Reload this Page >

Info on Alicante

Info on Alicante

Old May 22nd 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

awol_aussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Alicante

Hi,
I am a 37 year old Aussie currently living in Scotland where I own a small Hotel.
I really miss the sun and warm weather and would like to move to Spain, particularly the Alicante area, and work while I learn Spanish.
Any information on job prospects and accomodation, links to local online classifieds, newspapers, messageboards in the area would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Rich
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on Alicante

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, there is also a lot more information in the Europe Forums. Yet another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

At the moment the job situation is not good. There are a great deal of Spanish people unemployed and struggling to make ends meet so it is quite grim for incomers too.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 23rd 2011, 7:18 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I personally don’t think you can work here in Spain.
Australians need visas.
Maybe read this information to see how you may get one. However the process is difficult.
Another thing that maybe against you is that the unemployment levels are quite high in Spain. There currently protest associated with this problem.

Good luck with your planning.
Old May 23rd 2011, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Info on Alicante

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Australians need visas.
Maybe read this information to see how you may get one. However the process is difficult.
Another thing that maybe against you is that the unemployment levels are quite high in Spain. There currently protest associated with this problem.

Maybe he has married a Scotish Lassie/Laddie which changes everything if they move together.
Old May 23rd 2011, 10:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by awol_aussie
Hi,
I am a 37 year old Aussie currently living in Scotland where I own a small Hotel.
I really miss the sun and warm weather and would like to move to Spain, particularly the Alicante area, and work while I learn Spanish.
Any information on job prospects and accomodation, links to local online classifieds, newspapers, messageboards in the area would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
Rich
Costa Blanca News might be helpful, google it.
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

http://www.costa-news.com/index.php?...=62&Itemid=120

http://www.costablancafreeads.com/

http://www.thejungledrums.com/
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Australians need visas.

I do have dual UK/australian citizenship so there should be no problems there.
As far as working goes, I can support myself but it's always nice to have something to do each day so I'll be looking for something to occupy my time. even if it is working for lodging and food, possibly even with an volunteer organisation.
I guess the best way to decide is to put feet on the ground and then see what happens.
Thankyou for the links so far.
Old May 24th 2011, 1:22 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who owns a hotel in Denia. He may be able to give you some advice. If you want me to put you in contact, please send me a PM with your e mail address and I shall forward it to him.
Old May 24th 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Thanks missile, pm sent

Last edited by awol_aussie; May 24th 2011 at 12:25 pm.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Some very nice apartments, with beautiful views, to rent at Bonalba Golf. Just 5/10 minutes inland from Campello, a nice Spanish seaside town, that is about a ten minute train ride into the centre of Alicante.

John.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
Some very nice apartments, with beautiful views, to rent at Bonalba Golf. Just 5/10 minutes inland from Campello, a nice Spanish seaside town, that is about a ten minute train ride into the centre of Alicante.

John.
And it's a bloody good Golf Course as well. I've sworn a lot going around that one
Old May 25th 2011, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
And it's a bloody good Golf Course as well. I've sworn a lot going around that one
Next time you are playing here, let me know and we can have a beer over the fence bordering my garden (I think it's the 14th green)

John.
Old May 25th 2011, 9:04 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Saxy
Next time you are playing here, let me know and we can have a beer over the fence bordering my garden (I think it's the 14th green)

John.
Ive probably hit your roof then
Old May 25th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

OUCH!!
NO YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR BALL BACK

John
Old May 25th 2011, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Golf is a great way to ruin a perfectly good walk xD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.