Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV - Papers required?

ITV - Papers required?

Old Jan 19th 2021, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV - Papers required?

My first ITV here was several year ago. It was in a small town and I didn't have confidence in my understanding of spoken Spanish and my vocabulary.
I printed a list of all the terms that I thought I would encounter, eg steering, forward, back etc.
When it was my turn I made my apologies to the tester and asked him to speak slowly and got my paper ready. He saw it, laughed and took it from me!! He went to the office, made several copies and gave them to the other testers and the boss. Several minutes later he returned, thanked me and then conducted the test using the English translation.

Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ITV - Papers required?

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
My first ITV here was several year ago. It was in a small town and I didn't have confidence in my understanding of spoken Spanish and my vocabulary.
I printed a list of all the terms that I thought I would encounter, eg steering, forward, back etc.
When it was my turn I made my apologies to the tester and asked him to speak slowly and got my paper ready. He saw it, laughed and took it from me!! He went to the office, made several copies and gave them to the other testers and the boss. Several minutes later he returned, thanked me and then conducted the test using the English translation.
That's great thanks for sharing, I think that sums up Spain just right if you have a go they are all only to happy to help and will steer you in right direction. So if you do not get out there and try you just don't know. We have found the local Spanish to be true and honest and very helpful which is another reason why we call Spain very much home!!!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid
That's great thanks for sharing, I think that sums up Spain just right if you have a go they are all only to happy to help and will steer you in right direction. So if you do not get out there and try you just don't know. We have found the local Spanish to be true and honest and very helpful which is another reason why we call Spain very much home!!!
Whilst I applaud your sentiments and recognise the weakness in over generalizations I had to chuckle having seen the news with Cifuentes in court today. Cleary there are some Spanish who , since Franco, still believe that truth and honesty is not something that should apply to them!!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ITV - Papers required?

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Whilst I applaud your sentiments and recognise the weakness in over generalizations I had to chuckle having seen the news with Cifuentes in court today. Cleary there are some Spanish who , since Franco, still believe that truth and honesty is not something that should apply to them!!
I do not disagree with what you have said and think I understand maybe we have had fortune on or side :how ever the odd disagreement has been resolved quite well, Maybe the odd one where we have fallen out but, I do understand your comments!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 8:39 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
Thats just for 'driving about' isn't it? Im talking about in the itv they have signs up. I think i have a picture, if only i could post it here? They give you a piece of paper with it all printed on when you get your paperwork back.
Ok, I see what you mean. They may let the translator stand to one side outside the car or in the street? I guess the translator could phone the garage before booking to check.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

The Covid does not stop DGT multas! I thought they had written to me to remind me about ITV but no....I was a naughty boy - 90km in an 80 limit. Paid online for the discount.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Ok, I see what you mean. They may let the translator stand to one side outside the car or in the street? I guess the translator could phone the garage before booking to check.
i think, if the translator can drive, they would have to do the test and the owner would sit in the office?
Old Jan 20th 2021, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
The Covid does not stop DGT multas! I thought they had written to me to remind me about ITV but no....I was a naughty boy - 90km in an 80 limit. Paid online for the discount.
Since when is 90 in a 80 a fine?? 120 in an 80 i can see, but 10km over seems a bit harsh?
Old Jan 20th 2021, 2:45 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The tolerance is 7km/hr so 90 will trigger the radar. That said speedo error is about 5% so an indicated 90 is right on the button.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I thought a 100€ fine for doing 90 in an 80 was a bit harsh. OK net payment after 50% discount was 50€ but still - I was not in a built-up area.

Cheaper in lockdown hahahaha.

Old Jan 20th 2021, 3:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is the minimum fine.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
I was not in a built-up area.
Is that supposed to be some sort of defence?
Old Jan 20th 2021, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, it was meant to say the fine was high given the road was a dual carriageway. But please don't be righteous - most people stray over the limit from time to time.

Yes, Fred expect you are right.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

One way to get over the language problem is to "phone a friend" (spanish speaker) lut the phone through the car sleaker or lhone loudsleaker and get your friend to translate. . Also let the tester know what you're doing and they will thank you for it.