Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:24 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I read that it was just a childrens home, not a boys only?? This is where the media is getting carried away. This is stuff that shouldnt be in the public domain cos of the rumours and sensationalising.

Jo xxx
A childrens home with a history! He was frinds with some of the staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haut_de_la_Garenne
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:29 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I have some sympathy with this headline from the Telegraph

A Jimmy Savile inquiry? We might as well launch an investigation into the entire 1970s
Incidentally I see Wilfred Brambell has now been implicated.

One of the alleged victims was a resident at the notorious Haut de la Garenne children’s home which was at the centre of a high-profile police investigation into historical child abuse on the island in 2008
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:51 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
A childrens home with a history! He was frinds with some of the staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haut_de_la_Garenne
I didnt mean just a childrens home - I meant as opposed to a boys only childrens home!!

Like I say, this stuff shouldnt really be in the public domain - its turning into a over sensationalised witch hunt. The police should be doing the research, the questioning and the investigation - not the media. Its all hearsay and gossip!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
So why did he hang out at the Jersey boys home.....
hasnt there been 2 inquiries into that place and found it to be reasonably clean. ??

some accusations were made and some prosecutions went ahead, but....
IMO working in such institutions would always be a n-no, there are too many chances of inadvertant contact being deemed as inappropriate in this "more enlightened" age.

just remember that in this more enlightened age the long term trainer of Spain's medal winning disorganised swimming team has been sacked for being "too tough". IMO if it had been a man then there would be a sex link as well.

however, I am not condoning whatever JS is supposed to have done. Either he is spinning in his grave or just laughing like hell - you can't do anything to him now. But his reputation is now shot, something that worried Esther Rantzen as she feels she would be included in the fallout from this.

As most of us who were there at the time remember many of the young girls of the time were advanced and precocious to the N'th degree. I remember a girl (14/15) coming back from a weekend saying she had sex with the lead singer of an up and coming pop group who went on to have a No1, and subsequently went on claiming she had been away for the weekend with him several times.....
Then there was the boy of 15 who claimed he had a 20yo girlfriend - that is still statutory rape because of his age.

And please don't tell me it isnt happening today in a family near to you, even if not in your family.

Last edited by Domino; Oct 18th 2012 at 12:17 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:37 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Some girls are precocious but an awful lot aren't. There was an old clip on TV last week. Shows a 14 yr old who claims to have been abused on the Jim'll fix it show, she looked about 10! I think even most grown up 15 yr olds would draw the line at an old man in a shiny track suit.

All this stuff about everyone at it in the 70's...NO they weren't, some were and a lot weren't. Another one of those myths plucked out of the mists of time. Lot of old people giving a nod and a wink as if they had a great time when in reality they were probably going to the local pub/cinema and
having a week away at Butlins

I shall just say once more....many were younger than the 14/15 yr olds you keep mentioning

Last edited by jackytoo; Oct 18th 2012 at 12:40 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You are assuming that penetrative abuse is the only form of abuse. What about if he forced girls to fondle him? Which, by the way he did...... how do we go about proving that?
Can prove the above the statement??? thank god, in your case he's dead.r he might just have sued you for slandering his name .---think about it.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
Can prove the above the statement??? thank god, in your case he's dead.r he might just have sued you for slandering his name .---think about it.
And ..... if he is guilty .... then think of the number of people who seemingly took the same attitude as you apparently and allowed him to get away with it for so many years.

I'm assuming of course that you are thinking that all the nurses, patients etc who have come forward are not to be taken as proof when it comes down to it, and are lying??
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP
I can actually, although I am guessing that the person I can prove it with is a little less inclined to say anything because the last time he did he was warned he would never work in the business again.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:04 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Was he REALLY a 'dirty old man'? Steptoe And Son star is latest BBC star accused of child sex abuse as two men claim he molested them in early 1970sActor Wilfrid Brambell allegedly abused the boys in a theatre in Jersey

TV star, who played Albert Steptoe in the BBC show, named following the scandal engulfing the corporation over abuse carried out by Jimmy Savile
By Rosie Taylor, Lucy Osborne and Arthur Martin
PUBLISHED: 02:51 GMT, 18 October 2012 | UPDATED: 16:22 GMT, 18 October 2012

..Steptoe and Son actor Wilfrid Brambell last night became the latest BBC star accused of child sex abuse.

Two men claimed the late actor molested them when they were children in Jersey in the early 1970s.

He was named following the scandal engulfing the corporation over the reign of abuse carried out by Jimmy Savile.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz29feyJmEf
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:54 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Again I ask, is the Daily Mail really the moral compass of the country? It recently ran a story about kids being sexualised too early and instead of just writing about it they showed a full half page picture of a very young pre teen girl sat in a bikini by a pool, the bikini left little to the imagination even if the face had been pixalated out. The papers are complicit in this, models are portrayed as young girls, the Sun's obsession with nubile girls harkens back to "perfect" teen young girls and don't get me started on the likes of Murdoch and his ilk, they have made money out of sexualising young girls and creating an at times unobtainable body image among women.

I have no doubt that Saville was a creepy fiddler, there is proof out there, do we really need to open up all these old wounds? Probably not, do the people who have genuinely been wronged? Probably, but thats their decision not ours and certainly not the media's! Scum the ****ing lot of them!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 6:26 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Just putting my twopenneth in - it doesn't matter how or where you touch a child if done inappropriately or without permission it is abuse - it doesn't matter how old that child is - it is abuse - it doesn't matter if they were up for it or not - if an adult touches a child it is abuse - end of xxxxx
Old Oct 18th 2012, 6:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin
As the saying goes "'lest we forget" the rule of law is "innocent, until proven guilty"
So we can safely go on presuming that Hitler was innocent as well ?
He never had a fair trial,was never proven guilty in Court and most likely topped himself because of all the unfair bad publicity he received wrongfully staining his reputation.

To be more serious,...

IMHO there's already been enough evidence brought forward to convict Savile ten times over,including that from his own lips, had he still been around, and under the circumstances he was probably fortunate to be six foot under before the shit hit the fan.

Glitter was obviously another one of a similar mould.

Having said that,there are quite a number of accusations flying around regarding other celebreties. Whilst I haven't followed all the garbage and innuendos thrown about by the gutter press, I have yet to see anything to totally convince me regarding their possible guilt and in those cases I think it's fair to reserve judgement for now.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 11:30 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Just putting my twopenneth in - it doesn't matter how or where you touch a child if done inappropriately or without permission it is abuse - it doesn't matter how old that child is - it is abuse - it doesn't matter if they were up for it or not - if an adult touches a child it is abuse - end of xxxxx
The definition of "child" in this particular case is the hard one - teenage girls are difficult to categorise!!!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 18th 2012, 11:35 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jimenato
I have some sympathy with this headline from the Telegraph

Incidentally I see Wilfred Brambell has now been implicated.
Now this is interesting. When I was a kid, I can remember watching Steptoe and son and I remember my mum saying "ugh, that Albert Steptoe is a dirty old man in real life - he messes with young boys and is queer" How would she have known that way back then???

Jo xxx
Old Oct 18th 2012, 11:48 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Now this is interesting. When I was a kid, I can remember watching Steptoe and son and I remember my mum saying "ugh, that Albert Steptoe is a dirty old man in real life - he messes with young boys and is queer" How would she have known that way back then???

Jo xxx
It was well known at the time that he was homosexual and it wouldn't surprise me that he had encounters with younger men as he was an old man.Just how young I don't know as I haven't read the latest goss.
I saw a pretty good tv movie about Steptoe and Son and the tension between the two on set.There were a couple of scenes that suggested he struggled with coming to terms with his sexuality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.