Reload this Page >

Isla Canela Golf Hotel & Golf Course

Isla Canela Golf Hotel & Golf Course

Old Nov 8th 2013, 7:15 pm
Golf fanatic!

scallywag4015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Isla Canela Golf Hotel & Golf Course

Hi

My husband and I are coming to the Isla Canela Golf Hotel for January & February 2014 and would like to hear from any couples who would like to meet up & have a game or two. We are in our early sixties with handicaps of 9 & 12.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isla Canela Golf Hotel & Golf Course

Originally Posted by scallywag4015
Hi

My husband and I are coming to the Isla Canela Golf Hotel for January & February 2014 and would like to hear from any couples who would like to meet up & have a game or two. We are in our early sixties with handicaps of 9 & 12.
You may find that the golf club at Costa Esuri is more active.

There are the roll ups on Monday and Friday mornings(10.00 am first tee but you need to be there by 9.20)

Competitions alternate Weds

Chris the Pro organises trips to other courses on an adhoc basis
Old Nov 10th 2013, 6:48 am
Just Joined

pmcx9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am taking a group of lads out to Isla Canela in January so interested to hear condition of the course, hotel etc.

Regarding companions - you may find on busier days that as a twoball you will be paired off with other twoballs automatically by the club, this is quite normal for a hotel linked course. As you are both competent golfers you may find your new acquaintances to be downright hackers as has often been the case in my experience. We now always travel in multiples of fourballs!
Old Nov 10th 2013, 12:45 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmcx9
I am taking a group of lads out to Isla Canela in January so interested to hear condition of the course, hotel etc.

Regarding companions - you may find on busier days that as a twoball you will be paired off with other twoballs automatically by the club, this is quite normal for a hotel linked course. As you are both competent golfers you may find your new acquaintances to be downright hackers as has often been the case in my experience. We now always travel in multiples of fourballs!
It comments like these that put people of playing golf.
The handcap system was invented for just that reason so players of different abilities can play together and learn from each other.
We are mid handcap players and have bean teamed with pairs below 5 and others who have just started to play.
The biggest problem is slow play, those who think they can hit the ball 200 metres when it is nearer 100, those who think that they are in the open and take a multitude of practice shots or line up the put from every direction only to duff shot after shot.
Then there are those who think that the rules regarding how and where buggies are drven are for everyone else but not for them .
The courses should focus on slow play have more rangers on the courses and then everyone what ever their handicap would enjoy the game more.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EMR
The handcap system was invented for just that reason so players of different abilities can play together and learn from each other.
We are mid handcap players and have bean teamed with pairs below 5 and others who have just started to play.
The biggest problem is slow play, those who think they can hit the ball 200 metres when it is nearer 100, those who think that they are in the open and take a multitude of practice shots or line up the put from every direction only to duff shot after shot.
Then there are those who think that the rules regarding how and where buggies are drven are for everyone else but not for them .
The courses should focus on slow play have more rangers on the courses and then everyone what ever their handicap would enjoy the game more.
Old Nov 10th 2013, 3:15 pm
Golf fanatic!

Originally Posted by EMR
Couldn't agree more with your comments! Will you be at Isla Canela Golf Hotel during Jan/Feb? If so, would you like to meet up for a game?
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:04 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We are back mid feb so if you are still around we might be able to arrange something.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by scallywag4015
Hi

There is a weekly comp (Friday PM) on at Isla Canela, any one can play just turn up a day or two before and put your name down on the sheet, prizes and buffet after....

Course is in good condition at the moment....
Old Nov 11th 2013, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

pmcx9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EMR
Didn't mean to offend anyone. I like competitive golf and hit a decent ball. I have been away with a pal before and booked a tee time only to find we are paired with non english speaking golfers, in a buggy, who are slow, ignorant of golf etiquette, and downright hackers. I simply don't quantify that as a good use of my leisure time.

I was merely trying to suggest to the opening poster that they may find as a twoball abroad they will be paired with other golfers regularly and therefore get the companionship they so desire.

Good point about slow play though.

Thanks Pope for your brief summary of Canelas current playing condition.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by pmcx9
Didn't mean to offend anyone. I like competitive golf and hit a decent ball. I have been away with a pal before and booked a tee time only to find we are paired with non english speaking golfers, in a buggy, who are slow, ignorant of golf etiquette, and downright hackers. I simply don't quantify that as a good use of my leisure time.

I was merely trying to suggest to the opening poster that they may find as a twoball abroad they will be paired with other golfers regularly and therefore get the companionship they so desire.

Good point about slow play though.

Thanks Pope for your brief summary of Canelas current playing condition.
Greens are good too...
Old Nov 12th 2013, 2:22 pm
Golf fanatic!

Originally Posted by EMR
We are back mid feb so if you are still around we might be able to arrange something.
Yes we should still be staying at hotel. Just ask for Dave & Sally. Look forward to meeting up.