Reload this Page >

Internet Providers - unlimited internet

Internet Providers - unlimited internet

Old Jul 11th 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

catalicante is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet Providers - unlimited internet

Hello again

I am moving to Alicante this month and need to set up internet in my new home and am hoping some if you may be able to offer some advice.

Can any of you recommended a good internet provider?

Is it possible to get unlimited internet per month?

The best I can find is 10MB per month which is less than I get on my mobile phone!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Catalicante
Old Jul 11th 2014, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet Providers - unlimited internet

The answer to this depends very much on your actual location, even down to an exact building. I recently relocated to Alicante and found Orange could not deliver ADSL to my building and so I had to go with Movistar. I am not saying the service is bad just it can be very 'localised'
Old Jul 11th 2014, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by catalicante
Hello again

I am moving to Alicante this month and need to set up internet in my new home and am hoping some if you may be able to offer some advice.

Can any of you recommended a good internet provider?

Is it possible to get unlimited internet per month?

The best I can find is 10MB per month which is less than I get on my mobile phone!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Catalicante
Are you sure they didn't mean 10 Mbps max download speed, and not 10 MB data limit? I have never heard of a download limit for internet connections in Spain (other than for cellphones, of course). And 10 MB would barely be enough to check your email and read BE...

My ISP is ONO and I have unlimited internet, 20 Mbps max download speed. I am very happy with my ISP, but I live in a major city (Valencia), and I have heard people in more out of the way places say that their experience is not as good. If you're moving to the city of Alicante, you would probably get good service from ONO, but if you're moving to somewhere in the boonies in Alicante province, then I am not sure you'd get the same service.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I mis-read the original post, I also have never heard of a 10MB download limit, can't be right, I mis-read it as speed.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

catalicante is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Thank you for your responses. I think I was looking at the upload speed...!

CA
Old Jul 11th 2014, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested in this subject as we have no landline to our house and we use a dongle with movistar and this costs us about 55 euros a month on contract. We cannot receive a vodafone signal at all.

At the moment we are on holiday in Portugal where the wifi in the resort costs 50 euros a week. So we visited a phone shop and we bought a dongle for 30 euros which came with 1gb and once this ran out we topped up with 15 euros and it is unlimited for a month. It would have been much cheaper if we had a Portuguese tax number.

Does anyone know of a pay as you go internet provider in Spain who charges 15 euros a month with unlimited usage and a decent speed. Thanks for your help as I believe I am being ripped off by movistar.