Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

it's a b****y good job my neighbours don't live here

it's a b****y good job my neighbours don't live here

Old Apr 5th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: it's a b****y good job my neighbours don't live here

If the neighbour from hell is a piss head, he isn't going to be reasonable anyway, and probably will be aggressive.

I'm glad I opted out of buying in an urbansiation. I lived in an appartment block when I first came here which was full of nosey people, as well as noisy and I sometimes felt invaded when the neigbours came over.

Thankfully I now live in a campo and everyone around me is Spanish, tend to be related to each other and thankfully have accepted me the only foreigner amongst them. One of my spanish neigbour who came from Barcelona has more problems from my neigbours, he has so many complaints against him at the Town Hall it isn't funny. They tend to gang up on anyone who is a problem. The only thing in the Summer the Spanish can be noisy when they are outside on the terraces, they don't seem to know how to talk, but shout....
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
If the neighbour from hell is a piss head, he isn't going to be reasonable anyway, and probably will be aggressive.

I'm glad I opted out of buying in an urbansiation. I lived in an appartment block when I first came here which was full of nosey people, as well as noisy and I sometimes felt invaded when the neigbours came over.

Thankfully I now live in a campo and everyone around me is Spanish, tend to be related to each other and thankfully have accepted me the only foreigner amongst them. One of my spanish neigbour who came from Barcelona has more problems from my neigbours, he has so many complaints against him at the Town Hall it isn't funny. They tend to gang up on anyone who is a problem. The only thing in the Summer the Spanish can be noisy when they are outside on the terraces, they don't seem to know how to talk, but shout....
We are quiet people and like you we are the only English in our town and are treated very well because we do not give them any problems.

Your comment on them not being able to talk made us laugh as when we first lived here we would rush to the window to see what was going on if someone raised their voice but now we just say that there are a couple of people walking along having a chat and shrug our shoulders.

What I still do not understand is how they manage to follow the thread of a conversation if there are four or five of them as they all insist on talking at once.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's the loudest who wins. The funniest was I was asked to g to a meeting on Sunday about the neighbour who is causing them all a few problems. Well since they were at their normal talk level, I think he must have heard them as he was as nice as pie the next day and very helpful, which he isn't always. I don't have too many problems with him, but he has built a massive house illegally and caused a few inconviences to everyone. The police visit him and he tends to ignore them. Who needs coronation street, I have my own soap. But my immediate neighbour is very helpful and it is nice that he went to the town hall on my behalf without me asking him and had plans drawn up to get me a building licence. So I'm very lucky where I am and I'm glad I brought on impulse as I made the decision as soon as I saw the house.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We are quiet people and like you we are the only English in our town and are treated very well because we do not give them any problems.

Your comment on them not being able to talk made us laugh as when we first lived here we would rush to the window to see what was going on if someone raised their voice but now we just say that there are a couple of people walking along having a chat and shrug our shoulders.

What I still do not understand is how they manage to follow the thread of a conversation if there are four or five of them as they all insist on talking at once.

Rosemary
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:22 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

we love living here, though when we first came over we thought it was our idea of hell.....until we tried it

with two kids, it's great, especially since most of the others are spanish, so they actually speak spanish when they're not at school.......at the moment they are both out with friends..the older one fishing on the canal , the other playing dolls in another house...........

it's just the one neighbour...............but at least he doesn't live here
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

You could always offer them all a drink and put some thing in it to knock them out for the whole time they are here or sedate them, laxatives for the whole family...

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we love living here, though when we first came over we thought it was our idea of hell.....until we tried it

with two kids, it's great, especially since most of the others are spanish, so they actually speak spanish when they're not at school.......at the moment they are both out with friends..the older one fishing on the canal , the other playing dolls in another house...........

it's just the one neighbour...............but at least he doesn't live here
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You could always offer them all a drink and put some thing in it to knock them out for the whole time they are here or sedate them, laxatives for the whole family...
Laxatives would be a good move lol
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:02 pm
Run dont walk

Tich is an unknown quantity at this point

With reference to "they all seem to be related"....have you not heard the saying "kick one and they all limp"
Old Apr 5th 2007, 5:44 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
PMSL!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 6:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
PMSL!!!!!!!!
Creep in and nick all the bog rolls first though. ;-)
Old Apr 5th 2007, 8:58 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
Back in '69 when I started work my second job was office junior and I had to make coffee for the sales reps, they were all so big headed and always had a smart word to say. They never had much to say the morning I made coffee for them all and added laxatives to it and then put the loo key in my pocket. In fact they only think I heard them say that afternoon was "where's the f*&^&%G loo key! Made my day
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:04 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: it's a b****y good job my neighbours don't live here

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Tourists already here for Easter, and yes, they've already been in the pool, and playing football in the street, and running around shouting, then of course there are the kids.
Lol! Oh dear!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:27 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! Great idea!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:30 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by jdr
Lol! Even better, especially as Jdr says, after you have hidden the bog roll! I can visualise it! Running round like headless chickens!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe give the laxatives every time they come here and they may decide to go some where else in future.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:21 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Just had a thought! Tell them there is about to be a crash in the property market and people on you urbanization are starting to sell at a loss rather than lose everything!! Ha Ha!! They wont need a laxative then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.