Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jehovahs witnesses

Jehovahs witnesses

Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Jehovahs witnesses

I get loads of jehovahs witnesses knocking here, english and spanish. they are so nice i feel bad telling them i'm not interested lol
Does anyone else get them? Its the last thing i expected when i moved to spain
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Long time ago here in the UK I shared a house with a mate and when a knock came at the door he told me to follow suit. He opened the door, let them in and asked them if they wanted to sit down..................to which he started to take the stereo stack system apart while telling me to start on the TV, DVD and VCR.

When they asked if we were moving he said.....

"Nope, we came here to steal all this shit!"
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:09 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Long time ago here in the UK I shared a house with a mate and when a knock came at the door he told me to follow suit. He opened the door, let them in and asked them if they wanted to sit down..................to which he started to take the stereo stack system apart while telling me to start on the TV, DVD and VCR.

When they asked if we were moving he said.....

"Nope, we came here to steal all this shit!"
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

How do you confuse a jehovahs witness??

Let them in........
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:16 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, get them all the time in the UK, once only in Spain.

Tell them you worship Satan, and would they like to come and sample the joys of a Black Mass.

I like to point out that their beliefs say that at death you are completely destroyed, body and soul. Then if god really likes you, he recreates you to enjoy heaven.

In other words he makes a copy.

I'm dammned if I'm going to kiss ass here so that a copy of me can enjoy heaven.

The Jovos got a bit upset at that, so it's a line I will be using the next time!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:10 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I used to really enjoy my Saturday morning session with them when I lived in the UK. I am a very strong Christian faith and can hold my own in most discussions, I also have a very naughty streak in me and I knew just how to make them fell uncomfortable, really naughty of me but I just could not resist it. I would invite them in make tea and then asked if they minded if I invited Christ to be present in the room whilst we talk, I would then light a candle and tell them that he was present and then ask them if they minded if I said a quick prayer thanking the Lord through his son Jesus Christ for bringing them (I always named them) to my house and for their beliefs, then we could start to discuss whatever they wanted to. Jehovahs Witnesses do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, they acknowledge that he most probably existed but that he would have been a angel. I could always tell they were very un-nerved by my actions.

Now I can hear some of you peeps say that I was not being very Christian, well I am human and I can give as good as I get, and being Christians does not mean you can't have a sense of naughtiness
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
I used to really enjoy my Saturday morning session with them when I lived in the UK. I am a very strong Christian faith and can hold my own in most discussions, I also have a very naughty streak in me and I knew just how to make them fell uncomfortable, really naughty of me but I just could not resist it. I would invite them in make tea and then asked if they minded if I invited Christ to be present in the room whilst we talk, I would then light a candle and tell them that he was present and then ask them if they minded if I said a quick prayer thanking the Lord through his son Jesus Christ for bringing them (I always named them) to my house and for their beliefs, then we could start to discuss whatever they wanted to. Jehovahs Witnesses do not believe that Jesus is the son of God, they acknowledge that he most probably existed but that he would have been a angel. I could always tell they were very un-nerved by my actions.

Now I can hear some of you peeps say that I was not being very Christian, well I am human and I can give as good as I get, and being Christians does not mean you can't have a sense of naughtiness
You little minx. How did you manage not to giggle whilst doing the deed?

Reminds me of the time that two Mormons knocked on my door and I answered the door with my baby twins in my arms both screaming for a feed. Told the Mormons that they were more than welcome but they beat a very hasty retreat.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:21 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
You little minx. How did you manage not to giggle whilst doing the deed?

Reminds me of the time that two Mormons knocked on my door and I answered the door with my baby twins in my arms both screaming for a feed. Told the Mormons that they were more than welcome but they beat a very hasty retreat.

Rosemary

What did you say, "I'm justing going to feed the babies, do you come in and join us, would you like milk in your tea"..
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
I get loads of jehovahs witnesses knocking here, english and spanish. they are so nice i feel bad telling them i'm not interested lol
yeah they often come here - leave leaflets, bibles etc etc
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

My sister is a Medium - they only ever called once - she was quite happy to discuss various things with them but they fled when she started giving out info on their dead rellies which she could see standing with them. She has never been bothered again - she thinks possibly the word was passed around!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
What did you say, "I'm justing going to feed the babies, do you come in and join us, would you like milk in your tea"..
Trust you to think of that, your sense of humour is so wicked.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2008, 2:56 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

They used to call here until I asked what all this sh!t is with blood transfusions, and they haven't been back since
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
They used to call here until I asked what all this sh!t is with blood transfusions, and they haven't been back since

I did the same, I had a life saving operation 24 years ago which meant having a blood transfusion and they didn't stop to argue with me
Old Apr 5th 2008, 5:59 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Smile and say in a Transylvanian accent. 'Do come in. I lorf to drrriiinnnkk blood!'
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:35 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cajam31
I didn't want to tell them I wasn't interested once and accepted some leaflets from them and it took my poor mum years to get rid of them.. they kept coming back every so often to ask for me..

There are loads here too, they annoy the hell out of me now, I have no patience for them whatsoever..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.