Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's Hot in the South - Expats describe 'volcano of fire'

It's Hot in the South - Expats describe 'volcano of fire'

Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:41 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default It's Hot in the South - Expats describe 'volcano of fire'

We had 42deg yesterday. It was still 28 degrees at midnight last night. Phewwwwww !!

BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8167053.stm
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:51 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Hot in the South - Expats describe 'volcano of fire'

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
We had 42deg yesterday. It was still 28 degrees at midnight last night. Phewwwwww !!

Hiya GE
Been watching the news today and it looks quite scarey tbh due to the hot and dry weather there and in a few other countries - just wanted to say take care all and keep safe xxx
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:05 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

This must be frightening, for humans and wildlife.

It will teach me not to moan when I get to warm!

We returned two weeks ago from Spain and it was hotting up then. 49 degrees in the back yard at one point.

(Sam - being from Rochdale originally myself, the nearest we ever got to hot was a good curry. (Sorry is this me hijacking a thread) if so sincere apologies)

Last edited by CLR; Jul 24th 2009 at 9:07 pm. Reason: repetition
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater

32 c and hair dryer wind too here now. ;-))
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:19 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CLR
This must be frightening, for humans and wildlife.

It will teach me not to moan when I get to warm!

We returned two weeks ago from Spain and it was hotting up then. 49 degrees in the back yard at one point.

(Sam - being from Rochdale originally myself, the nearest we ever got to hot was a good curry. (Sorry is this me hijacking a thread) if so sincere apologies)

Hello x
Wow that is hot - small world eh - lovely to see you on here
Take care chick
Sam xxx
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am frozen - and wet!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:39 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Here it's cold wet and grey, and the farmers are worrying that the wheat will get beaten down by the wind rain and hail so as to be hardly worth harvesting.

Mind you, it is July after all.......
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

Very hot here on the Costa Blanca but the thing that everyone is moaning about is the humidity; 'twas 93% yesterday!

John C
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xabiero
Very hot here on the Costa Blanca but the thing that everyone is moaning about is the humidity; 'twas 93% yesterday!

John C
I reckon the humidity has got much worse in the 6 years I've been here

I don't care how hot it gets - I just hate humidity!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa

Do you mean the hairdryer breezes ?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Do you mean the hairdryer breezes ?
no they're dry aren't they?

the air here is actually almost wet!

if you leave the safety of your aircon you feel like you are in a steamroom!

we only have aircon in the lounge & master bedroom - a couple of nights ago we moved a couple of mattresses into the master bedroom so that all four of us could get a good night sleep - it was impossible even with a fan pointed directly at the beds!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:17 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

no they're dry aren't they?

the air here is actually almost wet!

if you leave the safety of your aircon you feel like you are in a steamroom! !

It's amazing how it varies from one side of the country to the other.

You had tropical levels of humidity - down here in the south coast we had the hottest day for 10 years (41c) but the humidity was the lowest I have ever seen at only 16%.

As jdr said - like being in front of a hairdryer!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:23 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm in the cold and rainy UK at the moment!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Fred James
It's amazing how it varies from one side of the country to the other.

You had tropical levels of humidity - down here in the south coast we had the hottest day for 10 years (41c) but the humidity was the lowest I have ever seen at only 16%.

As jdr said - like being in front of a hairdryer!
well it's 75% humidity right now - so it can only get worse!

the temperature only got up to about 34/35 yesterday - but it's hard to breathe becuase of the wet air!

edit - in the couple of mins since I first posted this the humidity has risen to 79%!!!

Last edited by lynnxa; Jul 25th 2009 at 7:27 am.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's been very uncomfortable here, very humid and hot, difficult to sleep. Today much nicer, a nice cool breeze, humidity down, eve n a forecast of rain tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.