Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

INTERNET TV SITE

INTERNET TV SITE

Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future
Default Re: INTERNET TV SITE

Great link and many thanks.
Just a word of caution for some.
I know some people are totally law abiding and wouldn’t ever wish to be otherwise so is the site totally legal?
Can it be legal if it’s showing Lost Series 3 and stuff like that?
TV companies pay millions for the rights to Lost and it’s only just screened in the US
I’d just like everyone to be making as informed a choice as possible without throwing a wet blanket on it all.
But hey, Tesco are advertising on the site and we all know they wouldn’t ever do anything illegal now would they?

Cue Whistleblowers.

I’d be more than happy for someone to tell me it’s all totally legal. Step forward to the plate the Expats legal experts.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
I know some people are totally law abiding and wouldn’t ever wish to be otherwise so is the site totally legal?
TV companies pay millions for the rights to Lost and it’s only just screened in the US
I’d just like everyone to be making as informed a choice as possible without throwing a wet blanket on it all.
But hey, Tesco are advertising on the site and we all know they wouldn’t ever do anything illegal now would they?

Cue Whistleblowers.

I’d be more than happy for someone to tell me it’s all totally legal. Step forward to the plate the Expats legal experts.
I dunno ... must admit I was about to pay £30+ for the 2nd series of Life on Mars
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:06 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Hi Lynnxa,
I have never had to register on anything I have watched no probs at all but if you go to the bottom of the page and click the Forum linkl there is something in there that mentions having trouble registering so take a look ,it may help but it does say they dont accept Yahoo or Hotmail addresses.
all the subtitles on the stargates he tried to watch are in chinese (or soemthing like that) and all stopped after 21 mins!!

never mind....we'll try something else later

thanks for the link!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Cue Whistleblowers.

Yes it is totally legal as they only provide links to tv programmes it says so on the site so you have nothing to worry about.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Cue Whistleblowers.

FAQ`s quote.....

"Is this site legal? Don't make me call my lawyer.
We provide links, nothing is wrong with that."

It`s you breaking the law by downloading them.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
FAQ`s quote.....

but not illegal to just watch them online then?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:35 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
FAQ`s quote.....

Unless anyone knows a backdoor, you can't actually download them anyway, can you? It's just available to watch.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but not illegal to just watch them online then?
You are downloading them as you watch them cos the file will be in your tempory internet files.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
You are downloading them as you watch them cos the file will be in your tempory internet files.
really?

didn't realise that
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by lynnxa
really?

didn't realise that
Same as youtube really ;-) but you can copy them if you are naughty.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

There are programs out there that can record streamed video.
Don't ask me what they are, i would never do anything so illegal.
No seriously, sorry dont know the programs but I expect you can google it if you really wanted.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:13 am
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about legal thing but Karma given to little sugarlugs one for the link
A useful site and tested Blackadder and it seems to work well
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:49 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Thank you JDR - have now figured out how to be "naughty" and have a lovely DivX copy for TV.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Just been laughing away again to Max and paddy

Thanks for the link
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:15 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
but I'm such a good girl............

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.