Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Insuring a horse?

Insuring a horse?

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of
Default Insuring a horse?

We need insurance for a horse that is coming to Spain. He is in England at the moment but none of the Brit companies we have spoken to are interested in insuring him because he is coming down here. Can anyone recommend a company here? It would be really handy if we could deal with somebody that speaks English because our Spanish is not great.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice
Default Re: Insuring a horse?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Too many!

Thanks.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

I have just told the missus that you had simply searched horse insurance spain in Google and turned up loads of results and she said "Oh, I only searched equine insurance spain". Only a horsey person would not use the word "horse" in a search for horse insurance.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

hahah, sometimes it takes a simple mind
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:15 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to insure a horse that will live full time in Spain or trying to insure a horse that is traveling to Spain?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Are you trying to insure a horse that will live full time in Spain or trying to insure a horse that is traveling to Spain?
Insuring a horse who will travel to Spain to live full time.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Hi,

If you are using a transport company to move him, then they should insured for any problems....ive bought 3 over now, with a large company and I know they do insure.

www.fhcv.org is the Federation for horses in Valencia, and they insure, try their website, I think they have a links page which might take you to federation for the area you are,

(SNIP)
ive not got any of my insured over here, though I did in the UK

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 23rd 2009 at 11:06 am. Reason: Please dont post links to your own site - thanks
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Hi,

If you are using a transport company to move him, then they should insured for any problems....ive bought 3 over now, with a large company and I know they do insure.

www.fhcv.org is the Federation for horses in Valencia, and they insure, try their website, I think they have a links page which might take you to federation for the area you are,

(SNIP)
ive not got any of my insured over here, though I did in the UK
I told the missus and she seems very interested. Thanks.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Hiya, NFU covered my horse for month after arriving in Spain. I then used Mapfre, but warn you very expensive and be very careful what you are covered for. Most people do not insure over here, and if they do, it tends to be only for colic and death.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.