Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Invite to all motorcycle race fans.

Invite to all motorcycle race fans.

Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:32 am
Just Joined

moto1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Invite to all motorcycle race fans.

Hello to all the people on here from a new member.

Here is a quick introduction.

My dad lives in Spain now after retireing there a few years ago and my grandad did for 30 years before he past away a few years ago. I still live in the UK.

We are coming out to Spain for some track time with my son who is 18 and is currently racing in the British Superbikes in Superstock 600 on a Yamaha R6. At the final round at Brandshatch he was on the podium with a 2nd.

We will be at circuit Almeria on the 7,8,9 th of January with other UK teams and a Spanish Triumph team. Anyone is welcome to come along and watch the action and have a chat with us.

We have the possibility of a Factory Triumph ride in the BSB series with plenty of TV coverage for sponsors. Also there would be a chance of wild card rides in the Spanish series if sponsorship can be found to cover the costs.

Motorcycle racing is not cheap and i do understand with the current economic climate it may not be a popular thing to be posting but there are people who still have the finances and the passion who may want to get involved with a young riders career.

Anyone who knows of or is friends with someone that they feel might be intersted please come along and meet us. If nothing else it will be a fun day out.

Regards

Moto1
Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Invite to all motorcycle race fans.

Forgot to mention my dad lives near Malaga in Benalmadena and we will be stopping with him for a couple of days before travelling upto the circuit. My grandad also lived there before he passed away and know he had many friends there. I just wondered if any one on here remembers him, a bit of a mad old coot he liked to ware cowboy boots and a stetson ( don't ask me why, i really have'nt a clue.lol) .Think it will be ok to name him . Earnie Bysouth.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto1
Forgot to mention my dad lives near Malaga in Benalmadena and we will be stopping with him for a couple of days before travelling upto the circuit. My grandad also lived there before he passed away and know he had many friends there. I just wondered if any one on here remembers him, a bit of a mad old coot he liked to ware cowboy boots and a stetson ( don't ask me why, i really have'nt a clue.lol) .Think it will be ok to name him . Earnie Bysouth.

Welcome, & a couple of posts that struck me as a breath of fresh air & enthusiasm for something just for the sake of doing it, liking it & being good at it. If that makes any sense!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Fionamw,

It makes perfect sense.

Yes i can really appreciate the problems people have financially as we are not rich and i am afraid Motorcycle Racing is an expensive sport. But we have the passion and belief to carry on in these difficult times. I have talked to many old racers over the years and the one thing that is said again and again, never give up and one day everything will fall into place.

We are lookig at leaving the bike over in Spain and if anyone has a transit type van they would like to hire us for 4 days it would be appreciated.

This is Matts website if anyone is interested. www.mattbiltonracing.co.uk if you have any problems type his name into google.

Last edited by moto1; Jan 1st 2009 at 8:53 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:51 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Thanks Fionamw,

It makes perfect sense.

Yes i can really appreciate the problems people have financially as we are not rich and i am afraid Motorcycle Racing is an expensive sport. But we have the passion and belief to carry on in these difficult times. I have talked to many old racers over the years and the one thing that is said again and again, never give up and one day everything will fall into place.

We are lookig at leaving the bike over in Spain and if anyone has a transit type van they would like to hire us for 4 days it would be appreciated.

This is Matts website if anyone is interested. www.mattbiltonracing.co.uk if you have any problems type his name into google.
im in the area we live in sorbas not far from the track would love to came and watch you what time does the track days start.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks helenba,

We will be on track from 10 am on wed,thur, fri, 7,8,9, Jan. Please come and introduce yourself.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:43 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Thanks helenba,

We will be on track from 10 am on wed,thur, fri, 7,8,9, Jan. Please come and introduce yourself.
thanks for that we will be there
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Matts bike that we will be using on track is a Blue Yamaha R6 with #70 on it for you guys that are coming to the track.

See you there
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Matts bike that we will be using on track is a Blue Yamaha R6 with #70 on it for you guys that are coming to the track.

See you there
Just so you know I'm not a party pooper, just back from UK today & son #2 has 2 lessons tomorrow followed by school, otherwise he'd for sure be badgering me to go.....even if it is rather a long way! Good luck, let us know how it goes....