Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jaen Province - anyone there?

Jaen Province - anyone there?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:02 am
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jaen Province - anyone there?

We long since gave up on UK as too wet and miserable, the weather is crap too!

That made me laugh.

Cleaning like mad - my first visitor of the year is due in on Thursday night. It's my eldest sister who I hope will be laden down with Tesco's Finest pork sausages - the only thing that I really miss. Back to the Pledge and duster!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:26 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St. John
We long since gave up on UK as too wet and miserable, the weather is crap too!

That made me laugh.

Cleaning like mad - my first visitor of the year is due in on Thursday night. It's my eldest sister who I hope will be laden down with Tesco's Finest pork sausages - the only thing that I really miss. Back to the Pledge and duster!
We´ve got our first visitor in next Monday so, like you, I´m washing and cleaning like mad. Amazing isn´t it how when you have visitors coming you see the dust that you´ve ignored for a while

Love the doggie picture, by the way.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:28 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Have a good time with your sister. Sounds like you will enjoy the company. We always enjoy having visitors wherever we are.

The only thing we miss is fresh milk as opposed to the UHT is the stores in Spain.

Tell me, Is Jaen a town on the Madrid to Granada main road? I have seen a lot of signs for it and am not sure if we drove anywhere near it or not.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

Yes, it is our Provincal capital. My nearest airport (just) is Granada and so I pass by it every time I go - which is several times a year. We have a new airport at Ciudad La Real, it used to be called either Don Quijote Airport or South Madrid Airport - now Cuidad La Real Central Airport, but only the German low-cost airline Air Berlin uses it at the moment. It is a private airport so maybe Ryanair will steer clear!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eylesda
Have a good time with your sister. Sounds like you will enjoy the company. We always enjoy having visitors wherever we are.

The only thing we miss is fresh milk as opposed to the UHT is the stores in Spain.

Tell me, Is Jaen a town on the Madrid to Granada main road? I have seen a lot of signs for it and am not sure if we drove anywhere near it or not.
Wherever I have lived in Spain it is difficult to buy fresh milk, except in Corte Ingles. But every village I have been in does usually have a delivery by small vans direct from their farms of very fresh milk - ask around.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 6:58 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

It made me smile!

Old May 1st 2009, 12:14 am
Just Joined

pauldawn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi st john
we are buying a house just out side of martos ,its all in the hands of the solicitors we can not wait to get over to do some changes to the house
and see some other ex pats .all the best for your new home
paul and dawn
Old May 1st 2009, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pauldawn
hi st john
we are buying a house just out side of martos ,its all in the hands of the solicitors we can not wait to get over to do some changes to the house
and see some other ex pats .all the best for your new home
paul and dawn
You must be very excited - and the weather is now glorious. Martos is some 65 km from where I live. Put a notice up on this site when you arrive - all the best.