Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Old Nov 4th 2010, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future
Default Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Have just logged on after a few days and read about a meeting today! Sorry not in CE but would have loved to have been able to attend.

Still confused a bit by all of this but is good that the RA is officially recognised.

If as stated in previous threads that we need to register etc to give the RA a stronger position then as soon as we are able to we will. I am still getting my head around it all but like any group the more there is the stronger the voice.

Thanks for keeping us all posted.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: INAUGRAL MEETING OF THE COSTA ESURI RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION

Originally Posted by Diddymiddy
Have just logged on after a few days and read about a meeting today! Sorry not in CE but would have loved to have been able to attend.

Still confused a bit by all of this but is good that the RA is officially recognised.

If as stated in previous threads that we need to register etc to give the RA a stronger position then as soon as we are able to we will. I am still getting my head around it all but like any group the more there is the stronger the voice.

Thanks for keeping us all posted.
You would not have enjoyed it the Spanish/Portguese found their voice and the meeting lasted a long time with translations back and forth. However the business was done and the fee of €5 agreed and paid by about 50-60 members who signed up on the night.

The 10 member Commission (committee) was elected and from that group a President, Secretary and Treasurer

The minutes will be published soon and the lodged with the statutes in Huelva where they are available on the Delegacion Del Gobierno website.

The registered name of the group is :-

ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ

please join us when you are next over. The commission will meet for the first time next Wednesday 10th November at 6.00pm to make a start on a programme of activity. The meeting is open to all members and do remember it is one member one vote so every voice counts so come along.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
You would not have enjoyed it the Spanish/Portguese found their voice and the meeting lasted a long time with translations back and forth. However the business was done and the fee of €5 agreed and paid by about 50-60 members who signed up on the night.

The 10 member Commission (committee) was elected and from that group a President, Secretary and Treasurer

The minutes will be published soon and the lodged with the statutes in Huelva where they are available on the Delegacion Del Gobierno website.

ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ

please join us when you are next over. The commission will meet for the first time next Wednesday 10th November at 6.00pm to make a start on a programme of activity. The meeting is open to all members and do remember it is one member one vote so every voice counts so come along.
GREAT WORK - THANKS!!

Delighted that as we said, it is 1 vote per member and the system of community/Intercommunity presidents voting en-bloc is not there for this legally certified residents organisation

Please can you let us know

1. Is there a way to join up without attending in person, and if so how (including bank details i.e IBAN and SWIFT)

2. What is the process to vote in absentia - can I e.g give you (or anyone) authority to vote for me, if I am not there.

Thanks again and I hope it will be well supported and we can start to equalise the balance at CE - where the EUC disregards its clients and does an awful job in my opinion.

Jon

PS Who are the committee members?

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Nov 5th 2010 at 10:04 am.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
GREAT WORK - THANKS!!

Delighted that as we said, it is 1 vote per member and the system of community/Intercommunity presidents voting en-bloc is not there for this legally certified residents organisation

Please can you let us know

1. Is there a way to join up without attending in person, and if so how (including bank details i.e IBAN and SWIFT)

2. What is the process to vote in absentia - can I e.g give you (or anyone) authority to vote for me, if I am not there.

Thanks again and I hope it will be well supported and we can start to equalise the balance at CE - where the EUC disregards its clients and does an awful job in my opinion.

Jon

PS Who are the committee members?
When the website is up we hope to be able to join online and that will require some method of payment into the account Chris is opening today. We have had preliminary discussions on Proxy votes but it is not easy we still have to find a solution. Rumours are rife on the EUC but will not post on rumour alone more substance needed.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Marta & Javier is on a distinguished road
Default costa esuri residents association

Congratullations for your new association and Long life!!

All the best,
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath

[/B]ASOCIACION DE RESIDENTES DE COSTA ESURI LA LUZ [/B]

It is great news. Could someone send me the Estatutos?.

I would like to belong to it.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spanish_lawyer
It is great news. Could someone send me the Estatutos?.

I would like to belong to it.
When the website is published they will available on there in Spanish and English to start with. We are just going through the final steps now and the minutes of the first post registration annual general meeting are being prepared in their proper form for submission to the Delegacion in Huelva. We have about 50 paid up members at the moment and more join all the time so we are a growing force for good at Esuri.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any more news from this Residents Association - eg a web site, copy of the minutes, copy of the statutes etc?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Any more news from this Residents Association - eg a web site, copy of the minutes, copy of the statutes etc?
If you join the Residents' Association all the above will be sent to you. We joined when we were out there last as they happened to be having a meeting while we were there. They meet every month, John may be able to supplymore details.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
If you join the Residents' Association all the above will be sent to you. We joined when we were out there last as they happened to be having a meeting while we were there. They meet every month, John may be able to supplymore details.
Yes the cmttee normally meets on the first Tuesday of the month and all are welcome.The meeting works to an agenda that is circulated to cmttee members but if a member wants a particular issue raised then drop an email to the Secretary or speak to a comttee member around Esuri. We are still improving and long may we be so but we do try to get the minutes out to members asap after the meeting. However the Data protection act means that only the Secretary has access to the address database and he has had a couple of sets of minutes returned so if you are a member and have not had any comms drop an email to Phil so that he can check your address. A social function is being arranged and as soon a full details are available I will post dates and times.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 16th 2011 at 8:59 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To join the association approach one of the cmttee members and they will need your name, DNI/NIE number, address (at Esuri) and an email address for communications. The rules of the registration at the Gobernio require this information and we follow he Data Protection regulations to kep this information confidential to the Secretary.

O'h I almost forgot €5 per person as the joinining fee and first years membership fee.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 16th 2011 at 9:00 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
I did join the RA - at the EGM last November (paid my 5Euros and left my Email addrees) - but had heard nothing since