Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Inherited Finca

Inherited Finca

Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Shel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inherited Finca

Could anyone tell me how to pinpoint the exact location of a property? I have been on the Land Registry site, but it's all in Spanish. The thing is I inherited a finca and an abogado did a search to see if it was still registered in the deceased's name. It is, but she doesn't have an address for it and asked me if I had any rates' bills with an address, which I don't. There is a description in the deeds of the general area. I thought Land Registries supplied plans or maps. The abogado has closed now for holidays the whole of August and I would like to be able to locate the finca myself as soon as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inherited Finca

Originally Posted by Shel2
Could anyone tell me how to pinpoint the exact location of a property? I have been on the Land Registry site, but it's all in Spanish. The thing is I inherited a finca and an abogado did a search to see if it was still registered in the deceased's name. It is, but she doesn't have an address for it and asked me if I had any rates' bills with an address, which I don't. There is a description in the deeds of the general area. I thought Land Registries supplied plans or maps. The abogado has closed now for holidays the whole of August and I would like to be able to locate the finca myself as soon as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
Does the Inheritence come with IHT taxes?
You know roughly where it is?
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
No I believe there's no IHT. I have a rough idea where it is but it covers such a wide area. I thought there would be something in the registration to pinpoint the address.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
No I believe there's no IHT..
Wow that will be a first
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is I inherited a finca and an abogado did a search to see if it was still registered in the deceased's name. It is, but she doesn't have an address for it

OK give us some clues :- deceased name, town etc.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:57 pm
Senior Moment

Theres googlezoom, select the catastral option on the right and then zoom in, but I dont know what you know about the place

http://www.goolzoom.com/
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:42 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the Catastral number (which will be in the deeds) go to the Catastro site at https://ovc.catastro.meh.es/OVCFrame...?TIPO=Consulta enter the Catastral number in the first search box and press the search button bottom left. That will give you what address there is for the property and then you can look at the map for it.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Theres googlezoom, select the catastral option on the right and then zoom in, but I dont know what you know about the place

http://www.goolzoom.com/
Yes brilliant.

We use it all of the time.

Lucky you!!

The very best of luck to you with it.

I would love to inherit an old finca.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hilybilly
Where will I find the Catastral number in the deeds. So far I can only find Registro de Denia, Tomo, Libro, De, Folio, Finca, Inscrip. The person I inherited from bought it in 1965 so maybe they didn't put in the Catastral number then.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 7:19 am
Senior Moment

Hi Hilybilly
Where will I find the Catastral number in the deeds. So far I can only find Registro de Denia, Tomo, Libro, De, Folio, Finca, Inscrip. The person I inherited from bought it in 1965 so maybe they didn't put in the Catastral number then.
Excuse me for asking, but has it been a long time since anyone has been at this property. I'm assuming so because of the lack of knowing where it is. Do you know for sure that it still exists?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Yes Mitzyboy the owner was there recently apparently.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Yes Mitzyboy the owner was there recently apparently.

How recently?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Hi whitelinen, I believe in summer 2008.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Hi whitelinen, I believe in summer 2008.
If you are desperate to know before September you have 2 options.

Firstly go back on the Land Registry site, it is not only in Spanish it is in English.

Physically go to there and ask in the town hall where it is. Ss the owner was there so recently, they will know and while you are there speak to the person in the catastro department who knows where every property is who will show you a photo of it.

Otherwise you will have to wait until your lawyer returns from holidays.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that info whitelinen. I'm excited and curious to know NOW. I did find the English on the site yesterday, but still couldn't work out what they were asking!! I might just fly out end of August and make enquiries at the town hall, then see my lawyer in September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.