Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Javea any opinions?

Javea any opinions?

Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:42 am
Just Joined

sassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant future
Default Javea any opinions?

Would love to hear from anyone who has made the move, highs lows etc. Any advice appreciated!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Javea any opinions?

Originally Posted by sassykins
Would love to hear from anyone who has made the move, highs lows etc. Any advice appreciated!
We made the move to Javea 4 years ago.
My only regret is that we did not move sooner.
Where to start, it is without a doubt one of the safest, cleanest, & friendly places to live, with a good mix of English, German, Dutch and off course the lovely Spanish Residents a place to dream about actually living there.
Property is a bit more expensive here and that is why
But don't tell to many people otherwise the Jewel in the Crown will get spoiled.
Don't put off moving, just make the move.
Off course this is only my opinion.
One tip I will give if you are serious, don't buy before you have lived over here first.
There are Three very different parts to Javea, Arenal which is really for the young at heart which goes quiet out of season, there is the old Town (Pueblo)
which is older type property there and very hilly,
then there is the Port.(where I live) this is really for living all year round as it does n't seem to go all that quiet, loads off Shops, Banks, Restaurants & Bars, and gorgeous Beach very clean & quiet, very flat to get around easy and good links to get to Arenal, or the Old Town if needed.
Good Luck to you in the future.
Any advice needed just email me.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:14 am
Just Joined

sassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant futuresassykins has a brilliant future

Thanks for reply, could you recommend any agents for long term rental. What is property market like there at present, although I will be renting initially. Where is closest to fly to from UK.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 1:25 am
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Where is closest to fly to from UK.
Alicante and Valencia. Both are around 100 km away.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 2:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigD
We made the move to Javea 4 years ago.
My only regret is that we did not move sooner.
Where to start, it is without a doubt one of the safest, cleanest, & friendly places to live, with a good mix of English, German, Dutch and off course the lovely Spanish Residents a place to dream about actually living there.
Property is a bit more expensive here and that is why
But don't tell to many people otherwise the Jewel in the Crown will get spoiled.
Don't put off moving, just make the move.
Off course this is only my opinion.
One tip I will give if you are serious, don't buy before you have lived over here first.
There are Three very different parts to Javea, Arenal which is really for the young at heart which goes quiet out of season, there is the old Town (Pueblo)
which is older type property there and very hilly,
then there is the Port.(where I live) this is really for living all year round as it does n't seem to go all that quiet, loads off Shops, Banks, Restaurants & Bars, and gorgeous Beach very clean & quiet, very flat to get around easy and good links to get to Arenal, or the Old Town if needed.
Good Luck to you in the future.
Any advice needed just email me.

The port is my favourite area, too, and we have just moved back here, about 100m from where we started 4.5 years ago!

I can't see us staying in Javea for ever though, as it is becoming too 'foreign' as in not spanish, for us
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:23 am
Just Joined

So where do you think you will go to?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:31 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Javea on the Costa Blanca is a great place if you want a large British element to life and if you think you don't want to live in too Spanish a place!

I live here and love it but it is said that Spanish only make up 40% of the population. The rest is a good mixture though - not just Brits.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:53 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

So where do you think you will go to?
maybe south a bit - it's a big country!

not just yet though, the girls are happy in school, and my work is really taking off
Old May 8th 2008, 5:57 am
Just Joined

greenmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived there 1.5 yrs. Left 5 years ago. Missed sunshine but not Javea. Too small, too busy in Summer, not enough infrastructure to support building development (which was spoiling area). Definitely rent first. Lots of people I met left after 1-2 yrs. Those who bought couldn't sell! I would choose different, more vibrant, area next time. Good Luck...