Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

International school Jerez?

International school Jerez?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

thehollos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International school Jerez?

Hi can anyone tell me the name of the International School in Jerez. Googling comes up with zilch.

Also what is the expat population around this area?
Does anyone live nearby with children and info on schools etc?

Thankyou.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all
Default Re: International school Jerez?

Originally Posted by thehollos
Hi can anyone tell me the name of the International School in Jerez. Googling comes up with zilch.

Thankyou.
Try googling "colegios privados Jerez". The paginas amarillas give a good selection.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thehollos

Thankyou.
Try here: http://www.cialtillo.com/

should be everything you need
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

foxterrier is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - have you made the move to this school yet? we are thinking of moving to Jerez/cadiz area, but havent a clue which area yet. Want to be in reach of a good school, and fairly close to coast.

Any advice on areas? and what the ex-pat population is?

thanks
J
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:34 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We live in one of the white villages 20 mins from Jerez, the area is low expat, no english type bars etc in the area we live there are a very few English bars etc just a few nearer the coast.
From what I understand good international schools, its all according to how old your children are.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

HI Hollos & Foxterrier,
If you haven't made the move yet or if you have may be you can let the Foxterrier know!
One of the English teachers in Altillo school is a friend of mine, if you would like some more information on that school I can put you in touch with her. Just send me a PM
You might find it difficult to get your children in now the term has already started if you are thinking of moving here in the near future?
There is also a new private international school in Jerez that opened in April this year: http://www.menesteo.es/english/index.php
We have lived in Jerez for well over 5 years and have a 9 & 6 year olds, both in a Spanish school!
Foxterrier for more information on local areas take a look at our website or PM me if you have any general questions.
kind regards
Paul
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently there is a new Danish school near the golf course which teaches in English.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:07 am
Just Joined

srawlings is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have a possibility of relocating to Seville with my company for a 2 year period, but before I make the commitment I need to ensure that the schooling for my 2 children does not suffer. My children are 11 and 14 and although my 11 year old is catered for in Seville, I have found nothing for my 14 year old who is just into his most important 2 years of his GCSE's. Does anyone know if Jerez or any other Towns close by has an international scool capable of meeting his needs. I have contacted Altillo but they can not support him.

I know boarding is a possibility, but the idea of this re-location is for the whole family to sample the culture together and I will not take this option.

Thanks Steve
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by srawlings
Hi,

I have found nothing for my 14 year old who is just into his most important 2 years of his GCSE's. Does anyone know if Jerez or any other Towns close by has an international scool capable of meeting his needs. I have contacted Altillo but they can not support him.

I know boarding is a possibility, but the idea of this re-location is for the whole family to sample the culture together and I will not take this option.

Thanks Steve
There are not enough British people in the Jerez area to support a school offering GCSEs. Your kid would be the only one in the class! If you want to follow a foreign curriculum in Spain you will have to go to the high expat areas such as the Costa del Sol, and I have heard of one such school just across the border in Portugal - Tavira I think. But that would be a very long commute for a 14 year old.

"International School" in this area means that some of the classes are taught using the English language, not that it follows the British curriculum.

I'm afraid you have set yourself a hopeless task if you wish to settle in the Jerez area.

Best of luck anyway.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks Jerezgirl for your response.

It is looking a hard task to find GCSE level education fro my 14 year old close enough to Seville to re-locate.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:27 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by srawlings
Thanks Jerezgirl for your response.

It is looking a hard task to find GCSE level education fro my 14 year old close enough to Seville to re-locate.
I think that the leaving certificate that is given at 16 will have the same "qualification" as the GCSE. The examination at the end of 18 is the same as our A levels and they are all accepted in UK Universitys
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for this information. I will ensure I look inot all options before making the decision one way or the other.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

Hi Steve,

Did you take a look around this site for El Sabio school in Jerez. It might not be what you are looking for but i thought I would just mention it again incase you missed it.

There is also a new private international school in Jerez that opened in April this year: http://www.menesteo.es/english/index.php
Old May 16th 2009, 10:32 am
KeO
Just Joined

KeO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am new to the forum as my husband and I are considering moving to Jerez in a few years time. Can you tell me if all the international schools are fee paying schools? I looked at one school outside of Jerez (Sotogrande International School) and the fees were up to EUR12,000 per year

Just wondered if this was the norm? If so we need to get saving now!!

K
Old May 16th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KeO
Hi

I am new to the forum as my husband and I are considering moving to Jerez in a few years time. Can you tell me if all the international schools are fee paying schools? I looked at one school outside of Jerez (Sotogrande International School) and the fees were up to EUR12,000 per year

Just wondered if this was the norm? If so we need to get saving now!!

K
By definition, International schools are fee paying schools. Only state run schools are free, and even then you have to pay for books and materials.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.