Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV Appointments

ITV Appointments

Old Oct 8th 2020, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV Appointments

My car needs to go for its 1st ITV before October 28th.

I have been told by the local Ford dealer that the 1st available appointment is late November.

I know that with ITVs due in lockdown you were given more time to get the car in due to backlogs in the centres.

Does anyone know if you still get more time now?
Old Oct 8th 2020, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITV Appointments

no, you dont.

Old Oct 8th 2020, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

This is the "pop up" on the ITV booking website:

"- Si la fecha de caducidad de la inspección de su vehículo está dentro del periodo comprendido entre el 21 de junio y el 31 de agosto, goza de una prórroga para pasar la ITV de 3 meses. If the date of expiry of the ITV is within the period 21st of june to the 31st of august, you have an extension of 3 months.

- Si la ITV caducó durante el Estado de alarma (del 14 de marzo al 20 de junio), también goza de una prórroga que puede consultar en el siguiente enlace: https://www.veiasa.es/node/1430 if the itv expired DURING the state of alarm (14march to 20 june) then you have an extension according to this chart (link)

En beneficio de los propietarios de vehículos que no están amparados por dichas prórrogas, VEIASA está priorizando a aquéllos con vencimientos cercanos o ya vencidos para ofrecerles una cita. for the benifit of the people who are not affected by the extensions, Veiasa (the itv company) is pri-oritising the people who have an already expired ITV or close to expiring ITV.

Disculpe las molestas. " sorry about that.

I´ve booked 20-30 ITV´s in the last few months. I have cars that need ITV´s right now, and I have cars that run out during and after the state of alarm. I have a porsche that expired on the last day of the state of alarm, it is extended until january 2021 - i tried to book an appointment for it, but their system wouldnt let me.

The interesting thing of it, is that when you actually go for the ITV you might only get 3 months or so then you have to do it again - the expiry date of the next ITV is at the right time. Good thing they have computers to work it all out..

Last edited by bfg69bug; Oct 8th 2020 at 7:42 am.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 8:47 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends upon the ITV station, ours around here have plenty of available slots. Done my 3 children's cars since the state of alarm ended with no issues.

Booked appointments online for the following week.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Benidorm is very good and have had appointments try their online site if you are near.We found them very good and helpful with no language problems if you do not speak spanish.