Intasure

Old Nov 16th 2011, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Arthurs Glove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intasure

I've just had my usual monthly e-mail from Owners Direct and this month they are promoting a company called Intasure who provide home insurance.
I've asked them from a quote and the amount is similar to what I am paying with AMSYR but am wondering if anyone else has experience of them.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:01 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Intasure

Originally Posted by Arthurs Glove
I've just had my usual monthly e-mail from Owners Direct and this month they are promoting a company called Intasure who provide home insurance.
I've asked them from a quote and the amount is similar to what I am paying with AMSYR but am wondering if anyone else has experience of them.
I used to use them but never had to make a claim. I only changed because I found IBEX to be cheaper.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

They are my insurers, but have never claimed. Their Spanish office is in Oliva.
This year they have changed the terms for the winter period that relates to burst pipes. Apparently if I do not maintain a temp of 55 degrees when I am not there I am not covered.
Hardly likely to suffer frost damage in Oliva where the house is.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Arthurs Glove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyone
They are my insurers, but have never claimed. Their Spanish office is in Oliva.
This year they have changed the terms for the winter period that relates to burst pipes. Apparently if I do not maintain a temp of 55 degrees when I am not there I am not covered.
Hardly likely to suffer frost damage in Oliva where the house is.
My house (holiday home) is in Oliva also. Do you know where their office is and if the local staff speak English
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

pablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant futurepablosho has a brilliant future

A client of ours uses intasure and has informed me that the mains water should be turned off between the months of November & March if the house is empty!

He has used them for several years but he hasn't had to claim either, sorry if that's not much help.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:02 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not much help sorry except to say they are legit.

Never made a claim but used them for about 6 years and in my houses in other countries too, however they only do houses in Spain if it's your holiday home now, that's why I changed to Mapfre.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

My house (holiday home) is in Oliva also. Do you know where their office is and if the local staff speak English
I walked past it last time I was out but do not know the address. Its in the area around the Bar Institute and N332.
They do speak english as I rang them when I set up the insurance. I was speaking to the rep. and mentioned I had a house in Oliva and she said that was where she was speaking from.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Try this link

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?...28623688020652
Old Nov 16th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

actually most insurers will not cover water leaks - either frost or tree root invasion.

my neighbour had a leak & the water lost was 700e, insurer paid for the repair but not the leak - it wasn't intasure though.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Don Limpio is an unknown quantity at this point

I´ve used them for the past 3 or 4 years. Nice bunch of people but like others I´ve never had to claim.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 4:24 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

I have a property insured with Intasure and have had the misfortune to have to make 2 claims, both for robberies (one a house break-in and one a theft of pool equipment about a year after the first claim).

The first claim was accepted and dealt with very efficiently indeed, paid out in full, very swiftly, no questions asked. The second claim was repeatedly rejected and only after threatening to go to the ombudsman (after following the time-consuming official complaints procedure) did they refer my claim to the Consorcio (who paid out in full).

I would say though, even though they rejected the claim, that they were approachable, friendly and communicative at all times. My beef mostly lies with the dimwit loss adjuster they appointed. I am still insured with them.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pablosho
A client of ours uses intasure and has informed me that the mains water should be turned off between the months of November & March if the house is empty!
I know someone with a flat that suffered a burst pipe when the tenant was away. The loss adjuster informed them that the water should be turned off if the property is left empty for more than three weeks. This property was insured by Ibex, the claim was paid.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

I use Intasure. I once tried to claim for an outer door lock which would not open so had to remove grill over upstairs window and (gently) force entry. They would not pay for lock as they said it was not consequential. As I did little damage to property whilst breaking in ( grill was easily replace) They would not pay for that as it could be repaired below excess. I might add that to get to the window I had to climb out of my neighbours window and over an asbestos roof to get to my terrace, and all this after driving all the way from Scotland!
Pete
Old Nov 17th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pablosho

He has used them for several years but he hasn't had to claim either, sorry if that's not much help.
We have just asked Intersure for a quote and were told the same thing - mains water to be turned off between November and March if the house is empty. Watching this thread with interest before deciding whether to go with them or not ...
Old Nov 10th 2012, 11:18 am
Just Joined

determined is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the misfortune to have relied upon this company.
We had insured the house with them because the policy was in English / underwritten by Lloyds and in the belief that communication would be easier in the event of any problems.
On the first and only occasion in my life that I have made any sort of claim; it was unfortunately a large one that involved a total loss.
Firstly........understand that these people are not brokers.......If you have to claim; the onus will be on you to check your policy and do the legwork.
Second .....do not rely upon anything they previously told you , unless you have it in writing........They encourage telephone contact (as can be seen on their web-site) .
I would like to hear from others who have had problems.........In particular, substantial claims and / or those involving the consorcio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.