Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

insurance for my house

insurance for my house

Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:50 am
Just Joined

rozzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default insurance for my house

hi, i'm wanting to insure my house in spain, i'd prefer it to be with a uk based insurer. What companies do you use?
thanks
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:15 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: insurance for my house

Originally Posted by rozzer
hi, i'm wanting to insure my house in spain, i'd prefer it to be with a uk based insurer. What companies do you use?
thanks
Do you live there all the time or just visit??? HIFX the currency exchange people do a very interesting policy which I am about to put in place.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poollounger
Do you live there all the time or just visit??? HIFX the currency exchange people do a very interesting policy which I am about to put in place.
Go to Inta sure they sell policies for UK expats living in homes in Spain or Holiday homes in Spain, They are underwritten by Norwich Union, and all disputes can be settled thru the UK insurance ombudsman. incidentally I have been with MAPFRE and Allianz in Spain in the past, There were more expensive, very few english speakers and it is almost impossible to get a copy of policy in English out of them, whereas Intasure is geared for the Expat market, all in English and dealing with Eng people on the phone.

http://www.intasure.com/
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I use euinsurancedirect.co.uk. They use AXA. Better cover and cheaper.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:07 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by glynis
I use euinsurancedirect.co.uk. They use AXA. Better cover and cheaper.
Glynis do you know if they cover damage or problems when renting out your property ?? I believe HIFX cover the cost of hotels if there is an incident preventing your renters from using the place.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Glynis do you know if they cover damage or problems when renting out your property ?? I believe HIFX cover the cost of hotels if there is an incident preventing your renters from using the place.
email Wendy at [email protected].
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Mapfre as I didn't have the opportunity / time to do a comparison but I think they are a little pricey about EUR 320 for the villa, contents and pool
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:13 am
Just Joined

rozzer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all those suggestions. I ended up finding a great company, UK based, http://www.larkquickquote.co.uk/overseas_quote.php who will insure it while it's empty, let out and it also covers any domestic staff we might have. They seem very good and on the ball, whilst not as cheap as others i've seen, i beleive that " you get what you pay for".

thanks again
Old Nov 30th 2006, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

twowheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I've just returned from visiting my house in Oliva and sorting out insurance via MAPFRE who happened to be offering 20% dicount and gave a policy document in English and we were dealt with by a guy who's English is very good. On checking the price on Lark the cost of insurance was £ 243, with MAPFRE it was 260 eoros. It pays to shop around.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:13 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice

Originally Posted by rozzer
thanks

Hi Rozzer,

We have insured our home in Spain with the below company for 2 years and have never had a problem. They are the cheapest I could find aswell.

www.insuranceforholidayhomesabroad.co.uk

Cheers
Lic