Reload this Page >

I've been asked to put down two

I've been asked to put down two

Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've been asked to put down two

Originally Posted by anabella
He will still have to deal with the developer as the property is being built.

What happens is that the property already has a mortgage on it that would start as soon as the keys are handed out. This is normally for 80% of its value, as you are already giving the remaining 20% while it's being built. This doesn't mean that you have to stick to that existing mortgage, you can always change it to meet your needs.
No not every case if you are buying second hand, i.e not direct from the developer, the contract could be with the 3rd party and then the bank guarantee is invalidated. I pulled out of a purchase because of this.

The bank guarantee has nothing to do with the mortgage. the bank guarantee protects the buyers deposit i.e the 20% should the developer go bust, fail to finish the development for whatever reason. If the contract is with the 3rd party it is possible that the bank guarantee is invalidated.

Last edited by Agnes; Oct 18th 2006 at 10:44 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:06 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've been asked to put down two

Originally Posted by Agnes
No not every case if you are buying second hand, i.e not direct from the developer, the contract could be with the 3rd party and then the bank guarantee is invalidated. I pulled out of a purchase because of this.

The bank guarantee has nothing to do with the mortgage. the bank guarantee protects the buyers deposit i.e the 20% should the developer go bust, fail to finish the development for whatever reason. If the contract is with the 3rd party it is possible that the bank guarantee is invalidated.
I see, we are just talking about different things I hope that we are not confussing this buyer even more. There is so much to consider when buying a property it can be quite overwhelming.