Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I'VE GOT A SILLY QUESTION

I'VE GOT A SILLY QUESTION

Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice
Default I'VE GOT A SILLY QUESTION

What are the towels like in spain we are moving to valencia area, do I wait and buy new towels there or bring them with me.

Sorry for such a silly thread
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'VE GOT A SILLY QUESTION

Originally Posted by amberandjason
What are the towels like in spain we are moving to valencia area, do I wait and buy new towels there or bring them with me.

Same as in UK. The quality will depend on what you want to spend. I think the prices are similar too. So probably just as well to buy them when you get here.

Rosemary
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

What about the loofers?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:11 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Towels for 7 people? Thats a lot of towels!! buy them out there otherwise thats a lot of bulk to pack, i'm chucking most of mine before we move they are so old!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice

Originally Posted by silverchick
Towels for 7 people? Thats a lot of towels!! buy them out there otherwise thats a lot of bulk to pack, i'm chucking most of mine before we move they are so old!
Hubbies going in the car, so not too worried about bulk, Primark do lovely towels here for only £5 a bath sheet and they are lovely, so just don't want to kick myself when I get there if towel are thin.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Same as in UK. The quality will depend on what you want to spend. I think the prices are similar too. So probably just as well to buy them when you get here.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary, it's the silly things that matter
Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future

We ended up packing a huge stack of towels that took up half the car space!

But when you move in on your first day you might not have the time or feel like going shopping for towels straight away, so maybe take a couple just in case.

Makes me laugh when I look back and remember how concerned we were at not being able to fit our duvet in the car too.....little did we realise it would be so hot at night that even a thin sheet is too much!!

(until winter, obviously....)
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I bought all the pillows and duvets from England, vacuum bags are a godsend, I got 2 kingsize duvets, 4 singles, and 8 pillows in one case! The towels are fine, they cost 12-14 euros from memory.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to bring bedding too.
The Spanish all sleep on hay don't you know?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

To save space for other more valuable stuff when packing your car,try folding towels, bedding etc and laying them on the car seats, effectively using them as a seat cover, saves space and makes the seat a little more bearable on a long drive!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 6:53 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
To save space for other more valuable stuff when packing your car,try folding towels, bedding etc and laying them on the car seats, effectively using them as a seat cover, saves space and makes the seat a little more bearable on a long drive!
That's what I did - a comfy duvet to sit on during a two day drive made the journey much more comfortable - Oh and a pillow behind me and at my side
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lionda
That's what I did - a comfy duvet to sit on during a two day drive made the journey much more comfortable - Oh and a pillow behind me and at my side
Do you use a duvet We are when the house is sold shipping most of our belongings over as they make our home, so will just be taking essentials to start with, what do you all recommend to take at first
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:52 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lionda
Bloomin eck Lionda, youve made me want to go back to bed and get all snuggly duggly
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:55 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you use a duvet We are when the house is sold shipping most of our belongings over as they make our home, so will just be taking essentials to start with, what do you all recommend to take at first
It depends what time of year you are coming to Spain. If it is winter then you will definately need a duvet, we have a 15 tog duvet on our bed. Im not sure, but you may need to bring pillows. We live on the Portuguese Spanish border so can get English size pillows from Portugal, but I think you can only get the long pillows in Spain.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Yorkshire Linen in Javea where you can get English bedding at apparently reasonable prices - so I've been told. Unfortunately, the one closest to you in Gandia is closing down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.