Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Its a bit chilly!!

Its a bit chilly!!

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:25 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its a bit chilly!!

It hit 86 degrees in our garden today, but Ive had to put the heating on tonight

Anyone else feeling the cold?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:13 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its a bit chilly!!

Yes, we've been having the heating on in the evenings for almost a week now! Beautiful outside during the day, flippin freezing indoors.

And where have you been hiding?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
It hit 86 degrees in our garden today, but Ive had to put the heating on tonight

Mrs Twyntub is currently consuming a bottle of butano a week in her efforts to keep our draught-ridden finca warm.

The worst bit, I must say, is being kicked out of bed at 7.00am on a weekend to take the dog out for pipí. Even with the extra hour to warm up it's 'taters up here in the mountains.

Mind you, our Spanish neighbours have been complaining 'hace frío' since the mercury dropped below 90... Reminds me of the Fast Show sketch and that weather forecast. "Scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StvJI4709I
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MnM
Yes, we've been having the heating on in the evenings for almost a week now! Beautiful outside during the day, flippin freezing indoors.

And where have you been hiding?
It was so strange having the heating on for an hour, but since we have eaten our dinner we have warmed up and turned it off! No doubt the heating will be on tomorrow night. Bang goes the cheap leccy bills

Ours friends arrived last Saturday for a week so I havent been able to have a nosey on here. They are on the plane back as I write so thats it guys, I`m back
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by twyntub
Mrs Twyntub is currently consuming a bottle of butano a week in her efforts to keep our draught-ridden finca warm.

The worst bit, I must say, is being kicked out of bed at 7.00am on a weekend to take the dog out for pipí. Even with the extra hour to warm up it's 'taters up here in the mountains.Mind you, our Spanish neighbours have been complaining 'hace frío' since the mercury dropped below 90... Reminds me of the Fast Show sketch and that weather forecast. "Scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

My OH knows just how you feel.....he gets kicked out of bed every morning at 7am to take the dog out
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:31 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

My OH knows just how you feel.....he gets kicked out of bed every morning at 7am to take the dog out

For the past week I have been up at that time and out for a 3k walk on arriving back at the house 30 mins later I have resisted the urge to get back into bed, Made a cuppa and just sat in front of the TV until 10am

Now my little inner jiminy cricket is telling me to tell you the truth, Mal makes me get up drags me kicking and screaming to the car, where he drives me to the marina and makes me walk the 3k, then drives me home and then I sit with a cuppa until 10am. I do however feel so much better for it
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bike which I ride 15 kms every morning

Now the truth ..............

I have a bike
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I have a bike which I ride 15 kms every morning

Now the truth ..............

I have a bike

Thank god for the last bit, it saved me having to throw an insult.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Thank god for the last bit, it saved me having to throw an insult.

I do imagine I ride it 15 kms every morning though
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have an exercise bike!

Bought in 1993! Speedometer reading in 1995 45kms! Complete with clip on ashtray!

Ex OH bought me a picture around that time which said ' By the time I am thin, FAT will be in!'

Never liked the bugger anyway!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub

The worst bit, I must say, is being kicked out of bed at 7.00am on a weekend to take the dog out for pipí. Even with the extra hour to warm up it's 'taters up here in the mountains.

Mind you, our Spanish neighbours have been complaining 'hace frío' since the mercury dropped below 90... Reminds me of the Fast Show sketch and that weather forecast. "Scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio, scorchio.... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Hola!
Do your dogs wake you up? How do they know it's 7am?
My dogs start their "mumbling" at 7am on the dot... can they tell the time?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Sometimes they have a longer lie, depending on the night before...
P.P.S. It was 3.5 degrees C here last night (at around 22:00)!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola!
Do your dogs wake you up? How do they know it's 7am?
My dogs start their "mumbling" at 7am on the dot... can they tell the time?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Sometimes they have a longer lie, depending on the night before...
P.P.S. It was 3.5 degrees C here last night (at around 22:00)!

Oh Carol, you have made me feel really guilty now. Theres me moaning about the cold and its still in double figures here
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam,
Couldn't believe it myself, but this morning there was a frost on the lawn. Not complaining as it's November after all! Was it J. Connelly who said, "N'thing wrang with the weather here, just the type of clothing..."?
The daytime temp here has been a pleasant, sunny 15 to 18 C (ok, I did enjoy the lovely 25C average last week in CE, who wouldn't? And, NO RAIN!! big difference from last year.)
The autumn colours are fanastic just now, must try and take a few photos today, and remember how to attach them here.
Regards,
Carol
Old Nov 4th 2007, 8:57 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Show off It's been cold in the evenings here for a few weeks now, but then we are 800 metres up in the mountains Lovely and warm during the day though, back to shorts and thin shirt
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Chilly enough here in the evenings to need the heating on for about an hour when th doors are finally closed. First time we did it, neighbours complained about the noise the unit was making. These are the same people who had other renters here for several months who played loud music till 3 am, were shouting arguing etc till the early hours. No complaints to them. But because the A/C casing rattled a bit when it was heating they complained. , still a bit of tape has stopped that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.