Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Info required about villajoyosa spain, whats it like

Info required about villajoyosa spain, whats it like

Old Mar 25th 2014, 4:13 pm
interat1

interat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info required about villajoyosa spain, whats it like

Hi Guys, im looking to buy a holiday flat in villajoyosa, anyone live there at the moment, or have visited this part of Spain, I would like some info on the area, im going there to buy a property in April, I've just joined this forum, it looks great and have had a few fast replies from members, I really want to be close to Benidorm as I go there 3 times a year, any information would be great, thanks in advance.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Miles Barnett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info required about villajoyosa spain, whats it like

Hi, my name's Miles. I'm currently working at a law firm in La Zenia and living in Los Alcázares, Murcia, but I used to live near Mutxamel and went to Villajoyosa quite a few times.

Villajoyosa definitely has more of a Spanish feel to it than Benidorm does and I liked it whenever I visited, it's also very well placed as it's easy to reach not just Benidorm but also Alicante from there which is useful especially out of the tourist season.

The Moors and Christians festival held in Villajoyosa in July is also very impressive as you may have already heard!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miles Barnett
Hi, my name's Miles. I'm currently working at a law firm in La Zenia and living in Los Alcázares, Murcia, but I used to live near Mutxamel and went to Villajoyosa quite a few times.

Villajoyosa definitely has more of a Spanish feel to it than Benidorm does and I liked it whenever I visited, it's also very well placed as it's easy to reach not just Benidorm but also Alicante from there which is useful especially out of the tourist season.

The Moors and Christians festival held in Villajoyosa in July is also very impressive as you may have already heard!
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you want to bring a bit of colour to your life it could be just the place to go.

https://www.google.es/search?q=villa...w=1366&bih=653

Other than that a pleasant enough atmosphere as best I recall.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:55 pm
interat1

interat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Info required about villajoyosa spain, whats it like

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well if you want to bring a bit of colour to your life it could be just the place to go.

thanks mate
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Its not all like that though as you come in to Villajoyasa from the N332 Big Roundabout / Motorway link through the town, it looks a bit of a run down s/hole, I looked at a flat there, it looked awful from the outside but was actually quite luxury inside. It was on the roundabout of Carrer Music Tito, maybe just that area was run down or typical Spanish urban area.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miles Barnett

Villajoyosa definitely has more of a Spanish feel to it than Benidorm does
Even Bristol has a more Spanish feel than Benidorm!
Old Mar 26th 2014, 9:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to be close to Benidorm, then can I suggest Albir, on the coast itself, short drive or bus to Benidorm, but it does have a more laid back feel, can be quiet in the winter, but still a nice place to live.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Benidorm gets a lot of slack that I really do not think it deserves
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Benidorm gets a lot of slack that I really do not think it deserves
Benidorm is what it is, it meets a need, millions of visitors, both Spanish and guiris go there and love it (my sister loves it), but it's a bit like Marmite, you love it or hate it. I don't have a problem with the place, a bit like Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Torrevieja etc they all have a very loyal following, and that's great that people enjoy them, personally they are not for me, no more than Blackpool would be. Whenever I see shots like this, I think where is the fun in that?
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:27 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going back some years now but the old town of Villajoysa used to be famous for tension between the large gipsy population and the locals, a place to be avoided by expats at night.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:46 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

From what I recall the large Poniente district was always predominantly very Spanish.

Even the Levante district had large influxes of Spanish during holiday seasons.

Has it changed that much ?

From what I've heard more recently Benidorm as a whole is still very popular with Spanish people.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:59 pm
On the road again.

Benidorm is what it is, it meets a need, millions of visitors, both Spanish and guiris go there and love it (my sister loves it), but it's a bit like Marmite, you love it or hate it. I don't have a problem with the place, a bit like Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Torrevieja etc they all have a very loyal following, and that's great that people enjoy them, personally they are not for me, no more than Blackpool would be. Whenever I see shots like this, I think where is the fun in that?
http://www.globocation.com/wp-conten...dorm-beach.jpg
I've never seen it anywhere remotely close to that, though I never used to go in peak periods.

I used it mainly as a base to explore nearby areas, but generally apart from a handful of harmless and mostly good natured drunks, I found a reasonably calm and pleasant atmosphere on most occasions I ventured into the more popular areas.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:40 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.globocation.com/wp-conten...dorm-beach.jpg
That link reminds me exactly of how it was all those years ago when I ran a business in Benidorm in the second street up from the Levante beach and lived in an apartment on the first one, I can see one of them from the photograph.

I hated it when I first arrived and wasn't there for fun but the whole place grew on me, very quickly, although I did have to invest in ear plugs and two way mirrors in my offices to catch out the thieving staff.

I was a lot younger then and couldn't live there now, unless it was a good ten streets back from the front or in peaceful Albir/Altea.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:46 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit, I am a beach, shops, bars, concrete and crowd lover.

I would choose Benidorm over a quiet town anyday.

But we are all different.