Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

International schools Granada / Malaga

International schools Granada / Malaga

Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

chris5317 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International schools Granada / Malaga

Hi there - my partner and i are in the process of looking into schools in these regions

Does anyone on here have children in any of the following and if so any feedback re the school would be great

Swans School - Marbella
British College Benalmádena
St Anthony's College - Fuengirola
Almuñecar International School

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice
Default Re: International schools Granada / Malaga

Work at the second one. What do you want to know?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris5317
Hi there - my partner and i are in the process of looking into schools in these regions

Does anyone on here have children in any of the following and if so any feedback re the school would be great

Swans School - Marbella
British College Benalmádena
St Anthony's College - Fuengirola
Almuñecar International School

Thanks
I knew a teacher from Almuñecar International School ,she was very fed up with the place as were many of her colcolleaguese to poor pay and conditions ,hence they have a big turnover of staff, as for the level of education they did not seem to think it was any higher than Spanish state schools ,in addition the kids never learn that good a level of spanish or ever intergrate well.
My personal view on international schools is they are okay for those wishing to live here temporally, say for 1 - 2 years .
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Rotor - thanks for the info

Zaragozaram - just interested in the general standard of education, facilities there and the % of english kids there

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:44 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I know that our international school in Cartama has just had a few new students from St Anthonys due to some issues there??

.. and there are two international schools in Benalmadena, the "BIC" and the "BBC"

Jo xxx
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

thanks jo - i wander what the issues were
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:09 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris5317
thanks jo - i wander what the issues were
It could be seen as libelous to put it in writing on here and it is only rumour, hearsay and gossip!!! And its not so much to do with the education but more to do with "recreational activities", which I'm sure would have have been sorted and dealt with if they were true??!

However, if you want my opinion as to the best school around here its obviously going to be the one my kids attend "Sunlands" in Cartama, Malaga!!!

But then I would say that LOL.

Jo xxx
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

thanks jo - i'll look that one up as well then
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Chris5317

I have sent you a private message with answers to your questions.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I knew a teacher from Almuñecar International School ,she was very fed up with the place as were many of her colcolleaguese to poor pay and conditions ,hence they have a big turnover of staff, .
Yes, a relation of mine taught there a while ago, and she said the same, that there was quite a turnover of teachers. Having said that, friends of ours have their son there and they seem happy enough.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

In the two years that my children were at Almunecar, fifteen teachers left! These were just teachers in the senior school.
At the time I had one child taking A levels and one taking GCSE's. Not ideal!

My youngest who was leading up to GCSE's decided that he was going to leave school at 16. After moving him to another International School, he changed his mind in the first two weeks and decided to stay on for A levels. He started uni this week.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:27 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

This is heresay.

Whilst researching Almunecar Intenational School, I found a thread on another forum to which I do not subscribe.

The thread said that her young son (10 I think) got the school bus every day, and was subjected to 18+ violent videos which had left him traumatised. When she complained to the head, the member of staff responsible for chaperoning the children on the bus was not immediately dealt with. Further, that member of staff found out that it was her son who had complained, and she was then confronted by this woman.

I had to email the school twice and phone them 3 times to enquire about available places. The head emailed me back 2 weeks after my original enquiry, I was not really impressed.

Nic
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

thanks - looks like that ones well off the list
Old Sep 20th 2009, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

There are others in the area, just depends where(ish) you want and what's on your priority list that would decide you yes or no! (... eg distance to travel, location, buses, results, class sizes, % Spanish/English/other of pupils, etc.)
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Fiona

We are fairly near the start of the relocation process.

We have not pinpointed an exact area as yet and are really quite flexible - as we like both regions - we're looking to base our accommodation around the school. So the choice of school and its all round package ie results, classes, ambience, facilities, cost take precedence

Any advice / input is more than welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.