Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jazz in Seville ? - listening & playing

Jazz in Seville ? - listening & playing

Old May 13th 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

MikeQuigley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jazz in Seville ? - listening & playing

When I come to Seville in September, I'll be looking for jazz clubs and pubs and whatever to go and listen. And I'll be looking for opportunities and people with whom to play jazz ! I play clarinet and soprano sax, and run a band here in Cambridge. I'm mainly interested in swing, mainstream and modern, but not averse to doing Dixie or funk.
If there any kindred spirits there please get in touch, and let me know what's going on.

Mike
Old May 13th 2009, 8:13 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jazz in Seville ? - listening & playing

Originally Posted by MikeQuigley
When I come to Seville in September, I'll be looking for jazz clubs and pubs and whatever to go and listen. And I'll be looking for opportunities and people with whom to play jazz ! I play clarinet and soprano sax, and run a band here in Cambridge. I'm mainly interested in swing, mainstream and modern, but not averse to doing Dixie or funk.
If there any kindred spirits there please get in touch, and let me know what's going on.

Mike

Google comes up with a link to these jazz clubs: http://www.apoloybaco.com/eljazzensevillaclubes.htm

It´s funny, yesterday a new user got completely burned down in this forum for asking a question which could also be solved by himself by doing a Google search..... But anyway, I hope the above link helps you along!
Old May 13th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

MikeQuigley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jur ! Yes, it's true that a Google search will come up with useful stuff, but often it misses interesting venues, and that is particularly true of jazz, which can flourish in small bars. Also, my other question, about other people who might want to play, is very pertinent to a forum like this.

Mike
Old May 13th 2009, 9:42 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

hope you´ll find some ! I only know people who play rock & pop....
Old May 13th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
This website is a on info in Sevilla. Scroll down to "Where to find live music in Sevilla":
http://www.exploreseville.com/art.htm#live

It links to this, too (although outwith your dates):
http://www.territoriossevilla.com/

Hope it helps.

Carol