Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Inland Andalucia

Inland Andalucia

Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

marchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the rough
Default Inland Andalucia

Hi there,
Our family moved to Spain inland exactly between Marchena and La Puebla 2 months ago with 2 kids 8 and 6. I was wondering if somebody can help me and knows where to go for spanish lessons around in the area as our spanish is very very basic. Any other ideas or how to learn spanish like for example cooking lessens, yoga lesson are more than welcome. Any other family lives around it will be nice to meet for a coffee or cervezza why not?
Div
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:23 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inland Andalucia

Originally Posted by marchena
Hi there,
Our family moved to Spain inland exactly between Marchena and La Puebla 2 months ago with 2 kids 8 and 6. I was wondering if somebody can help me and knows where to go for spanish lessons around in the area as our spanish is very very basic. Any other ideas or how to learn spanish like for example cooking lessens, yoga lesson are more than welcome. Any other family lives around it will be nice to meet for a coffee or cervezza why not?
Div
I'm nowhere near your area, so I can't help specifically - but aren't the kids at school?

I ask, because the school (or someone at the school) might be able to help with lessons

or failing that, just find out where the mums go for coffee & try to join in
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

marchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the roughmarchena is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm nowhere near your area, so I can't help specifically - but aren't the kids at school?

I ask, because the school (or someone at the school) might be able to help with lessons

Hi thanks you quick reply , the kids are at Padre Jesus school in Marchena and for now I did not manage to get in touch with any mum around what a pity but I am still trying. We live in a small urbanisation of 16 houses mainylu spaniards summer houses ust outside Marchena not very far from Autovia A92 and couple of very nice English family but without kids but I love to meet Spanish people as well.
I will keep trying and see if maybe another memeber of the forum lives nearby.
Have a good day!
Old Oct 15th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa

Mitzy what a coincedence my husband is autonomo as a translator as weel from English to French.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

go and ask at your local Ayuntamiento, you may well find there are free Spanish lessons. we have them here and well worth going to. Good luck and enjoy. Buy a big dictionary
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pwwm
go and ask at your local Ayuntamiento, you may well find there are free Spanish lessons. we have them here and well worth going to. Good luck and enjoy. Buy a big dictionary
Yes you are right they do have indeed but waiting for goverment funds and you know it is here is Spain it can take ages to have them so I tried in the meantime find another solution.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a shame, anywhere close by you could go to. suppose we have been lucky around here as all the villages have classes

Lets hope they set it up for you, but I seem to remember somewhere it is a EU thing and supposed to be implemented everywhere
Old Oct 15th 2010, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you manage to find some classes near you, I am in the Axarquia so can't help there. I went to classes in a private language school, it was well worth the investment, but would also recommend that you look for an intercambio arrangement with a Spanish person who is learning English. I have done two of them for six months each and found it helped me tremendously as you need more conversation practice than lessons for a couple of hours per week can provide.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

betis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marchena Classes for adults are held in the Escuela Aldultos in Puebla which is next to the Guardia Civil. Coming from the market square if you pass the Guardia Civil station on the same side of the road you will see a slip road running parallel with the main road and the school is about two houses from the far end. Classes are held every Monday and Tuesday evenings from 8pm to 9pm. If you want to register just bring your passport along. Classes are free. Hope to see you there. Trevor
Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by betis
Hi Marchena Classes for adults are held in the Escuela Aldultos in Puebla which is next to the Guardia Civil. Coming from the market square if you pass the Guardia Civil station on the same side of the road you will see a slip road running parallel with the main road and the school is about two houses from the far end. Classes are held every Monday and Tuesday evenings from 8pm to 9pm. If you want to register just bring your passport along. Classes are free. Hope to see you there. Trevor
Oh great thanks for the information. Next week I will be away but I will definitly come the after. Is it too late to join?
Thanks amillion for the reply
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

betis is an unknown quantity at this point

Should have added that there will be no classes on Monday 1st Nov, All Souls Day = Fiesta Trevor
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

marp is an unknown quantity at this point

another way is to try to contact someone from marchena studying english studies at university. surely, they will be interested in having an interchange with a native speaker. how to contact any of them, simply ask who is teaching english as a foreign language in marchena.

by the way am in Fuentes de Andalucia 20 kms far from marchena and there are a few british/irish families living here.

Miguel Ángel