Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV - Papers required?

ITV - Papers required?

Old Jan 17th 2021, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV - Papers required?

As I have not done an ITV for a few years can someone (preferably in Alicante) list the documents required to show at ITV. I have made the appointment (very efficient online system) just want to be sure. Thanks.
Old Jan 17th 2021, 10:01 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV - Papers required?

Originally Posted by spainrico
As I have not done an ITV for a few years can someone (preferably in Alicante) list the documents required to show at ITV. I have made the appointment (very efficient online system) just want to be sure. Thanks.
all you need is the ficha técnico and the permiso de circulación - proof of insurance is now automated
Old Jan 17th 2021, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

There is a very good ITV station in Benidorm who help me with my first ITV .All the documents should be in your car any how that you would need for the test ,I just took the lot in side handed them over they went through them took what they needed gave me my number told what lane to get in went through the system being directed all the way. I was treated extremely well and would recommend them to every one. This process took less than half an hour.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid
There is a very good ITV station in Benidorm who help me with my first ITV .All the documents should be in your car any how that you would need for the test ,I just took the lot in side handed them over they went through them took what they needed gave me my number told what lane to get in went through the system being directed all the way. I was treated extremely well and would recommend them to every one. This process took less than half an hour.

Can I ask what they are like to someone who's Spanish is rather basic?

Although by June when mine is due I should be able to communicate better. Its not the talking thats doing my head in, but the speed with which people reply and understanding what they are saying..
Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej

Although by June when mine is due I should be able to communicate better. Its not the talking thats doing my head in, but the speed with which people reply and understanding what they are saying..
ask them 'hablar despacio porfavor, no hablo mucho español'

ok, the steps - when you go in you need the two green bits of paper (could be one green and one white or blue, depends on the car/paperwork).go to the machine, find your reg and get a ticket. Sit down. When your reg comes up on the screen, go to the desk it says. Give them the two papers, pay by card. Take the paperwork and reciept, go sit in the car, and watch the big screen outside.

While you wait, plug in the other seat belts, put all the windows down totally and put the paperwork on the windscreen under the wiper blade. Pop the bonnet.

When your reg comes up, drive to the right lane.

(Watch what the car in front of you does)

First is normally the lights (luces), indicators & hazards (intermidente un lado, otro, los cuatro), horn (pito), wipers and window washers (limpia con agua). They will probably put the probe up the exaust and ask you to rev a few times (diesel) or hold it at 2k if its petrol. They plug in a code reader to your odb port now as well, if the car is 2000 or newer.

Then they look under the bonnet for the chassis number and the oil level, and will ask you to step on the brakes (pisar freno).

Then you drive forward onto the pit - they will guide you or grab the wheel.

They will have you raise the drivers window (sube ventana) and put a walkie talkie on there.

When you are on the round plates they will go under the car, and you will hear 'move the steering' (mueve volante) which you need to turn left and right like you are in a chicane, normally 3 or 4 times. Then step on the brakes (pisar freno). You'll be shaking left and right.

then you move forwards so the rear wheels are on the plates, you'll shake again, braking and not braking.

That done, you move forward again, pause for a photo, and then front wheels into the brake rollers. When the rollers start moving you'll see two yellow sections on the screen-press the brakes lightly when they tell you (pisar freno y maintaine en el amarillo), then when they say, brake slowly as hard as you can (al fondo)

you'll move forward to the rear wheels, same again, then a third time with the handbrake.

Then you go and wait in the line to get your new sticker.

Hope that helps.

Old Jan 18th 2021, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
ask them 'hablar despacio porfavor, no hablo mucho español'

ok, the steps - when you go in you need the two green bits of paper (could be one green and one white or blue, depends on the car/paperwork).go to the machine, find your reg and get a ticket. Sit down. When your reg comes up on the screen, go to the desk it says. Give them the two papers, pay by card. Take the paperwork and reciept, go sit in the car, and watch the big screen outside.

While you wait, plug in the other seat belts, put all the windows down totally and put the paperwork on the windscreen under the wiper blade. Pop the bonnet.

When your reg comes up, drive to the right lane.

(Watch what the car in front of you does)

First is normally the lights (luces), indicators & hazards (intermidente un lado, otro, los cuatro), horn (pito), wipers and window washers (limpia con agua). They will probably put the probe up the exaust and ask you to rev a few times (diesel) or hold it at 2k if its petrol. They plug in a code reader to your odb port now as well, if the car is 2000 or newer.

Then they look under the bonnet for the chassis number and the oil level, and will ask you to step on the brakes (pisar freno).

Then you drive forward onto the pit - they will guide you or grab the wheel.

They will have you raise the drivers window (sube ventana) and put a walkie talkie on there.

When you are on the round plates they will go under the car, and you will hear 'move the steering' (mueve volante) which you need to turn left and right like you are in a chicane, normally 3 or 4 times. Then step on the brakes (pisar freno). You'll be shaking left and right.

then you move forwards so the rear wheels are on the plates, you'll shake again, braking and not braking.

That done, you move forward again, pause for a photo, and then front wheels into the brake rollers. When the rollers start moving you'll see two yellow sections on the screen-press the brakes lightly when they tell you (pisar freno y maintaine en el amarillo), then when they say, brake slowly as hard as you can (al fondo)

you'll move forward to the rear wheels, same again, then a third time with the handbrake.

Then you go and wait in the line to get your new sticker.

Hope that helps.
Get a Spanish speaker to go with you. I went with my wife last year and she is a Spanish speaker and got angry as the guy was shouting at her to do things ( it can be noisy there). Afterwards they tell you various things if you arent successful and that can get technical.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Get a Spanish speaker to go with you.
Covid rules - only one person in the car.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 2:36 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

DGT says max two people per row wearing masks sat as far apart as possible if they're not in the same bubble.

Actualidad coronavirus COVID-19 en DGT > Preguntas Frecuentes > ¿Cuantos pasajeros pueden ir en un vehicle?

En el caso que no convivan en el mismo domicilio, podrán desplazarse dos personas por cada fila de asientos, siempre que utilicen mascarilla y respeten la máxima distancia posible entre los ocupantes.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

In the past - in Torrevieja (lots of Brits with limited Spanish) they were happy to do the whole process while you watch. Last time in Alicante the guy sussed I was a Brit, assumed I had no Spanish and said he would practise his English! In other words, they have always been co-operative and helpful. But just depends I guess on who you get, but nothing to worry about with a bit of luck.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
In the past - in Torrevieja (lots of Brits with limited Spanish) they were happy to do the whole process while you watch. Last time in Alicante the guy sussed I was a Brit, assumed I had no Spanish and said he would practise his English! In other words, they have always been co-operative and helpful. But just depends I guess on who you get, but nothing to worry about with a bit of luck.

I wasn't worried as such, Ive been trying to do as much as i can without help. Or by making notes before I go.
Obviously if its easier to take a spanish speaker I will (but like I say hopefully by June I should be better).

So the post by bfg69bug is a great help. Its already added a few extra words and a couple of sentences to my vocabulary.

I used to assist as it were with the MOT on the car in the Uk as it was a 48 year old Mk2 Cortina and the tester and I chatted as he did it.
Obviously in the Uk you leave the car to them.

I will be going to the one on the 332 near Benidorm, so hopefully my cockney accented spanish wont be too hard for them to understand..

Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience most of the guys know enough English words to tell you what to do, you don’t need to converse with them at all.

I would not be surprised if, with Covid restrictions, that they don’t just kick you out of the car and do it all for you!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ITV - Papers required?

Originally Posted by Barriej

My Spanish is very very basic my wife's is very good. I took the my self to Benidorm and was worried about talking Spanish, when they know your are English they talk English to you I understood every word. All I can say it was a breeze in and out all done. I would give Benidorm ITV station 5stars.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DLC
DGT says max two people per row wearing masks sat as far apart as possible if they're not in the same bubble.

Actualidad coronavirus COVID-19 en DGT > Preguntas Frecuentes > ¿Cuantos pasajeros pueden ir en un vehicle?
Thats just for 'driving about' isn't it? Im talking about in the itv they have signs up. I think i have a picture, if only i could post it here? They give you a piece of paper with it all printed on when you get your paperwork back.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
I would not be surprised if, with Covid restrictions, that they don’t just kick you out of the car and do it all for you!
again, due to covid they cant get in thr car, hence the windows down and you have to do everything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.