant -- catholic --- muslim --- faiths have bestowed upon their followers over time.

A lot of celebrity names are coming under the cosh at this moment in time, whether they are proven though is another matter, and let me assure the readerr of this, one thing is for certain, the abuse etc that is going on within a five mile radius of where you live right now is far greater than that allegedly carried out by our so called celebrities, but heyyy, that doesn't matter does it as they are neither celebrity status --or dead, so not newsworthy.
My reply is based on fact and only the latter part is based on my entitled opinion. What's yours based on other than stirring?
Old Oct 7th 2012, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mind seems they wont even let Brady die even when his time is up!!
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...t-back-1365329
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:18 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

My reply is based on fact and only the latter part is based on my entitled opinion. What's yours based on other than stirring?
For stirring read trolling.

Aren't there forum rules about this?
Old Oct 7th 2012, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato
For stirring read trolling.

Aren't there forum rules about this?
Yep sad really
Old Oct 7th 2012, 6:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
let me assure the readerr of this, one thing is for certain, the abuse etc that is going on within a five mile radius of where you live right now is far greater than that allegedly carried out by our so called celebrities,

Surely you can't be the same guy who was asking for proof about the Savile allegations ?

Having seen whats been presented here, some originating from the great man himself, you then do a complete U-turn and fling out wild allegations yourself, apparently TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED.

Now bearing in mind that many BE readers live out in the middle of nowhere with hardly any neighbours at all, I imagine that there could soon be some very angry Spanish shepherds around howling for your blood if they ever got wind of your mindless post.

Just like Savile, it seems you have been caught with your pants down.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:32 pm
On the road again.

Just watched this TV Doc filmed about a few typical days in the life of Savile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnvEdh3vAq8

I always looked on him as a bit of an oddball, but this film is truly an eye opener and was voted one of the best docs of all time, not without good reason.

Oddball certainly doesn't do him justice at all.
Even weird is a gross understatement, IMHO the guy was an absolute total nutter and suitable material for sectioning and I think most ppl.having seen this film will tend to agree.

Amazingly in view of his public profile, he does not appear to have ever had what could be called a true friend in the whole world, apart from possibly his Mother who died back in the early 70s.

He appears to have been arrogant in the extreme, very self centred despite his work and a total control freak with little or no trust in any other member of the human race.

He says he's never ever had a girl friend, not even for a single week, yet is keen to brag about "friends who were girls", for one night only.
His whole way of life in private appeared way beyond belief in so many different ways.

He repeatedly accused the Lois Theroux who interviewed him of being aggressive, which in my book he never was at all.
How the guy maintained a steady head and self control in the face of Savile obnoxious behaviour I shall never know.

Most of it demonstrated Saviles extremely weird way of life, but there were a few interesting words exchanged towards the end regarding paedophilia allegations.

Most definitely worth a viewing for anyone who hasnt seen it before and definitely food for thought when considered in context with recent events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.