British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   ITV SPAIN (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/itv-spain-665317/)

EDDIE SPARROW Apr 23rd 2010 7:24 pm

ITV SPAIN

I purchased a spanish registerd left handed car in the uk and got spanish car insurance before i drove it to majorca, im now here it had a 12 month mot before i bought it but i know i need a ITV sticker and new mot here what is the best way forward can anyone please give me any information .

Jur Apr 23rd 2010 7:40 pm

Re: ITV SPAIN

Where´s "here" ? Spain or UK?

And ask yourself what you would have to do in the UK if your mot runs out.

Mark svq Apr 23rd 2010 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by EDDIE SPARROW (Post 8517154)
I purchased a spanish registerd left handed car in the uk and got spanish car insurance before i drove it to majorca, im now here it had a 12 month mot before i bought it but i know i need a ITV sticker and new mot here what is the best way forward can anyone please give me any information .

Eddie, I think you might be placing the cart in front of the horse. First step is obtaining Spanish license plate. Second step is obtaining ITV sticker (i think). It has been six years since I moved to Spain and I remember what a pain it was getting the paperwork done.

snikpoh Apr 23rd 2010 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Mark svq (Post 8517278)
Eddie, I think you might be placing the cart in front of the horse. First step is obtaining Spanish license plate. Second step is obtaining ITV sticker (i think). It has been six years since I moved to Spain and I remember what a pain it was getting the paperwork done.

If it's Spanish registered, won't it already have Spanish plates?

Jur Apr 23rd 2010 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by snikpoh (Post 8517284)
If it's Spanish registered, won't it already have Spanish plates?

It even has Spanish insurance, he wrote!

Mark svq Apr 23rd 2010 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by EDDIE SPARROW (Post 8517154)

Sorry guys I misunderstood. Eddie, call the ITV and schedule an appointment. What year is the car? Usually you need to renew your ITV 4 years after first purchasing it. Then i think it's every 2 years?

Jur Apr 23rd 2010 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mark svq (Post 8517381)
Sorry guys I misunderstood. Eddie, call the ITV and schedule an appointment. What year is the car? Usually you need to renew your ITV 4 years after first purchasing it. Then i think it's every 2 years?

That´s in case of a NEW car, ITV inspection is yearly after that, Eddie did get that part right.

jdr Apr 23rd 2010 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jur (Post 8517447)
That´s in case of a NEW car, ITV inspection is yearly after that, Eddie did get that part right.

Ours is every two years ;-)

big wheels Apr 23rd 2010 11:38 pm

For cars it's every two years from 4yrs old, and up to 10 yrs old. After that it's every year.

twistedmelon Apr 24th 2010 12:07 am

Originally Posted by big wheels (Post 8517639)
For cars it's every two years from 4yrs old, and up to 10 yrs old. After that it's every year.

You can book ITV appointments on line these days.
I hope you got ALL the right paperwork when you bought it in the UK or an ITV may be a prob.

Michael74 Apr 24th 2010 4:24 pm

If you live in the Gandia area you can just drive down to the ITV centre in the Polygon and get in the queue - make sure you have all the paperwork tho.

bfg69bug Apr 24th 2010 6:06 pm

out of interest... how did you do the transfer ? is the car in your name?