Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Domino
when you look back at the old ToTP he is shown as "the man" and none of the girls he was always shown as being with, cuddling etc looked as if they were unhappy with his attention.
Not so, the exposure prog. showed film of a girl who looked distinctly uncomfortable with his excessive cuddling on stage in front of the cameras and she appeared in the prog to confirm it was the case.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Not so, the exposure prog. showed film of a girl who looked distinctly uncomfortable with his excessive cuddling on stage in front of the cameras and she appeared in the prog to confirm it was the case.
OK, I failed to include "those programs I have seen"

theres me, 17 in 1964, all this free love, Beatles, Hendrix, Carnaby Street et al and the RN fly me out to Singapore ! !
at the end of the 60's they send me to MOD in Whitehall, and its already winding down, many of the high profile shops closing down. But I do remember the Windmill Theatre and Paul Raymond increasing his grip on Soho, buying up all the local estates.

yes I remember the 60's but from the wrong end of the telescope
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:43 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
This is where you become puerile and silly, as I said before, when they are found guilty in a court of law,(except in Hitlers case) then all the abuse hurled at them is just and deserved. ( by the way Raoul Moat ?? i don't think HE ws a child molester)
You say that only those that have been tried and found guilty in a court of law deserve our ire. Therefore you think that Fred West and Raoul Moat don't.

Think it through and (if you can) work out where you're wrong
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:44 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I admit I couldn't stand the bloke, but never knew that he was suspected of having under-age sex. I also didn't know until quite recently, from a discussion on this very forum I seem to recall, that the age of consent in Spain is 13, the lowest in Europe. I remember being quite shocked at the time.

That recent abduction case where a schoolteacher took 15-year old girl to France also referred to their age of consent being lower than ours in England, and I know that in Scotland you can get married at 16 without parental consent.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

I have recieved an e-mail from an acquaintance who works in the newspaper business and he mentioned that this is just the tip of an erormous iceberg.....People like Freddie Starr and Cliff Richard could be dragged into the mire .....Also a few high profile politicians.....Perhaps the links I posted earlier were not just conspiracies????
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Beast
I have recieved an e-mail from an acquaintance who works in the newspaper business and he mentioned that this is just the tip of an erormous iceberg.....People like Freddie Starr and Cliff Richard could be dragged into the mire .....Also a few high profile politicians.....Perhaps the links I posted earlier were not just conspiracies????
Oh this is nothing, I spoke earlier that several high profile presenters of Top of the Pops are implicated. I'd be very surprised at Cliff, I cant stand the bloke and would rather have a cat eat my testicles while I watch than listen to anything he ever recorded but in the industry he has a pristine reputation.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Rapist and sexual abusers have, since the year dot, scared their victims, often to the point of suicide. Even today many many women and children, and indeed men, are terrified of coming forward and admitting they have been abused. They still believe, and rightly so considering some of the comments on this thread, that they either won't be believed or that it will be assumed that it was their fault, that they led the abuser on.

Think back 40/50 years, such attitudes were the accepted norm. Police/CPS rarely carried through on accusations. Families pretended such things never happened. The young girl who allegedly became pregnant after being raped by Savile was able to borrow the money from a grandmother for an illegal abortion. The family covered it up. The man the girl accused was a very famous, apparently untouchable 'god' almost. Who on earth would they tell? Who would believe them? It wouldn't just be the girl's name brought into disrepute, the whole family would be.

It would be brilliant if every person, of whatever age or gender, was able to come forward as soon as the abuse started and report it. Unfortunately, as long as there are those who immediately believe 'they were asking for it/encouraging it, this will never happen.

Savile was a sleazy, deeply unpleasant person (my opinion only since I was a child watching him on TOTP and shuddering because he repulsed me) who blackmailed people with the idea that if they came forward, all the money he raised for charity would be lost.

He doesn't care what happens now he's dead but these women who are now coming forward are able to do so simply because he is dead, they fear him no longer, they will never have to face him and they may simply want to get some closure, some acceptance that wrong was done, cannot be undone, but it will help them psychologically to finally shout out yes he did these things. They don't want money, they want freedom from their memories.
Good post, I agree with your view. I can see where some of the replies come from length of time taken to report etc, but this post sums it up, there was obvioulsy a massive cover up withing the BBC organisation. Janet Street Porter on Question Time last night explained that she was aware of the rumours around Saville and others, although not aware of the ages of the girls involved, here's a link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842188 . She was questioned by a female in the audience as to why she didn't do anything and she said that it was a waste of time as they all knew but did nothing and all you would be doing was putting your head above the parapet without resolving anything because it was just what they "BBC" accepted as the norm. She alo commented that she had been sexually abused at 10 yrs told her mother to be chastised for making up stories. It was a different era 60,s 70,s and even 80,s.

Whatever the age of consent is as an adult you know it he chose to prey on those under age he was responsible, some on here are doing exactly what prevents young women reporting such things, putting the blame onto them. No the blame lies with the adult not the child full stop.

Is it worth pursuing after all this time? off course it is firstly it should be known that he was a pervert a bully and not the nice but odd charity fund raiser. There are also others still alive apparently that could be prosecuted along with those that coluded with this behaviour within the BBC if not actually taken part. I am quite happy it is being looked into and hope that those still around that were involved get their just desserts and Saville is de Knighted and de MBE'd

There are also red herrings being put into the equation on here i.e. people married to much younger partners etc. If when they met they were under the age of consent and having sexual relationships then that is wrong if they met later say when the girl was 18 20 and had a relationship that lead to marriage so what. The thing is Saville Glitter and the others that are being rumoured were not 19 or 21 year olds that had unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (even the law in UK takes that into account), they were late 30 odds taking advanatage of often vulnerable and certainly impressionable young girls poss as young as 9 years, surely no one can condone such behaviour?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:57 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's said that Sir Jimmy used to spend Christmas Day at Chequers with Maggie and Sir Denis. With those type of connections, it must have been very hard for an (alleged) victim to make accusations.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:04 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
OK, I failed to include "those programs I have seen"

theres me, 17 in 1964, all this free love, Beatles, Hendrix, Carnaby Street et al and the RN fly me out to Singapore ! !
at the end of the 60's they send me to MOD in Whitehall, and its already winding down, many of the high profile shops closing down. But I do remember the Windmill Theatre and Paul Raymond increasing his grip on Soho, buying up all the local estates.

yes I remember the 60's but from the wrong end of the telescope
It was probably no coincidence that within a couple of years, the free love capital of the world had turned into the rape capital of the world and the dream had turned into a nightmare.

Good posts by Bob and MP by the way.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:28 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We need to be careful not to overreact just because of one nonce who is now being exposed. And to blame it on the flower power 60s is off target.

When that period started the penalty for buggering a man was life imprisonment, and people were still being hanged. Great works of literature were banned, and people beat the hell out of their children because it was legal.

We have a much better and more educated society now, but a few nonces will always slip the net; we shouldn't sacrifice our freedom for them.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 1:52 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

.....People like Freddie Starr and Cliff Richard could be dragged into the mire .....
Freddie has been denying it in the press after failing with an injunction. I wait with anticipation for the Cliff stories to surface.

It sounds like the BBC was acting like the Vatican
the allegations in this Newsnight story sound like the same ones in the recent doc
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eputation.html

Last edited by kimilseung; Oct 6th 2012 at 2:04 am.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
We need to be careful not to overreact just because of one nonce who is now being exposed. And to blame it on the flower power 60s is off target.

When that period started the penalty for buggering a man was life imprisonment, and people were still being hanged. Great works of literature were banned, and people beat the hell out of their children because it was legal.

We have a much better and more educated society now, but a few nonces will always slip the net; we shouldn't sacrifice our freedom for them.
Well said!
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:50 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

That is why the BBC dropped their own programme on him. They realised they were stirring up a hornets nest.

Got to be something dodgy about a bloke who claims to love kids so much he wants them on his knee. He made a profession out of liking kids and claiming to do so much work for charity when most of the time it was just photo shoots. Most of the stars who turn out for charity are given appearance money or massive "expenses". Other celebs who say they donate to charities don't if you scrutinize the accounts
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Another E-mail from my acquaintance....Hornets nest is not the word....lists of celebrities and politicians and cover-ups from top government and BBC.....Everyone trying to distant themselves....
Old Oct 6th 2012, 12:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That is why the BBC dropped their own programme on him. They realised they were stirring up a hornets nest.

Got to be something dodgy about a bloke who claims to love kids so much he wants them on his knee. He made a profession out of liking kids and claiming to do so much work for charity when most of the time it was just photo shoots. Most of the stars who turn out for charity are given appearance money or massive "expenses". Other celebs who say they donate to charities don't if you scrutinize the accounts
Did you ever hear the story about when people called him from the press? He used to answer with "It wasn't me, she told me she was 16"

How this had rumbled on for so long is an absolute shocker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.