British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   IPTV in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/iptv-spain-941530/)

eednapes Nov 12th 2021 1:57 pm

IPTV in Spain

I'm tired of using a VPN to access Sky Sports. And then the quality is very patchy, keeps getting pixelated every minute. I did a quick research and came across this: <snip>

Any experience with it? I'm basically looking to have Sky Sports and BT. BEIN would be nice. PLus some movie channels and the BBC channels. Some American sports channels would be great too. I even have accounts with some American/Canadian channels but have the same issues I have with SKY.

Thanks

lyric030250 Nov 12th 2021 3:57 pm

Re: IPTV in Spain

And your location is ?

stevesainty Nov 12th 2021 9:27 pm

General rule of thumb, if you have a paid subscription to an IPTV service, you will get decent reception. If you rely on a firestick or similar DIY solution you will be accessing streams that have a high volume of other subscribers at peak viewing times and therefore have a much reduced quality of reception.
Case in point, we had a paid IPTV service that expired before we realised and tried to watch the Mexico grand prix on a recently purchased modified firestick, it was cr#p, buffered, pixilated and had to be refreshed dozenxs of times during the race. When we renewed our IPTV subscription, all the Sky channes were crystal clear.
You get what you pay for. Our IPTV costs us 180€ per year or 3.50€ per week, a small price to pay for good TV and so much more with boxed sets and movies.

Dxf Nov 12th 2021 9:39 pm

Hola,

I use the free RedBoxTV, TvMob Firestick as a backup, and also I have the Slamious build for everything else. All free but yes sometimes you get buffering but usually I can change to an alternate that works OK

Davexf

stevesainty Nov 12th 2021 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 13071006)
Hola,

I use the free RedBoxTV, TvMob Firestick as a backup, and also I have the Slamious build for everything else. All free but yes sometimes you get buffering but usually I can change to an alternate that works OK

Davexf

OK, I daresay enthusiasts who know what they are doing can faff around and get a decent signal for important, to oneself, transmissions. I am not a techie and like to be able to turn on the tele an watch what I have paid for without the fuss, guaranteed.

eednapes Nov 12th 2021 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by lyric030250 (Post 13070872)
And your location is ?

Barcelona.

eednapes Nov 12th 2021 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by stevesainty (Post 13071004)
General rule of thumb, if you have a paid subscription to an IPTV service, you will get decent reception. If you rely on a firestick or similar DIY solution you will be accessing streams that have a high volume of other subscribers at peak viewing times and therefore have a much reduced quality of reception.
Case in point, we had a paid IPTV service that expired before we realised and tried to watch the Mexico grand prix on a recently purchased modified firestick, it was cr#p, buffered, pixilated and had to be refreshed dozenxs of times during the race. When we renewed our IPTV subscription, all the Sky channes were crystal clear.
You get what you pay for. Our IPTV costs us 180€ per year or 3.50€ per week, a small price to pay for good TV and so much more with boxed sets and movies.

Good to know. May I ask which IPTV service did you get (the name)? Does it show all the football matches (domestic, European, cups, etc.)? Thanks.

stevesainty Nov 12th 2021 10:32 pm

Our subscription was with a local firm called Fonefix. You will probably find a company in your local through an internet search of IPTV subscriptions.
Our subscription includes all the Sky channels including top flight football games, there are also a miriad of other sports channels, along with UK terrestrial channels and lots of other European country channels. There is also 2 week catchup for UK channels. and a huge collection of up to date movied and boxed sets.

Joppa Nov 12th 2021 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by stevesainty (Post 13071023)
Our subscription was with a local firm called Fonefix. You will probably find a company in your local through an internet search of IPTV subscriptions.
Our subscription includes all the Sky channels including top flight football games, there are also a miriad of other sports channels, along with UK terrestrial channels and lots of other European country channels. There is also 2 week catchup for UK channels. and a huge collection of up to date movied and boxed sets.

How do you know if the IPTV you subscribe to is legit or not? Many streaming services have been closed down for breaching international copyright and broadcasting right. For example, it costs over £100 a month in UK to subscribe to all Sky channels and BT Sports through Sky, but if you are only paying 180 euro a year for the same channels, something isn't right?

Fred James Nov 13th 2021 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Joppa (Post 13071037)
How do you know if the IPTV you subscribe to is legit or not?

Simple. If you can receive any channel that normally requires a subscription, it is illegal.

eednapes Nov 14th 2021 7:43 pm

So no one here has a suggestion for a specific subscription service in Barcelona?

el collado kid Nov 15th 2021 6:36 am

Originally Posted by eednapes (Post 13071672)
So no one here has a suggestion for a specific subscription service in Barcelona?

Pick up the free papers at your local shops there will be something in there.

Jon-Bxl Nov 15th 2021 7:15 am

I am no expert on this but here is a link and some quotes

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on...w-its-15572051

Paying for the (IPTV) service might make it appear to be all above boards.

However this does not make it legal. The IPTV device of your choice will contain third-party add-ons -or channels - which allow illegal access to the premium content.

Also if there's any hint of illegality, there is a danger of malware... from 'shady' companies.. after all they are open to working in an illegal space, so are more likely to have certain objectives which could involve further illegality. Cookies are annoying enough... But this is worse

However there are other risks involved. By accessing illegal streams and websites, you leave yourself open to being hacked or having malware installed.

This malware may release passwords, banking details, private information etc etc.
I would say that a VPN is essential - but I dont know if it would block malware from being loaded.

Jon

Loco Nov 17th 2021 12:58 am

Reading your original post I suspect you have a problem with your internet connection or VPN.

Try changing your VPN, or better still try a smart DNS service, offering a free trial. Also check your router is set up correctly.

Buying a IPTV subscription service will only make the situation worse and as Fred, Jon and others have said most are illegal. I would add they also disappear with great regularity.

Best
Loco

DLC Nov 18th 2021 7:45 pm

For legal sports, how about DAZN?

Seems like
if you need to.