isla canella?

Old Oct 8th 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default isla canella?

Hi
Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky - We are considering staying at the RIU Atlantico in Isla Canella, next July. My question - two of our party are 17 yo girls - can anyone suggest if the resort will offer them enough "entertainment" whilst providing their parents with peace of mind they will be safe?
Thanks
Gareth
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: isla canella?

I imagine :-
A) My request was too cheeky after all?
or
B) There's no one out there that can help?
Thanks for looking anyway, I'll trawl the web somemore, and see what I can find.
G
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I've only been to Isla Canela once for a couple of hours but I can say that it is a place where even I would not want to spend a holiday let alone a couple of teenagers.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:06 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Hi
Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky - We are considering staying at the RIU Atlantico in Isla Canella, next July. My question - two of our party are 17 yo girls - can anyone suggest if the resort will offer them enough "entertainment" whilst providing their parents with peace of mind they will be safe?
Thanks
Gareth
They'll definitely be safe. However, the area isn't reknowned for being a teenagers paradise. Entertainment tends to centre around restaurant life. No karaoke or night clubs.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:18 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi
Thanks
Gareth
No not cheeky at all ... we've been away at the weekend and am just catching up on all the posts!

I presume you haven't been to the area before, but my teenage daughter and friends enjoyed the Sugar Reef at the marina. Having said that, they had to enjoy it as there wasn't really anywhere else for them to go! There are no nightclubs just restaurants and bars. I'm sure others will agree that it is unusual to see single sex parties and it is mostly families of all generations. It is only 5 mins walk from the Atlantico and all the youngsters holidaying with parents in the area are drawn to it in high season. If Tina or Paul are reading this I'm sure they'd agree! Isla Canela beach offers more of the same and rumour has it that Ayamonte has a nightclub, but we haven't found it yet! Taxis are few and far between so personally we toss a coin to see if we are walking or driving that night!

We went at the end of June and the area wasn't very busy at all. The 4 teenagers I had with me drew some quite unwelcome attention from the local youths who seemed to appear around every corner. In July/August it was much busier (but not so busy that you couldn't get choice of seats) and the youths seem to have disappeared into thin air.

I personally like the fact that I know where they are and they can easily make their way home again.

Sharon

PS but I'm sure someone else will have another point of view!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks
Gareth
Isla Canela is mostly for people with younger children, long stretch soft sand, fishing boats, playgrounds, children's entertainer at hotel.
your girls would be safe but apart from going into Ayamonte bars not much night life, also taxis difficult to find after 9pm. Most of their leisure activities would centre around hotel and a couple of British bars at Marina.
Most Spanish teenagers stay close to families and are involved in family socializing groups indoors.If your girls are into clubbing they will be disappointed.
Having said all this, this area is typically Spanish and we love it. It is definitely not the Costa del Sol or Ibiza.

Sue
Old Oct 9th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi
Thanks
Gareth
We are in our late 50's we play golf and have stayed at the Atlantico many times. The hotel is great. The night club has the potential to be great, but the entertainment is in one word C***. I shudder at the thought of taking teenage girls. Unless they just want the Sun & Sea. Tell them to take some good books!!
If you want a good holiday there leave them at home!!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I think all in all, I could be in for more earache than would be healthy if I took the poor lasses here!!
Thanks for your replies - now, what about Crete?
In a few years I'd like to think I'll be joining y'all in the ex-pat community of southern Spain - I really am quite jealous. Cheers
G
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try further down the coast, the beaches are fab all along the Luz so there is always surfing, body boarding (along with the nice looking surfers) to keep them happy There are some great cities to visit and things like water parks etc in the area. The Costa de la Luz really does have a lot to offer you just have to look into it a bit more.

Have a look at my site below which is packed full of info on all the resorts.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Hi
Thanks
Gareth
Forgrt it that part of the coast has little or no offerings for teenies. Best u will get is a music bar in Ayamonte!