Jimmy Savile

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
As he's dead and can't answer any charges the time limit is open.How most of this can be taken seriously is beyond me.
Ermm, I think Jim Davidson would be amazed to hear he is dead, as will the police who arrested him and took him to the police station..Not talking Jimmy Savile now, as is normal on BE, the thread has moved on.

Read the story here,

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comedian-ji...212841499.html
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:17 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Ermm, I think Jim Davidson would be amazed to hear he is dead,
Not as amazed as I am that he is referred to as a comedian.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Ermm, I think Jim Davidson would be amazed to hear he is dead, as will the police who arrested him and took him to the police station..Not talking Jimmy Savile now, as is normal on BE, the thread has moved on.

Read the story here,

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comedian-ji...212841499.html
One dead one alive the sentiment remains the same.I can imagine the police questioning Davidson.
Officer "Did you get girl A drunk and have sex with her in 1982?"
Davidson.Uh!.......
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:44 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

One dead one alive the sentiment remains the same.I can imagine the police questioning Davidson.
Officer "Did you get girl A drunk and have sex with her in 1982?"
Davidson.Uh!.......
more likely to have been he was drunk and can hardly remember 1982

but he could also respond with "there were several - which one ?"

although he had only been married to his second wife (of 5 sofar) for a year so could well have been a good boy. Although he has been "arrested" it is still down to proof and evidence and why is the matter being raised now after 30 years ??

`

Last edited by Domino; Jan 4th 2013 at 1:46 am.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
more likely to have been he was drunk and can hardly remember 1982

but he could also respond with "there were several - which one ?"

although he had only been married to his second wife (of 5 sofar) for a year so could well have been a good boy. Although he has been "arrested" it is still down to proof and evidence and why is the matter being raised now after 30 years ??

`
Basically becfause with the JS affair many of these girls/women are begining to that realiose that they will be taken seriously, in the days of the offences there was this belief that,'well he's a big star, no-one will ever believe me', which is possibly what they were told by the perpetrators.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically becfause with the JS affair many of these girls/women are begining to that realiose that they will be taken seriously, in the days of the offences there was this belief that,'well he's a big star, no-one will ever believe me', which is possibly what they were told by the perpetrators.
Good point,but will the (circumstantial) evidence stand up after all these years
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good point,but will the (circumstantial) evidence stand up after all these years
Good point, but the damage is done Dave.
As Jim Davidson already pulled out of Big Brother people will always think of this now when his name is mentioned, even if he is not guilty of anything. Max Clifford the same, but I think we can separate them from Saville and GG
Old Jan 4th 2013, 11:22 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

in this brave new world of apologising for past sins and being seen to do so it seems that it is also possible for someone to be alone with a member of the opposite sex, have sex, revel in the "street cred" this gives you with your friends, then decades later say it was rape.

Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:03 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there are always going to be people who make false claims and shame on them - but for those young people who are genuine I hope they get some justice so they can have closure to what they have been through x

On another note a bloke who used to work as an outreach worker in some schools in Rochdale was convicted of his sexual acts again children entrusted into his care about 8-10 years ago going back to the 70s and 80s - if they have done the crime then they should be brought to justice whoever they are - they have taken advantage of young and sometimes very vulnerable children - let them rot in hell - it's the least they deserve :-( xxxxx
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Unfortunately there are always going to be people who make false claims and shame on them - but for those young people who are genuine I hope they get some justice so they can have closure to what they have been through x

On another note a bloke who used to work as an outreach worker in some schools in Rochdale was convicted of his sexual acts again children entrusted into his care about 8-10 years ago going back to the 70s and 80s - if they have done the crime then they should be brought to justice whoever they are - they have taken advantage of young and sometimes very vulnerable children - let them rot in hell - it's the least they deserve :-( xxxxx

Sam, I don't disagree, but all I am trying to say is that many things that may have happened 30-40 years ago could be looked at differently under current legal interpretations.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, most of us I am sure will respect the work carried out to clear the names of those summarily executed during WW I for cowardice who were on the basis of current evidence shell shocked, still wounded, incapable of holding a rifle letalone taking on the enemy.

Times change, people change, people also remember things differently after many years of reflection. Sometimes it is for the good, sometimes for the bad.

x
Old Jan 6th 2013, 1:52 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Sam, I don't disagree, but all I am trying to say is that many things that may have happened 30-40 years ago could be looked at differently under current legal interpretations.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, most of us I am sure will respect the work carried out to clear the names of those summarily executed during WW I for cowardice who were on the basis of current evidence shell shocked, still wounded, incapable of holding a rifle letalone taking on the enemy.

Times change, people change, people also remember things differently after many years of reflection. Sometimes it is for the good, sometimes for the bad.

x

I agree D it's going to be extremely difficult to prove after so many years - but if nothing is done or it can't be proved then they get off scott free and the victims - well so what it's happened - it's in the past - pull yourself together and get over it - you're young enough to forget it happened - for the genuine victims something has to be done - they've gotten away with it for far too long - laughing their socks of no doubt - not caring or even thinking/bothered about the damage they have done - pity JS is dead coz that twat isn't gonna have to answer to any of his wrongs - but hopefully the rest of the guilty ones will x

Please don't think I'm having a dig at anyone with this post as I'm not - I just hate that this happened and is still happening in this day and age and how people will cover for them - its sickening and these animals need sorting - mind you if anyone touched any of my kids I'd love just 5 minutes with them on my own coz the ****ers wouldn't be able to touch or hurt anyone ever again xxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:04 am

I agree D it's going to be extremely difficult to prove after so many years - but if nothing is done or it can't be proved then they get off scott free and the victims - well so what it's happened - it's in the past - pull yourself together and get over it - you're young enough to forget it happened - for the genuine victims something has to be done - they've gotten away with it for far too long - laughing their socks of no doubt - not caring or even thinking/bothered about the damage they have done - pity JS is dead coz that twat isn't gonna have to answer to any of his wrongs - but hopefully the rest of the guilty ones will x

Please don't think I'm having a dig at anyone with this post as I'm not - I just hate that this happened and is still happening in this day and age and how people will cover for them - its sickening and these animals need sorting - mind you if anyone touched any of my kids I'd love just 5 minutes with them on my own coz the ****ers wouldn't be able to touch or hurt anyone ever again xxxxx
Sam, it isnt as if it was last week or last year - its things that happened in the 1960's and 70's and 80's. Thats 50, 40, 30 years ago.
There is no statue of limitations for murder, but groping or having sex ??
And who said it wasnt consensual at the time. Is everyone so shit scared of these "big celebs" that they have kept it tight all this time ?
Even by the different standards of Then vs Today someone would have raised a hue and cry. We appear to know now that some did over the original Saville affair but it was suppressed/ignored by the Police and Others.
So when are we going to see heads roll in police forces across the country - if any of them are still alive that is.
And we know the BBC seems to think so little of it.

`
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Dom just one point to give consent one needs to be of an age to give consent, of course there is a defence that you reasonably believed this to be the case. Many of these instances it would seem that the perpetrators clearly knew this not to be the case. It needs to be sorted out and closure one way or other, difficult to prove either way given time span. That would lead me to believe that before anyone is taking in re this matter there must be tangible evidence against them. Otherwise as has been said the public say they are guilty and they can't prove otherwise. As you say far better had been dealt with properly in the first place for all concerned.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:44 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam, it isnt as if it was last week or last year - its things that happened in the 1960's and 70's and 80's. Thats 50, 40, 30 years ago.
There is no statue of limitations for murder, but groping or having sex ??
And who said it wasnt consensual at the time. Is everyone so shit scared of these "big celebs" that they have kept it tight all this time ?
Even by the different standards of Then vs Today someone would have raised a hue and cry. We appear to know now that some did over the original Saville affair but it was suppressed/ignored by the Police and Others.
So when are we going to see heads roll in police forces across the country - if any of them are still alive that is.
And we know the BBC seems to think so little of it.

`
How would you feel if it was you or one of your children xxxxx
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:20 pm

How would you feel if it was you or one of your children xxxxx
It isn't and therefore I can make no comment - in the same way for you.

But if if was you or me - would we have waited 30,40 years before discussing it ?? Methinks not.

I can remember an incident in 1964, but nothing happened and it is only when entering conversations that it even comes off the bottom of the memory.

`

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.